PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Kyocera 7135 < Blackberry 8250 < 6700 < 6800 < 6850
Carrier: Alltel

vestaviajag is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to vestaviajag
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
The basic formula for everybody is run the uninstall MMS cab, soft reset, run Arcsoft, soft reset, Apparently you Alltellesrs need specific DCD cab from Oct08 to get things rollin'
Click the thread attachment link in my sig, it's all in there, pretty sure even the DCD cab.

Edit: Here's whotahn on the issue:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...ostcount=13679
I've done this. Run removal cab, soft reset, run dcd alltel cab from 2008, soft reset, and then installed Arcsoft 5.0

Is there a different way to do it, or is this the way to do it and it's just not working for me?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: |H|ROM|6.5.1|WWE| ** EnergyROM 'Photon' (23081/21864) ** | Oct 25th | Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vestaviajag View Post
I've done this. Run removal cab, soft reset, run dcd alltel cab from 2008, soft reset, and then installed Arcsoft 5.0

Is there a different way to do it, or is this the way to do it and it's just not working for me?
You probably did, but you do need one more soft reset after Acrsoft install, could that be it? There are two different Alltell 5.0.xxxx Arcsoft cabs in the attached files, did you try them both (SR after)?
Old 10-29-2009, 12:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
You probably did, but you do need one more soft reset after Acrsoft install, could that be it? There are two different Alltell 5.0.xxxx Arcsoft cabs in the attached files, did you try them both (SR after)?
I did SR just for good measure. The one I tried was 5.0.69.44

I'll look for the other and try that. I can receive MMS, just won't send them. It always says "Delivery Failure", after about 30 seconds of trying to send. Aren't there like diff settings and stuff?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Great ROM's once again. The whole series of Photon ROM's have been excellent. I only had one set back with any of them and that was the 23071 titanium. I had it all "customized" and then the last soft reset cycled and my bottom taskbar had gone white while losing the windows flag start menu. So I flashed to the 10-15 Titanium release and it was flawless yet again. I worked out the sashimi and flashing from the SD card thing where loading my cutomizations became a BREEZE. After this was all sorted out on my end I started working out all the ROMS that you curently released. '071 & '081 were neat to work with after I realized it was a wait cursor I was loading that screwed up the bottom taskbar. I feel the 21864 ROM is more polished, which vary well may be, because I'm trained on the taskbar being at the top. It seems cumbersome to work on some of the "finger friendly" menus. Graphically it's cool to see the direction MS is going they just need to get some "cool" about what they're designing. However as you can tell I have digressed. I have always flashed my ROM in the "flashdance" method until flashing from the sd card and utilizing sashimi recently, like last few days recently, and not once have I flashed back to stock or done additional hard resetting and my device performs exactly in the same manner as if I had done the flashdance method. Absolutley perfectly and in the same manner without any inadvertant hard resetting/freezing/soft-resetting, quick and and accurate GPS location from live search, sprintnav, google maps, or any dialer (Tachi) or data hiccups. So I guess I'm not sure if what I'm telling you is that the flashdance might just be overrated or that NRGZ28 is so badass that the doing all that extra flashing is a waste of time when using his ROM's. I've read every post in this thread and I know that somewhere NRGZ said that he doesn't believe or do the extra flashing.

Last edited by BenS; 10-29-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

just tried to install Arcsoft 5.0.71.33 ... no luck, same crap. Will receive pics, won't send. Still says "Delivery Failure"

Any other ideas?
Old 10-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenS View Post
Great ROM's once again. The whole series of Photon ROM's have been excellent. I only had one set back with any of them and that was the 23071 titanium. I had it all "customized" and then the last soft reset cycled and my bottom taskbar had gone white while losing the windows flag start menu. So I flashed to the 10-15 Titanium release and it was flawless yet again. I worked out the sashimi and flashing from the SD card thing where loading my cutomizations became a BREEZE. After this was all sorted out on my end I started working out all the ROMS that you curently released. '071 & '081 were neat to work with after I realized it was a wait cursor I was loading that screwed up the bottom taskbar. I feel the 21864 ROM is more polished, which vary well may be, because I'm trained on the taskbar being at the top. It seems cumbersome to work on some of the "finger friendly" menus. Graphically it's cool to see the direction MS is going they just need to get some "cool" about what they're designing. However as you can tell I have digressed. I have always flashed my ROM in the "flashdance" method until flashing from the sd card and utilizing sashimi recently, like last few days recently, and not once have I flashed back to stock or done additional hard resetting and my device performs exactly in the same manner as if I had done the flashdance method. Absolutley perfectly and in the same manner without any inadvertant hard resetting/freezing/soft-resetting, quick and and accurate GPS location from live search, sprintnav, google maps, or any dialer (Tachi) or data hiccups. So I guess I'm not sure if what I'm telling you is that the flashdance might just be overrated or that NRGZ28 is so badass that the doing all that extra flashing is a waste of time when using his ROM's. I've read every post in this thread and I know that somewhere NRGZ said that he doesn't believe or do the extra flashing.
Awesome Dude! Thanks for the info. Glad you are rocking the ROM so well! The stock flashdance has become a lot more prevalent. Probably suggested too often actually (I've done it). It IS backed by the Chef as a means of correcting problems, I've read posts of his where he 1) explains why/how it works and 2) suggests it in response to a user posting "problems". Now I dont know if he promotes the process as a preventative measure but to me I like doing it so I start the ROM with a clean slate. That's just how I roll I could see skipping the process for a new ROM with minimal changes from the previous build but for major changes build to build (21xxx to 23xxx builds) I'm Stock Flash Dancing Baby!
IMO, despite nrgz being the baddest of the badasses, he cant control how the files get written when we flash (afaik. But it wouldnt surprise me if he was working on that too ) The files being written to the wrong location is why we sometimes get headaches with the ROM and doing the dance will usually correct those mistakes. It's beyond my paygrade for a more technical explation than that.
I'm with you Bro, this build is solid, smokin' and sexy!! How he keeps one upping himself I'll never know.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:54 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
just tried to install Arcsoft 5.0.71.33 ... no luck, same crap. Will receive pics, won't send. Still says "Delivery Failure"

Any other ideas?
One more time -your dcd cab is from 10/30 or 31/08, right?
If so, go to your SMS/MMS inbox-Menu-scroll down to MMS options at the bottom-hit Servers and see what it says. It should say Alltell (or maybe Verizon?)

If it doesnt say Alltell (or even if it does) you could try theses settings:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...34&postcount=6
If it's still not working, I'd update your Data Profile/PRL/PRI. If not resolved then I'd go with what the users said in that thread I linked said about calling Alltell and tell them your issue. They may just update your Data etc but dont know what else to do. Good luck.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-29-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch==>Touch Pro==>EVO

BenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBenS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm sure after I "settle" on either 10-25 21864, 10-15 23016, or 8-11 23016 which is my favourite I'll do the proverbial flashdance and really lock-it-in so to speak but I was suprised that I never picked up any FTD's (flashing, transmitted, diseases) HA! while I was flashing around testing roms and sashimi out all at the same time.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
One more time -your dcd cab is from 10/30 or 31/08, right?
If so, go to your SMS/MMS inbox-Menu-scroll down to MMS options at the bottom-hit Servers and see what it says. It should say Alltell (or maybe Verizon?)
Yes, my dcd Alltel cab is 20081031... but I don't see the MMS options. I'm used to those options where you can edit the port and the servers and all that jazz, but I haven't seen those options since switching to NRGz ROMs earlier this summer...

EDIT: I just did the whole process for the third time tonight, and all of a sudden, I see the MMS options... testing to see if it works finally.

EDIT (2): It sets up a MMS differently then what I've been seeing, but when I try to send, it says "Cannot reconize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the msg anyway?", if I say yes, it says "Outlook E-mail, IMAP4, and POP3 email accounts cannot be used to send text messages" What should I do now?

Last edited by vestaviajag; 10-29-2009 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:19 AM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Yes, my dcd Alltel cab is 20081031... but I don't see the MMS options. I'm used to those options where you can edit the port and the servers and all that jazz, but I haven't seen those options since switching to NRGz ROMs earlier this summer...

EDIT: I just did the whole process for the third time tonight, and all of a sudden, I see the MMS options... testing to see if it works finally.

EDIT (2): It sets up a MMS differently then what I've been seeing, but when I try to send, it says "Cannot reconize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the msg anyway?", if I say yes, it says "Outlook E-mail, IMAP4, and POP3 email accounts cannot be used to send text messages" What should I do now?
Awesome.
Hope it works for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development

Tags
sprint, touch pro