View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Whotahn
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
ya... it didn't... any other advice? check my 2nd edit on my previous posts to see what happened. I'm borderline pissed!

EDIT: soft reset... the setup for a MMS changed back to what I'm used to, it'll act like it sends but now says "Delivery Failure" again. Even have different MMS notification icons now. WTF!?!?
Holy bat crap Robin! Alltel TPs are tempermental but IDK where to start realy bro. I am now a Verizon customer ,OUCH, but I just got switched over and my TP is an Alltel model. I never received an error code or options menu or what not sending. When I had the issue with receiving only back on the 8/11 ROM my TP would act like it was receiving by establishing data connection but that was it nothing would come through. It has been smooth sailing ever since I went with the MMS Set up jig mentioned by winmo and others. I never even have to change the settings under the server settings tab when I am done. I do not run any of these cabs through Sashimi or UC. I have ran them before and after running sashimi after flashes just to see if I could get a hiccup and it hasn't affected it. I run the removal cab, soft reset, dcd 103108, soft reset, arcsoft, soft reset. After that I am golden.One weird side issue I have (any custom ROM) is I don't get MMS alerts and the icons are not the mms icons for the custom taskbar I am sportin. I am sure this is somehow related to arcsoft(?), but is the least of my worries. I am staring at my TP enough I don't have to have an alert tone or fancy icon, I am happy to receive and send.

I would now recc a hard reset. After installing and uninstalling everything it may have just hiccupped on some file writing. A hard reset would clear all of that out so you can start fresh. If you don't want to do that, soft reset, make sure you uninstall these cabs in the /settings/system settings/remove programs, soft resets between each, then run cleanram (new release is pretty new) on the high setting, then do the MMS set up jig and see what happens. Sorry our recs haven't worked yet don't recall an Alltel tp ever having this much trouble, but as I said alltel tps are tempermental fo sho. Good Luck bro.