PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

What is the CORRECT version of Arcsoft to use for an Alltel TP?

5.0.69.44?
5.0.71.33?
5.2.XX.XX?

I've done all the steps up to running that cab, but I want to make sure I get it right, because it seems that if I try and redo the process it won't uninstall anything, like the Removal cab or the previous version of Arcsoft. I always get that "couldn't remove the previous version, do you want to continue with install" message. So I want to make sure I do it the proven way the first time, even though that's what I think I did last time I hard reset...
Old 10-29-2009, 02:55 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
I know, I've done all that three or four times, with different versions of Arcsoft AND different versions of dcd cab, which apparently has to work for Alltel users. Thanks though.

I'm finishing my flash dance now, and attempting this one more time...

using: Arcsoft 5.0.69.44 and dcd Alltel 20081031
Those are the cabs I am using with no issues. I don't send/receive many mms but I have never gotten an error yet so fingers crossed pounding on the wooden desk I am! I realy don't know what the issue is. I however never set up MMS on 21864 I only played with it for a few hours though. I am running the 23081 currently with no MMS issues, ran the 9/5,9/6, 9/20(v1&2) & 10/14 with no probs either using the cabs and method of install I stated previously.

If it makes you feel better I seem to be the only person who's "my location" only works when I am roaming.......no matter what I try!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
You can PS without paying but the demo will pop up a message every now and then.
Full version is better and allows updates.
Thanks bro. Hadn't checked yet figured the demo would give you so many days before it locked me out. I planned on trying the demo out first anyways to see if it is for me aso thats even better. S2U2 is working for now but I have had it since one of the early releases and frankly no matter what I try it's too familiar and I want something new! gonna check it out right now!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

legend11 is a n00b

Old 10-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

5.0.69.44?
5.0.71.33?
5.2.XX.XX?

I've done all the steps up to running that cab, but I want to make sure I get it right, because it seems that if I try and redo the process it won't uninstall anything, like the Removal cab or the previous version of Arcsoft. I always get that "couldn't remove the previous version, do you want to continue with install" message. So I want to make sure I do it the proven way the first time, even though that's what I think I did last time I hard reset...
Hope you get it Bro. That is even MORE strange that you are getting troubles on 21864 The Stable Build. (Though now that we have a fix 23081 is glorius!) Hopefully this wont matter because you're gonna get it this time but for future reference-when reinstalling programs and getting the "Cant remove/continue anyway" message, what I'VE found is that it actually DOES uninstall the old program WITHOUT installing the new so I had to install again. Not everytime but can you see how that could cause you to miss a step in this process? Especially with the uninstall cab that can't be verified easily afaik. Just thought I'd mention....fingers crossed.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:32 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:

5.0.69.44?
5.0.71.33?
5.2.XX.XX?

I have had noprobs with the 5.0.69.44, when i ran the newer versions I had issues with sending, went back to the prev mentioned build and troubles went away.

One thing I have found, common w/ taskbars esp, is that when trying to remove it you get that "unable to completely remove blah blah.." is that when you try to remove it it says "unable to remove would you like to remove it from the list anyway" I say no, then go back and attempt to load the SAME cab, then you get the "unable to completely remove do you want to install anyway" then hit I yes, let it run and then soft reset when it says it is done. This seems to remove the program alltogether like you were trying to do in step 1. i have even read tb makers and other ap cab makers tell users exactly these steps for removing a cab that doesn't want to leave the list. this is kinda why I figured you may need just a hard reset to clear up any false removals or what not. But if you have hard reset then did the MMS jig in order and not skipping soft resets then I , other than saying maybe a flash dance is in order????
Old 10-29-2009, 03:50 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whotahn View Post
I have had noprobs with the 5.0.69.44, when i ran the newer versions I had issues with sending, went back to the prev mentioned build and troubles went away.

One thing I have found, common w/ taskbars esp, is that when trying to remove it you get that "unable to completely remove blah blah.." is that when you try to remove it it says "unable to remove would you like to remove it from the list anyway" I say no, then go back and attempt to load the SAME cab, then you get the "unable to completely remove do you want to install anyway" then hit I yes, let it run and then soft reset when it says it is done. This seems to remove the program alltogether like you were trying to do in step 1. i have even read tb makers and other ap cab makers tell users exactly these steps for removing a cab that doesn't want to leave the list. this is kinda why I figured you may need just a hard reset to clear up any false removals or what not. But if you have hard reset then did the MMS jig in order and not skipping soft resets then I , other than saying maybe a flash dance is in order????
That is correct.
If something says it can not be removed just hit YES to install again.
What it does is un-install when it says installing.
You will have to install it again after that if you want it back.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Spazmatic is a n00b

When texting, using the ctrl key on my qwerty keyboard does not allow me to insert things like "?" into the box. I have to use shift, which is unnatural..

Weird.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO

adiehlman is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to adiehlman Send a message via AIM to adiehlman Send a message via MSN to adiehlman Send a message via Yahoo to adiehlman Send a message via Skype™ to adiehlman

Thank You so much for your Hard work guys. What is this on the 28th mod?

RHODIUM DIALER TEST
Old 10-29-2009, 04:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

djlilmikeny is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazmatic View Post
When texting, using the ctrl key on my qwerty keyboard does not allow me to insert things like "?" into the box. I have to use shift, which is unnatural..

Weird.

see if this works...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1256238031
Old 10-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiehlman View Post
Thank You so much for your Hard work guys. What is this on the 28th mod?

RHODIUM DIALER TEST
nrgz is cooking with the Rhodium dialer and put out a call yesterday for Beta testers, so I assume that is the Beta.

Edit: btw-he was looking for immediate feedback yesterday. I dont want to start a frenzy

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-29-2009 at 05:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro