PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!
Carrier: Sprint

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3shuggah View Post
New ROM soon...woot. Girlfriend is getting annoyed with my constant reloading of ROM's though, lol.
That makes 2 off us...mine complains all the time... when i loading new ROM...when i use it while driving (like it's dangerous playing with your phone while driving...right??!!!!)

Last edited by jp2307; 12-02-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2!!!!

jp2307 is keeping up the good workjp2307 is keeping up the good work
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

"Da_G drops the 28008" for TP????
Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
Phone Fusion is a PITA. It does work though.

Did you call Sprint and have them set the forwarding or dial *28(your number)? I did it this way and got it working fine and changed the VM number under phone settings to call this number instead.

VVM does have issues on the 2.5 roms. Works fine under 2.1. The issue seems to be HTC messaging client. If you disable the client under 2.5 and go with the WinMo client or arcsoft, it works the right way.

To remove and go back was *38 and change the vm number back. That way Sprint does not delete your vm and you can test and revert back, if needed.

QUOTE from ThreeFaces
Yea, my problem is getting the *38 to revert to my default voicemail. I'm not saying the program is complete garbage...I didn't personally like it and couldn't see a time savings in using it. Setting it up was cake...and yea, it plays much nicer with 2.1 because of the texting/notification element of the software. I can get around this in 2.5, as you said, by knocking out HTC messaging - but overall, I'd rather use the default VM.

I'm going to give it another whirl, maybe *38 will make nice with me...I definitely appreciate the feedback/information.

Thank you thank you.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
FWIW the NRG rom is a stock 12MB Dynamic Pagepool. I always set mine to 0 Dynamic and have not had any issues. Keep in mind that your device will use the same amount of RAM no matter what you do with the pagepool. The only thing the pagepool does is ALLOCATE or 'set aside' a portion of memory to be used. Standard Pagepool editor programs will not work on this rom. I always hexedit the .nbh file to change the PP.
What program do you use to hexedit the nbh file to change the PP?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Hello all...

I have seen it reported in this thread by multiple people but not seen a fix for MMS. I am no slouch but I cannot figure it out. No matter what I do, it still says "unable to send...". So far what I have tried is deleting all other servers in the server list except for Verizon (had to go into the registry to remove Sprint as it appeared to be the default...at least in the registry). Also, there was a line in the Registry which implied that it would default to the GSM setting and even had Verizon as the "ActiveGSM" key for MMS...most likely meaningless but still ironic. I edited/deleted these entries to point to or only leave the Verizon MMS server as an option for MMS setting. I am *intimately* familiar with everything Verizon, if you get my meaning, and am more than confident the settings are correct. Does anyone else with Verizon have an issue with MMS? Just FYI, I don't use MMS much so if your "fix" involves disabling th HTC MMS, installing Arcsoft, jumping up and down while waxing one off, then I will pass as it is not that serious for me...just perplexing. BTW, NRG, nice ROM. Coming from someone who has flashed ROMs since my 6700 over 3/4 years ago, this is some good shit. Keep up the good work!
Good to be back!!!!!!! 28005m2.5 is the top shizz...until 28006m2.5 drops! Been busy as ever lately and haven't had time to mess with my device and have not needed to, since the flash it has been FLAWLESS in my uses!

On Topic now....Bro on MMS......I have went to the gills with this issue as well. I run an Alltel TP on Verizon BUT I also had the same issue when still on Alltel. I tried multiple settngs changes and about any fix I could google up and nothing worked right. I was able to get it to work eventualy and it does on the newest 28005m2.5.... BUT only way is doing the MMS flashdance. HOWEVER I am a manila messaging fan and don't want it disabled just to get an occasional pic or pointless mms. I currently have HTC messaging still enabled and get MMS. I just have to go back to MS messaging to view and send them. I placed MS messaging as one of my 12 quicklinks (THANX to numskull). AGAIN.... Still had to do the dance of... pic mail remove cab,sr,alltel dcd carrier cab, sr, and then arcsoft alltel cab, sr. I rarely use MMS either but wanted to have it in case and wanted to see if my recent switch to Verizon affected which carrier or arcsoft cab I needed to use. So far so good still using Alltel gear. It is a bit o'hassle but it works for me since I get maybe 5-6 MMS a month and send even less. Just my 2c.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeFaces View Post
Yea, my problem is getting the *38 to revert to my default voicemail. I'm not saying the program is complete garbage...I didn't personally like it and couldn't see a time savings in using it. Setting it up was cake...and yea, it plays much nicer with 2.1 because of the texting/notification element of the software. I can get around this in 2.5, as you said, by knocking out HTC messaging - but overall, I'd rather use the default VM.

I'm going to give it another whirl, maybe *38 will make nice with me...I definitely appreciate the feedback/information.

Thank you thank you.
The program is crappy. Looking at their knowledge base, they state they are having issues with TP2 and 6.5. I know the Hero and Imagio have issues.

Why would a company use a separate audio player to listen to messages. They say that they are working on it.

You're welcome. I didn't find much info on VVM and 2.5 in the threads and had to do a lot of homework.

Anybody have a VVM app working on the 28005 2.5 ROM?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:46 PM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbolt View Post
The program is crappy. Looking at their knowledge base, they state they are having issues with TP2 and 6.5. I know the Hero and Imagio have issues.

Why would a company use a separate audio player to listen to messages. They say that they are working on it.

You're welcome. I didn't find much info on VVM and 2.5 in the threads and had to do a lot of homework.

Anybody have a VVM app working on the 28005 2.5 ROM?
Yea, I looked into it initially because of my girlfriends VVM on her flippin' Instinct...it's awesome. She gets a notification and it pulls up a quick screen where she can listen to the message right then...no phone calls, no need to open another program. It's fast and slick...and I wanted it.

My research stopped when I found out I'd be charged for the forwarding on Sprint's end. ...when the call forwarding policy changed, I grabbed up FusionVVM from the Marketplace. I just wasn't impressed.

I'm sure if you look into some of the pay software packages out there, you might find something. If I come across anthing, I'll def put it out for the community.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Thumbs up

TWEET TWEET.......

We may wait a little longer for our new ROMs now.......BUT it will be worth it!! 28008 is being cooked up for today!
Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddaddy84 View Post
OK, I posted a while back about not being able to send txt messages while roaming, well I still cant. But I did find something else out today. On my way to work when I went through the roaming zone, I tried to place a call only to get a message saying "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we are currently unable to authenticate your phone...." Any idea on this. I am on sprint btw, was just roaming on Verizon.

Thanks.
You need to have Sprint do an HLR reload. There is configuration on the phone switches that allows your phone to get authenticated. When roaming, some extra forwarding steps need to happen and sometimes it gets messed up. When they do an HLR reload, the tables get fixed and your services work again when you are roaming on a different carrier.

Just keep calling *2 and ask for technical support. Then ask them to do an HLR reload because your phone doesn't work while roaming. If you don't get someone who immediately knows what an HLR reload is, politely hang up, call back and repeat.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
LOL an HLR reload will not help since reloading the HLR, if you are even on an HLR, would only fix it if your issue was with Sprint. More than likely, you need have have Sprint do a roaming ticket and have them contact Verizon to clear up the issue. More likely a VLR issue. Oh, and the AKEY field is always blank. If needed Spint could give you a new AKEY to input but as soon as it was saved you wouldn't see it again....that field is hidden.
HLR reload is the most likely solution to the roaming problem OP described.

The VLR is temporary and automatically created from the HLR through a forwarding process. If the HLR is messed up, the VLR won't get created properly and your roaming services won't work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro