PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 05:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
Exactly. And I get the feeling that some people still try to use the Pagepool_changer.exe to change the PP of NRG roms. It wont work and most likely is the cause of some of the 'bugs' that people see since obviously changing a couple of hex characters of ANY file can have a tremendous effect.
Interesting....and good to know...
Old 12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

_sandman is keeping up the good work_sandman is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to _sandman
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
so....i'm guessing that nobody has an answer to the question i've asked a couple times, regarding the fact that when i delete messages, it goes to a deleted items folder, rather than just immediately chucking them (which is what i want).

anyone know where that setting is? the immediately erase completely setting?
which account type?

sms
email
outlook sync mail?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

impulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimpulse is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothydonohue View Post
so....i'm guessing that nobody has an answer to the question i've asked a couple times, regarding the fact that when i delete messages, it goes to a deleted items folder, rather than just immediately chucking them (which is what i want).

anyone know where that setting is? the immediately erase completely setting?
Go into messaging, then click menu-tools-options, then go to the storage tab. There should be a drop down box asking when to empty deleted messages. Change it from "on connect/disconnect" to "immediately"
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC
Carrier: Provider

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
Even if the VLR/HLR is screwed, VZW shouldn't be "trying" to authenticate the phone since it isn't even on it's switch.
When you roam on VZW they create a VLR for you on their system by forwarding a request to Sprint's HLR.

This is the message VZW gives when it is unable to properly update/create *its* VLR record from your phone's system HLR.

Sprint cannot directly tell VZW to update its VLR. They just do an HLR reload and all the VLRs get recreated as needed.

The most important thing for the OP is Sprint's tech support knows about HLR reload and can do it quickly.

Last edited by sfhub; 12-02-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff

So I have always noticed that on some ROMs its a pain to get the latest google app (Google Maps or Google Search or Youtube) because it doesn't recognize the phone as a compatible phone for whatever reason. Is there an easy way to get around this? I have somehow always managed to get the application using url injection from a desktop browser... but just curious if there is an easier way.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

BrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBrianBaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i see our chef is going back to opera 9.7..Is there any way to get opera 10 and make it the default browser that opens up from sense?

HTC EVO 4G
Old 12-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse View Post
Go into messaging, then click menu-tools-options, then go to the storage tab. There should be a drop down box asking when to empty deleted messages. Change it from "on connect/disconnect" to "immediately"
Tried and verified. =D>

David
Old 12-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBaker View Post
i see our chef is going back to opera 9.7..Is there any way to get opera 10 and make it the default browser that opens up from sense?
Search the attached files for the OM 10 cab. On older builds it set itself up as the default browser from the tab. I ASSUME it will do the same on the new build.

EDIT: If it doesnt do it automatically, we could just change the OM10 file names to the OM 9.7 file names that the system is looking for.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-02-2009 at 07:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

kilen is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to kilen

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Search the attached files for the OM 10 cab. On older builds it set itself up as the default browser from the tab. I ASSUME it will do the same on the new build.
Looks like Opera 10 Beta 2 is out:

http://www.wmexperts.com/opera-mobil...-now-available

Looks like you can now set it as the default browser. I just might have to give it a try...
EVO 4G > Sprint Hero > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Treo Pro > Sprint Touch Pro > Sprint Touch Diamond > Sprint Touch > AT&T Tilt > AT&T Blackjack II > Blackberry Pearl > Dell X51 > Dell X5 > HP iPaq > Palm IIIxe > Palm Pilot
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilen View Post
Looks like Opera 10 Beta 2 is out:

http://www.wmexperts.com/opera-mobil...-now-available

Looks like you can now set it as the default browser. I just might have to give it a try...
Sweet. Thanks. Someone posted it earlier but then deleted the post?
Direct download to PC here:
http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl...3&location=270
On your phone go here:
http://m.opera.com/mobile

EDIT: Ok NOW its a direct link, messed up the link while mobile.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 12-02-2009 at 09:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro