PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootlinux View Post
Awesome.
Hope it works for you.
ya... it didn't... any other advice? check my 2nd edit on my previous posts to see what happened. I'm borderline pissed!

EDIT: soft reset... the setup for a MMS changed back to what I'm used to, it'll act like it sends but now says "Delivery Failure" again. Even have different MMS notification icons now. WTF!?!?

Last edited by vestaviajag; 10-29-2009 at 02:23 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:28 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE
Carrier: Sprint

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Ok, did you try different versions of Acrsoft?
Some allow for edits for the servers and some do not.
Try to find an older one and see if it will work.

Look for one that has settings for all the major carriers.
Can't remember the version numbers off the top of my head.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:40 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
I'm sure after I "settle" on either 10-25 21864, 10-15 23016, or 8-11 23016 which is my favourite I'll do the proverbial flashdance and really lock-it-in so to speak but I was suprised that I never picked up any FTD's (flashing, transmitted, diseases) HA! while I was flashing around testing roms and sashimi out all at the same time.
Dude that is STRONG "The Stock Flashdance will cure your FTD's"-BenS If you dont put that in your sig, it's going in mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
ya... it didn't... any other advice? check my 2nd edit on my previous posts to see what happened. I'm borderline pissed!

EDIT: soft reset... the setup for a MMS changed back to what I'm used to, it'll act like it sends but now says "Delivery Failure" again. Even have different MMS notification icons now. WTF!?!?
Dude I'm out! I made a few Hail Mary suggestions one page back. Go with root's suggestion and see if that's it.
If all else fails then, start over. Final Hail Mary. I know it sucks but something aint kosher. . I hate to say it but maybe a hard reset and starting the MMS dance over will do it. Good luck.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Dude that is STRONG "The Stock Flashdance will cure your FTD's"-BenS If you dont put that in your sig, it's going in mine

Dude I'm out! I made a few Hail Mary suggestions one page back. Go with root's suggestion and see if that's it.
If all else fails then, start over. Final Hail Mary. I know it sucks but something aint kosher. . I hate to say it but maybe a hard reset and starting the MMS dance over will do it. Good luck.
thanks for you help, both of yall. I'm too tired now and frustrated, give it another shot tomorrow. thanks again
Old 10-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post

You can have it but quote me just for me!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2(RHOD400)

mrobiwan is a n00b

First of all, thanks to the author for his hard work on these ROMs which have enhanced my touch pro experience for many months.

However, 23081 is showing me no love. It breaks consistently once I enable a simple pin lock with one minute lock interval. Seems to run fine until I enable a lock then it gets really unstable and won't even come up 100% of the time after a soft reset. A hard reset or device wipe seems to be the only recourse because I can't even get back into the lock settings screen to disable the lock once the instability starts. I've reflashed with same results. Anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited by mrobiwan; 10-29-2009 at 03:41 AM. Reason: typed wrong build version
Old 10-29-2009, 05:22 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobiwan View Post
First of all, thanks to the author for his hard work on these ROMs which have enhanced my touch pro experience for many months.

However, 23081 is showing me no love. It breaks consistently once I enable a simple pin lock with one minute lock interval. Seems to run fine until I enable a lock then it gets really unstable and won't even come up 100% of the time after a soft reset. A hard reset or device wipe seems to be the only recourse because I can't even get back into the lock settings screen to disable the lock once the instability starts. I've reflashed with same results. Anyone else experiencing this?
I never use MS lock.
Have you tried S2U2 or my fav PocketShield?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post

Holy bat crap Robin! Alltel TPs are tempermental but IDK where to start realy bro. I am now a Verizon customer ,OUCH, but I just got switched over and my TP is an Alltel model. I never received an error code or options menu or what not sending. When I had the issue with receiving only back on the 8/11 ROM my TP would act like it was receiving by establishing data connection but that was it nothing would come through. It has been smooth sailing ever since I went with the MMS Set up jig mentioned by winmo and others. I never even have to change the settings under the server settings tab when I am done. I do not run any of these cabs through Sashimi or UC. I have ran them before and after running sashimi after flashes just to see if I could get a hiccup and it hasn't affected it. I run the removal cab, soft reset, dcd 103108, soft reset, arcsoft, soft reset. After that I am golden.One weird side issue I have (any custom ROM) is I don't get MMS alerts and the icons are not the mms icons for the custom taskbar I am sportin. I am sure this is somehow related to arcsoft(?), but is the least of my worries. I am staring at my TP enough I don't have to have an alert tone or fancy icon, I am happy to receive and send.

I would now recc a hard reset. After installing and uninstalling everything it may have just hiccupped on some file writing. A hard reset would clear all of that out so you can start fresh. If you don't want to do that, soft reset, make sure you uninstall these cabs in the /settings/system settings/remove programs, soft resets between each, then run cleanram (new release is pretty new) on the high setting, then do the MMS set up jig and see what happens. Sorry our recs haven't worked yet don't recall an Alltel tp ever having this much trouble, but as I said alltel tps are tempermental fo sho. Good Luck bro.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrobiwan View Post

I have been rollin with the WM lock....it sucks, way unstable. I installed the wm lock contrl cab and had it set to lock when the device went to sleep. Worked great for a week then just quit and manu locking isn't user friendly when it works even. I don't go with key codes or anything so can't atest to this issue exactly. Gonna try pocketshield, s2u2 is alright but people rave about ps and it's not a freebie.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO

glenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good workglenwill is keeping up the good work

Love this ROM!! Thanks. I'm fairly new to ROM upgrades, but this went without a hitch.

Like a few others I had some issues with GPS initially. Any program I started would get an initial GPS connection, then it would lose the connection and I could not get it back without a soft-reset. Sometimes accessing the GPS would cause an unexpected soft-reset.

Updating the radio seemed to do the trick. I started with 1.03.15F. Replacing with 1.11.00F R did not help, and seemed to hurt my reception. I then went to 1.12.34F, and my reception is fine, and GPS is working great in all programs.

Thanks again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro