PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint PCS

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladed2 View Post
alright, managed to change the wallpaper on the home tab by shutting of touchflo and then turning it back on. but i wanna locate and replace the file that is used for the background in all tabs. anyone know where i can find that?

What you are trying to do is in the manilla im pretty sure.

i have found a solution for you, here it is
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ghlight=hdwall

they say it has been verified to be working with this version. good luck let us know how it comes out!

when you do it just make sure to use the correct resolution, or it might look wierd

EDIT: VERIFIED TO WORK PERFECTLY

Last edited by J.eremy; 08-10-2009 at 03:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

t1brewster is a n00b
Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.eremy View Post
If anyone is having the problem with the People Tab in landscape mode i cabbed up GenY's fix for the tab, here you go enjoy and let me know how it works for yah

It worked perfectly on my phone

No you will not lose the wallpaper these are just generic images.
Im trying to install the rom using these instructions still no luck, any suggestions?
1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there
Old 08-09-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

J.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuffJ.eremy knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to J.eremy Send a message via AIM to J.eremy Send a message via Yahoo to J.eremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1brewster View Post
Im trying to install the rom using these instructions still no luck, any suggestions?
1.download the ruu.zip attachment
2.unzip to your desktop
3.then in the newly created RUU directory add the rom of your choice - (copy the RUU_Signed.nbh to desktop\RUU)
4.Place phone in bootloader mode (power button while holding volume down button)
5.open the ROMUpdateUtility.exe
6.follow the RUU on screen instructions from there
did you unlock your phone?
if not go here its in the first post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

after you successfully unlocked your phone, all you have to do is run the Hermann_CustomRUU.exe that is in the .rar file you got from here
http://rapidshare.com/users/ZC1CBF

It will ask some questions and after that it will throw your phone into the bootloader and begin the update.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:10 AM
Lurker

t1brewster is a n00b

Quote:
did you unlock your phone?
if not go here its in the first post
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

after you successfully unlocked your phone, all you have to do is run the Hermann_CustomRUU.exe that is in the .rar file you got from here
http://rapidshare.com/users/ZC1CBF

It will ask some questions and after that it will throw your phone into the bootloader and begin the update.

there are 6 files there from the top down which one do i download? Also the error im getting is a "file open"
Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
there are 6 files there from the top down which one do i download? Also the error im getting is a "file open"
you gotta read man, the first post explains everything about which version you want. your most likely going to want the EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090806_Standard__Refried_at_3_1 9PM_.rar

you have to extract both files out of the rar file. The exe is the utility to flash it, and the other file is the actual rom.

im gonna ask again. did you unlock your phone?
Old 08-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Lurker

t1brewster is a n00b

Quote:
you gotta read man, the first post explains everything about which version you want. your most likely going to want the EnergyROM_HERMAN_20090806_Standard__Refried_at_3_1 9PM_.rar

you have to extract both files out of the rar file. The exe is the utility to flash it, and the other file is the actual rom.

im gonna ask again. did you unlock your phone?
I think i did. when the bootloader screen comes up it says security unlocked... im going to try this again i must be doing something wrong. I have been reading for hours and watching youtube videos nothing is working.
thanks for your help
Old 08-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch

jmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuffjmy72 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jmy72 Send a message via Yahoo to jmy72

has anyone had a problem with the HTC Weather Rhodium update working on this rom? This ROM Kicks @$$ other than the ever so small weather issue. I just would like to put my own cities in the weather tab. I can get neither the HTC Weather Rhodium update, or the Mein 1.1 to work on this rom. It's the first time I have run into this issue with this rom, so it must be due to manila 2.1 update, but I could be wrong.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
I think i did. when the bootloader screen comes up it says security unlocked... im going to try this again i must be doing something wrong. I have been reading for hours and watching youtube videos nothing is working.
thanks for your help
The unlock from my link above only has to be run once, it will look like a fast flash when it happens. Im pretty sure "Security Unlocked" shows up regardless of if its unlocked or not, im pretty sure it meens something completely dif than the unlocked we are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy72 View Post
has anyone had a problem with the HTC Weather Rhodium update working on this rom? This ROM Kicks @$$ other than the ever so small weather issue. I just would like to put my own cities in the weather tab. I can get neither the HTC Weather Rhodium update, or the Mein 1.1 to work on this rom. It's the first time I have run into this issue with this rom, so it must be due to manila 2.1 update, but I could be wrong.
The person that ported manilla 2.1 to vga suggests to try this method
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=523698

all the information and tweaks and fixes you could ever want are indexed in the original thread for the manilla thats in this rom located here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542113
Old 08-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
If anyone is having the problem with the People Tab in landscape mode i cabbed up GenY's fix for the tab, here you go enjoy and let me know how it works for yah

It worked perfectly on my phone

No you will not lose the wallpaper these are just generic images.
Still not working 100% but it's not your cab, this happened when I copied the manilla files too:
I get all the options to call mobile, office, home, etc but tapping the FIRST icon (Mobile on the contact I was testing) responds as if I've tapped the pic. All other options appear to work, just not the first one. Not a big deal but do you have any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Unhappy Re: |HERM|ROM|6.5|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Aurora' (23016) ** || Built 8/6th || Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Still not working 100% but it's not your cab, this happened when I copied the manilla files too:
I get all the options to call mobile, office, home, etc but tapping the FIRST icon (Mobile on the contact I was testing) responds as if I've tapped the pic. All other options appear to work, just not the first one. Not a big deal but do you have any suggestions?
I see exactly what your talking about. in portrait mode the little phone icons work perfectly, but in landscape the first icon, whatever it may be seems to be blocked by an invisible wall from the picture. if you look close you can see the picture press even tho you pressed the little phone icon. But all the other icons work fine.

Im completely clueless on how to fix that, it has to be in the lua scripting somewhere but im no expert, or even novice at editing that stuff

I would go and bring it up on the thread for the actual manilla, he created the first fix but must have missed something, i wonder if he even knows about it.

hey at least you can uninstall the cab now and bring it back to before the fix when he releases a new one without a hard reset!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro