View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 08:26 PM
ProfEngr
PPCGeeks Regular

ProfEngr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero View Post
Lastly, is anyone else having trouble with the GPS? In Google Maps, my dot is bouncing around a few different places about a half mile or so around me but never actually knows my position which makes me believe its using triangulation according to the towers. Is there anything special I have to do or modify to make it correctly use the GPS?
I fought with mine for over 2wks. Got some good (unfortunately not helpful in my case) advice from people here. I ended up putting all the ROM files on my microSD card for giggles. Now I flash from there unless I can't move a ROM to the root of the card. Seems to have fixed my GPS issue. Funny thing is, it would work on a Stock ROM, and even on the 0920 NRG. After I went to 1014 it stopped working EVERYWHERE BUT the stock ROM. Now it seems to be fine. Another reason not to trust Activesync. I haven't even done the *228 call yet (it is option 1 right?).

I set up activesync last night and noticed this afternoon that my contacts were blank. go figure. Good thing about having my ROMs on the card is I did the flash dance while at the grocery store. Just need to put PIM backup on to-do list now.