PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

sha04 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

what media player do you guys use with this rom to play AVI files
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha04 View Post
I think TCMP player is what I'm rocking...it seems to open any file that won't play otherwise. Sometimes, I do need to go into the program and open a file type for it to launch, but otherwise, it works fine.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2

sha04 is a n00b

thanks man
Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuffdrdrewdown knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to drdrewdown Send a message via AIM to drdrewdown Send a message via MSN to drdrewdown Send a message via Yahoo to drdrewdown Send a message via Skype™ to drdrewdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by sha04 View Post
coreplayer ftw!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

the-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regularthe-wrangler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to the-wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
coreplayer ftw!
lol agreed, im runnin coreplayer
Old 12-02-2009, 11:39 AM
ThreeFaces

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdrewdown View Post
coreplayer ftw!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the-wrangler View Post
lol agreed, im runnin coreplayer
...touche.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC 6850

ACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularACoolGuy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

FWIW the NRG rom is a stock 12MB Dynamic Pagepool. I always set mine to 0 Dynamic and have not had any issues. Keep in mind that your device will use the same amount of RAM no matter what you do with the pagepool. The only thing the pagepool does is ALLOCATE or 'set aside' a portion of memory to be used. Standard Pagepool editor programs will not work on this rom. I always hexedit the .nbh file to change the PP.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

M3shuggah is becoming a great contributor

New ROM soon...woot. Girlfriend is getting annoyed with my constant reloading of ROM's though, lol.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
WINMO... Question for you. What is the benefit to changing the page pool size to 32 or even to 64? Are there any reasons NOT to do this? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Honestly Bro, I'm not positive. Just something I've never looked into. I've always left it alone. As I understand it, and it's a limited understanding, we Sprint users should be good with it to set to the default settings. The supposed benefit can be speed and the gain of some RAM but at the potential cost of stability.
I think some Verizon users mess with it since they need all the help they can get.
I've talked out of my butt enough, if someone more knowledgable on the subject would care to weigh in I'd apprecitate the schooling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Thanks for the quick reply... I found the same thing from my few minutes of googling it. But I figured I'd as someone with way more knowledge than I have. If anyone else has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it. I just set a new ROM to 64 and am going to give it a whirl. Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
FWIW the NRG rom is a stock 12MB Dynamic Pagepool. I always set mine to 0 Dynamic and have not had any issues. Keep in mind that your device will use the same amount of RAM no matter what you do with the pagepool. The only thing the pagepool does is ALLOCATE or 'set aside' a portion of memory to be used. Standard Pagepool editor programs will not work on this rom. I always hexedit the .nbh file to change the PP.
Here's the dealeo... If you are on a 6.5 Native Kernel ROM and on a non gimped TP the best PP setting is 0 (ZERO) that makes it dynamic. If it is set to anything other than 0 it is not dynamic. VZW users should stick to between 8-12 which is where NRGZ defaults it, I believe. There was some question a while back if the PP changer even worked on some ROM's and I don't have an answer for that as I never have changed it. I always cook mine in at 0.
2C

NRGZ drops the 28006 and Da_G drops the 28008. I guess that's what keeps us all up at night.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good workgregbolt is keeping up the good work

Phone Fusion is a PITA. It does work though.

Did you call Sprint and have them set the forwarding or dial *28(your number)? I did it this way and got it working fine and changed the VM number under phone settings to call this number instead.

VVM does have issues on the 2.5 roms. Works fine under 2.1. The issue seems to be HTC messaging client. If you disable the client under 2.5 and go with the WinMo client or arcsoft, it works the right way.

To remove and go back was *38 and change the vm number back. That way Sprint does not delete your vm and you can test and revert back, if needed.

QUOTE from ThreeFaces
Quote:
I was going to post to warn people against setting this up...I kinda want to put my device through a wall with this software. It works..."ok", so I figured I would uninstall and revert back to standard voicemail, since I did NOT see a difference/time savings between calling into my voicemail from the notification, and clicking into a visual voicemail program through a notification to launch an audio player to play my voicemail.

Uninstalling has proven to be a major P in the A and I've been dealing with it fora few weeks now. I had to call Sprint customer service to try and get the call forwarding changed and they weren't able to do it over the air.

What's worse is the Fusion voicemail system uses text messages to alert you of new voicemail. These notifications worked for the first install, but did not survive flashes. It could be a conflict with this ROM, but my ultimate conclusion is that even if it was working great, it's a terrible piece of software.

What really kills me if you deactivate the software and cannot restore your default voicemail, callers get a message saying that your number is not in service.

I would not recommend installing Fusion VVM.

Last edited by gregbolt; 12-02-2009 at 12:09 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro