PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 04:55 PM
EnergyROMs chef :)
Pocket PC: All of them...
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

NRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation levelNRGZ28 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Mercury' (23009) ** || Built July 29th ||

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Well, not that it really matters to me, because I never knew it did anything anyway....byt the Menu button on the Music tab does nada for me...on the 729 rom....fyi
Yeah I noticed that as well. I'll have to look into that :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
Thats the win build that does that.. dont think a cab can make that happen.
Oooo you'll be surprised. I will upload a cab shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
So I think its should be some regedit for this....
Nah... shell32.exe is responsible for it. I would have left it in but I wanted other themes to be compatible with the ROM so I cooked in an older one.. we'll see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintnerd View Post
I would just like to say this Rom kicks A**
Ha!

Quote:
Dont think so, if that was the case.. then every ROM builder using the other builds would have the regedit cabbed and posted everywhere. It does not exist.
It does on my hard drive.. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsachirpthing View Post
All hats off again, I beleive you have out done yourself this time and I appreciate your work. The ROM's are so nice, I find it hard to find things that are broken or out of place. This should come standard on a TP! Thanks again.

No grips about your work, but I noticed that the weather widget link goes to the twitter link. The app is cooked in, but incorrectly linked (very small incorrection I must add). This is a very easy fix, just edit the link and change the parameter to "4" instead of "3". "3" is for the twitter app. This is tested and working 100% for me. Hope this helps anyone who uses the weather app. BTW, I use SK Tools for editing my links, but others will work as well.

Great JOB NRG!!!!
Yeap.. a few people noticed that in the 8 threads I posted with the 29 update.. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm627 View Post
The 7/28 had longer battery 29 less.
Umm.. the builds are completely identical except graphics updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
I don't think anything [in particular to fix the time sync] is changed on the new build(s), but you are describing what is always the basic correct process for making sure you don't have problems. All you should ever have to do anymore is make sure the World Clock and System clock timezones and times are both set correctly before you sync in your appointments, in other words:

1. Go to World Clock (click the clock) and confirm your time/zone there.
2. Go to Start>Settings>Clocks to set the timezone and time there.

Glad to hear it's working fine for you. With nothing more than that it should be working for basically everyone anymore...
It's possible it's "fixed". To add all the extra tabs to the world clock I modified the coresponding Manila file from a 2.1 Manila...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionSX View Post
Hey guys, is there anyway to enable the Phone Keypad function of EzInput on this ROM? I can't seem to figure it out. I've tried installing an EzInput 2.1 Cab from XDA-Dev, but it removed all of my other SIPs except "Touch Input," the standard EzInput QWERTY Keyboard, and I still can't use the Phone Keypad-atyle or the Compact QWERTY either. Any ideas?

Also, is there a way to enable the larger WM6.5 popup menus instead of the huge finger menus? I disabled the finger menus but now the menus are small, WM6.1 style. I was hoping for the medium-sized, themed menus like in Calkulin's 6.5 ROMs. Thanks for all the help and the awesome ROM!!!
If you switch themes you can get the 6.5 menus to show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brushrop03 View Post
What does zooming do?
Really ? What does zooming usually do ? Zoom ? lol

p.s. No this isn't a mazda commecial... haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIKKG View Post
NRGZ28

I think this ROM can be improved if you cut down on all the clutter and the many subfolders in the start menu.

Only 4 subfolders are needed, Games, Office Mobile, Settings, and MISC and put various subfolders inside the MISC. Put all the important frequently used stuff in the main program section and the rarely used stuff in the MISC folder. Just keep it simple.

The main programs that should be included in the main should be:

Internet Explorer, File Explorer, Camera, Album, Opera, Google Maps, Comm Manager, You Tube, Contacts, Notes, Windows Media.

Those are probably the most common things people use. I personally prefer the regular File Explorer over Total Commander, and I always move TC to the Misc folder.

Other than those, your ROMS are very good. Just take your time and make them as stable as possible and everything should be good. Thanks!
Purely subjective opinion. File explorer blows compared to total commander.. windows media blows compares to pocket tunes.. etc etc... I happen to like it the way it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by askwhy View Post
Those are not really 'the most common things people use' -- those are the most common things some people use. For example, I don't think I am that abnormal (ok that may be debatable) but I never touch IE, file explorer, or windows media, and for people who use TF3D the camera/album/opera/contacts/comm are already handy. We all like different things, and where right now you have to add things you like, if they were all defaults many of us would be deleting things we didn't.

I feel like the top level of the Start Menu is kinda sacred -- it should be lean, mean, and clean! The way it is now is a great base. NRGZ knows exactly what he is doing here...
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman9821 View Post
Its a good thing I flashed your rom when it first came out, because I've been re-flashing ever since and it is the most complete rom, all the custom icons look amazing, it runs fast, it is just all around the best rom out and it just keeps getting better with every update, thanks for the hard work

Quote:
I somewhat agree with you

but I don't like the setup of the start menu either. I would rather have my apps right there in the start menu, and TF3D can be a pain to scroll thru sometimes.

And i'm more of a 6.1 start menu guy myself....

But saying all that, I don't think Energy should have to change it. I have no problem with it. If I want something there i'll just do it myself. Nice ROM
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertech View Post
I am having an issue with the 29th release. The start menu is very dim when its turned on. the soft keys on the same screen are fine as well as the task bar.

Anybody else know about this and how to fix it perhaps? I have tried all the brightness controls and nothing seems to work.

Oh BTW This rom kicks freaking a$$
There are no "brightness controls" in this ROM Can u post a screenshot maybe ?

If you liked what I cooked up for you and want to leave me a tip with Paypal > USD / EUR
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:01 PM
brushrop03

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmclin View Post
Apparently, after installing pimp package and tachi dialer fix, my vibrate on connection quit working. Anyone know how to get it back.

Thanks in advance
Boo vibrate. Just more battery wasted
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro with custom ROMs'
Carrier: Sprint for the service & PPCGeeks for the device

meanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuffmeanfishy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I am running 7-29 titanium along with CYMLXGO pimp package. what option is it to get the titanium weather to show up on S2U screen when it is locked?

P
ressing
will get you far, so PLEASE press it often!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:21 PM
I have the WIFI's
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint >>>>>

rezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIPrezn is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to rezn

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanfishy View Post
I am running 7-29 titanium along with CYMLXGO pimp package. what option is it to get the titanium weather to show up on S2U screen when it is locked?
Dude.. I just hit groan on your post to see what it did Sorry, go ahead and hit groan on my post if you want Dang.. and I cant thank you behind it.. seriously sorry for that one.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, Mogul, TP, TP2, Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

proxcee is just getting started

Quote:
Boo vibrate. Just more battery wasted
I've been trying to figure that out for awhile. The "options" that are supposed to do it...dont.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Dude.. I just hit groan on your post to see what it did Sorry, go ahead and hit groan on my post if you want
That was harsh dude.

Last edited by Mr.KLeen; 07-30-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Yeah i'm running the RD build.

No i havent installed the FB "upload stuff" (can u link to it). i haven't really done anything to the ROM yet. Been at work since flashing.

I have established a sync relatoinship between contacts and facebook. Although i'm not bothering w/that anymore.
...the "facebook upload stuff" is in the latest guide in my sig. The cabs will install the old photo album and will add an "upload to facebook" option in the menu when viewing pics. If you go into "Pictures and Video" [all programs] you'll notice an option to upload to YouTube in the menu when viewing a vid.

Let me know if this does the trick and I'll update the wording in my guide. Thanks dude!
Old 07-30-2009, 05:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fragola181818 is becoming a great contributor

how do you add a new contact? when i push add nothing happwns
Old 07-30-2009, 05:45 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragola181818 View Post
how do you add a new contact? when i push add nothing happwns
it should go like this. contacts>new>outlook contact> then your good to go to add contacts.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Vertech is becoming a great contributor

Here is the problem i am having...

Strange aint it? At first i thought it was Lumos but i took that off and still nothing.

As you can see it dims in standard and in landscape it looks fine. Go figure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen01.jpg (8.9 KB, 58 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (17.3 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Vertech; 07-30-2009 at 06:03 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro