View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 01:31 PM
sfhub
PPCGeeks Regular

sfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsfhub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddaddy84 View Post
OK, I posted a while back about not being able to send txt messages while roaming, well I still cant. But I did find something else out today. On my way to work when I went through the roaming zone, I tried to place a call only to get a message saying "Welcome to Verizon Wireless, we are currently unable to authenticate your phone...." Any idea on this. I am on sprint btw, was just roaming on Verizon.

Thanks.
You need to have Sprint do an HLR reload. There is configuration on the phone switches that allows your phone to get authenticated. When roaming, some extra forwarding steps need to happen and sometimes it gets messed up. When they do an HLR reload, the tables get fixed and your services work again when you are roaming on a different carrier.

Just keep calling *2 and ask for technical support. Then ask them to do an HLR reload because your phone doesn't work while roaming. If you don't get someone who immediately knows what an HLR reload is, politely hang up, call back and repeat.
This post has been thanked 1 times.