View Single Post
Old 12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
ahuskins
VIP Member

ahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIPahuskins is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.3|WWE| * EnergyROM 'Phoenix 2' (28005/21877) |Nov27| Sense 2.1 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
WINMO... Question for you. What is the benefit to changing the page pool size to 32 or even to 64? Are there any reasons NOT to do this? Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Honestly Bro, I'm not positive. Just something I've never looked into. I've always left it alone. As I understand it, and it's a limited understanding, we Sprint users should be good with it to set to the default settings. The supposed benefit can be speed and the gain of some RAM but at the potential cost of stability.
I think some Verizon users mess with it since they need all the help they can get.
I've talked out of my butt enough, if someone more knowledgable on the subject would care to weigh in I'd apprecitate the schooling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMayo View Post
Thanks for the quick reply... I found the same thing from my few minutes of googling it. But I figured I'd as someone with way more knowledge than I have. If anyone else has any thoughts, I'd appreciate it. I just set a new ROM to 64 and am going to give it a whirl. Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACoolGuy View Post
FWIW the NRG rom is a stock 12MB Dynamic Pagepool. I always set mine to 0 Dynamic and have not had any issues. Keep in mind that your device will use the same amount of RAM no matter what you do with the pagepool. The only thing the pagepool does is ALLOCATE or 'set aside' a portion of memory to be used. Standard Pagepool editor programs will not work on this rom. I always hexedit the .nbh file to change the PP.
Here's the dealeo... If you are on a 6.5 Native Kernel ROM and on a non gimped TP the best PP setting is 0 (ZERO) that makes it dynamic. If it is set to anything other than 0 it is not dynamic. VZW users should stick to between 8-12 which is where NRGZ defaults it, I believe. There was some question a while back if the PP changer even worked on some ROM's and I don't have an answer for that as I never have changed it. I always cook mine in at 0.
2C

NRGZ drops the 28006 and Da_G drops the 28008. I guess that's what keeps us all up at night.