View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 12:54 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pea****93 View Post
Threefaces,

I believe that the reason for going to Showcase 1.0.1 was because Sprint/Arcsoft messaging was conflicting with Showcase 1.1.0 some how. I have never had a single lockup when using sMMS for my picture mail along with Showcase 1.1.0. Since you're on Sprint you should try out sMMS. You will need to removed Sprint Picture mail and not install Arcsoft MMS. He does want a small donation to get the full version but it is great. It intercepts the Picture Mail message so you can download it directly to sMMS.

Here is a link to his thread > http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=22509

pea****93
Yea...I'm not a huge Picture Mail dude, but this does look a lot like Arcsoft...although, I can't really tell how well it integrates with TouchFlo and threaded messaging. I'm trying to figure out what benefit, aside from being able to use Showcase 1.1, this would provide.

To me, reverting to the older version of Showcase was a decent option...the only real functionality lost was the ability to pop open the program by tap/holding the Start button [which is kinda cool]. I imagine this conflict/freeze issue will be addressed, but only time will tell...fix one thing, break another.

Definitely a cool alternative option. I'm going to read more into it....thanks for the recommendation!

rocka!