PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

BFL555 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

It runs, but can not make or recieve any call or do anything on a network....it simply does not see your network and keep refering to SIM card (GSM). I just followed your instructions on install part to get it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83 View Post
Okay thanks to all of you who messaged about testing the Android OS for me to see if you are able to make or receive calls. Here are the instructions. Okay I did most of the work as far as the startup text and the rootfs and zimages and they are all attached. What you are going to do is download and unzip this file onto your computer. If it doesnt work the first time just keep trying because the site has been messing up but eventually you will get it.

http://connect-utb.com/index.php?opt...-htc-touch-pro

Then you are going to download the files Ive attached and you are going to replace the files in the download from the link above with the files Ive attached. which should be the rootfs.img and the startup text. and the zimage. After you have replaced the ones already in the folder with the ones Ive attached Then move the folder onto the root of your 'MEMORY CARD'. Once you have done this...you are going to copy all the files in the folder. Not FOLDERS but all the FILES. Things that end in .img or .conf. All the files that look like those type of files copy them to the root of your memory card. There should be 9 all together that you are going to copy and paste onto the ROOT OF YOUR MEMORY CARD. After you have copied these...open the folder that contained all of these and run the icon called HARET....now wait about 2 or 3 minutes and your phone should run the linux which is already included and then it will buzz twice...run through something that looks like command prompt. and then the Android OS will start up. NOTE: Your phone should be charging while this is taking place. Ive ran it without the charger but it runs faster while plugged up. Wait for the OS to start and then follow the prompts to get it started. Please post or message me with the details on weather you are able to use your phone like normal. I have not been able to test anything other than the interface itself and it is running nicely. I just dont know if I can call or text being that my phone isnt active. Please let me know how this works for you. I am very interested to know if you can call or even text. Remember a soft reset will bring your phone back to the windows mobile interface you had before. And then just running the HARET icon will take you the Android OS. Also I have not found a fix in order to play sounds. Im not sure if sound even works. I am more concerned about being able to text or call someone as of now.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:31 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Just a friendly reminder-this is the ENERGY ROM THREAD not the RUN ANDROID ON YOUR TP THREAD. If we could please make comments and questions via PM that would sure be swell.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Just a friendly reminder-this is the ENERGY ROM THREAD not the RUN ANDROID ON YOUR TP THREAD. If we could please make comments and questions via PM that would sure be swell.
Yeah, how did this get in here? It should really be it's own thread.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtology View Post
COUGH COUGH...ok.. perhaps you were all too busy with other issues and missed my desperate plea for help. So I'll ask you all again.

How do I add the blinking recharging taskbar icon that was in the previous build?
Did you try searching both this thread as well as the forum for "blinking battery"? I know I found the cab that fixes that in this thread. If you can't find it after searching, pm me and I can post it once I'm home tonight.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:17 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

TheDude1120 is keeping up the good workTheDude1120 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Yeah Bro that did happen with an old version. 3.1 works just fine.

OK, if you have no data just off of flash without installing any programs and your bottom task bar is messed up without an X then I'd say you need to flash to stock, hard reset, flash energy, hard reset. soft or hard resetting the same ROM wont help. The stock flashdance should rewrite all data to the correct place and help with those issues.
Icons-did you search my posts? I made one last night/this AM that murducky quoted a few pages ago. The one I like the best is from bilbobrian over at xda. Hope that helps. Google=good.
not tryna be an a$$hole...but dude i searched ur post...u have entirely too many for me to distinguish which one has the cab in it...cuz i just searched for your name and its a whoooooooooooooooooooooooole bunch ish...cant u just like me PLEAASSSE lol?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:19 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Yeah Winmonewbie is true. If all of you who are interested in trying out the Android OS on your TP I will be starting my own thread for this. Lets keep this NRG only. Sorry guys.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, HTC HD2
Carrier: Etisalat

cmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIPcmajewsk is a VIP

Quote:
Yeah Winmonewbie is true. If all of you who are interested in trying out the Android OS on your TP I will be starting my own thread for this. Lets keep this NRG only. Sorry guys.
Thanks...looking forward to it!
Old 10-28-2009, 11:34 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Here is the link for the thread. Anyone willing to help out and try and get this fully functional is more than welcome to help. I will give you everything I have.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...28#post1271728

Again I apologize to all of the NRG fans..(including myself) for the random post. I just never started my own thread and so it never crossed my mind. SoooooOOOooo Thanks to winmonewbie that was possible. So thank you all and I apologize to you all again.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:41 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude1120 View Post
not tryna be an a$$hole...but dude i searched ur post...u have entirely too many for me to distinguish which one has the cab in it...cuz i just searched for your name and its a whoooooooooooooooooooooooole bunch ish...cant u just like me PLEAASSSE lol?
Sorry Bro. Didnt mean to make it so hard on you. Click the link in my sig for the attached files. Scroll down to CDMA bilbobrian taskbar. It's there.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks bro

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro