PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Absolute Zero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Well it seems at least one other would like to know your cabs/tweaks num5kull27 to get it running smoothly. I will flashdance right quick and load 23081 back on there with a pagepool of 8 (is that not too small? is it not extremely sluggish?). From that point (in a few minutes), I'm down to try anything you advise.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:22 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsoldier79 View Post
I am on verizon, and I would like to know all your tweeks, and cabs also. if you dont mind...
ok will do!!! i gotta head to work so i will post up tomorrow but for the time being if you wanna improve memory on a vzw tp then use this app!!!! i use it religiously,it has 4 different methods but all you need to do is use the FreeupRam,make sure you highlight all options and clean away!!!

[ the first time you use it will clean a micro amount of ram,due to it brings up a help screen,close the app and clean again and u will see how much ram it free's up! this is the app i use to stay in 65-70% range ]

also use this cleartemp app, just a great lil app!SKTools4121.CAB

ClearTemp-v1.2.2.CAB

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jimk16 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtology View Post
COUGH COUGH...ok.. perhaps you were all too busy with other issues and missed my desperate plea for help. So I'll ask you all again.

How do I change the lockscreen to have slider on bottom and clock on top?
How do I add the blinking recharging taskbar icon that was in the previous build?
How do I change the font size or make the font bold on the message tab?

Help me out here guys.. Im at wits end!

the lock screen is part of the build of window mobile he is using as far as i know thats build specific and can't be changed
he taskbar is rom specific but do a search and look for another taskbar to install if youd like tsowen is a well respected one http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=512971

the font size is the esiest fix while the message is open simply slide your fingure around the center button (liek you would on an ipod) the touch pro has a sensetive wheel around the dpad that will soom in or out for you
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Is Discombobulated!!
Pocket PC: Vzw touch pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: verizon

Straitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the communityStraitup27 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to Straitup27 Send a message via MSN to Straitup27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero View Post
Well it seems at least one other would like to know your cabs/tweaks num5kull27 to get it running smoothly. I will flashdance right quick and load 23081 back on there with a pagepool of 8 (is that not too small? is it not extremely sluggish?). From that point (in a few minutes), I'm down to try anything you advise.
in the morning i gotta go im gonna be late lol yes SET IT @ 8!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

ProfEngr is a n00b

Quote:
Lastly, is anyone else having trouble with the GPS? In Google Maps, my dot is bouncing around a few different places about a half mile or so around me but never actually knows my position which makes me believe its using triangulation according to the towers. Is there anything special I have to do or modify to make it correctly use the GPS?
I fought with mine for over 2wks. Got some good (unfortunately not helpful in my case) advice from people here. I ended up putting all the ROM files on my microSD card for giggles. Now I flash from there unless I can't move a ROM to the root of the card. Seems to have fixed my GPS issue. Funny thing is, it would work on a Stock ROM, and even on the 0920 NRG. After I went to 1014 it stopped working EVERYWHERE BUT the stock ROM. Now it seems to be fine. Another reason not to trust Activesync. I haven't even done the *228 call yet (it is option 1 right?).

I set up activesync last night and noticed this afternoon that my contacts were blank. go figure. Good thing about having my ROMs on the card is I did the flash dance while at the grocery store. Just need to put PIM backup on to-do list now.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

ProfEngr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by num5kull27 View Post
in the morning i gotta go im gonna be late lol yes SET IT @ 8!!!!!!!!!
I checked it straight from the download and it's set @ 6. Runs ok I guess. I might bump it to 8 next time I flash and see what happens.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jimk16 is a n00b

Quote:
if you want speed ditch the overstuffed version download the 21864 version its the faster stable version (said so by nrg himselt on twitter) the 23081 version is the fancy bloated version

this said how is the new version im still running the oct 15 ver. is this nbew update really an update?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro XV6850

Absolute Zero is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk16 View Post
if you want speed ditch the overstuffed version download the 21864 version its the faster stable version (said so by nrg himselt on twitter) the 23081 version is the fancy bloated version

this said how is the new version im still running the oct 15 ver. is this nbew update really an update?
Well, it's my first NRG ROM so I wouldn't know if its "really an update". The reason I chose it is some of the issues that were fixed in it according to NRGs update. Yea, I did see 21864 was slated as the faster, stable version but I've never really been one to go for the older versions for stability...newer is better for me...improvements usually accrue (as do problems) but like I said, since it was my first, I just went with it. Also, I didn't know the newer one was "bloated"...I just thought it had a few bug fixes that weren't completed. Plus, if the other is not "fancy" and "bloated" does that mean it won't have that zex appeal it has now?
Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Sprint
Carrier: Sprint

b727pilot is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
I must say that I'm very impressed not only by this ROM and all of NRG's for that matter, as well as the amount of support that you all provide. You absolutely blow away MS and carrier support!

That said, this thread is getting very long. I spend at least an hour a day reading and catching up on the previous and current days posts and I'm starting to see a lot of repetetive questions and searcing for the answers in most cases brings me to the questions and not the answers.

I have an idea though. Since most of the fixes like GPS, MMS, Icons, Keyboard, and battery have been descussed ad nauseum, how about a thread inserted at the top in one of the reserved posts that lists the fixes for the issues that most people ask about as well as the links to the relevant fixes, files or cabs.

I know people like threefaces have their tutorials (a must read for anyone using this ROM) and many thanks go to them for that.

Just an idea and trying to help.

David
+1 I agree
Old 10-27-2009, 08:58 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimk16 View Post

I am having no issues with 23081 and I have been abusing it! To ansewr your question though, 21864 is the newest, fastest and most stable but not a real noticable step up from 23016. I used it for a few hours before I went to the 23071, it was stable as heck and fast but again no largley noticable advantages from 10/14 23016. A few users have noted that there are some of the custom features from 23016, such as the drag and drop start menu feature, that were left out and were left more MS standard. SOOO yes it was an update albeit a nonmajor one.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro