PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 12:09 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
This is cool. When do you think we'll be able to get this?
Thanks! I am waiting to hear from Rico about Landscape, If he wants to make his own to go with the themes, then i will just let you guys use his, but I will know soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
it doesn't appear most of the MightyMike followers don't use or don't quite like the GPS. It's your ROM; thereby your world, but no way to make that a cab install? There are alot more programs that would receive more "props" that people would vote for, but i thought personal requests were being left out. Part of the reason i've stayed with 4.11. #1 it's the best one so far to me, and #2, i'm not really crazy with the GPS stuff.

just my thoughts...figured a cab install like everything else would work. But on the other thand..a cab install with this program might not.
Its not just GPS, and given the right situation every single person on here would use it...
It is a tracker, so its not like it is going to be used all of the time anyway, but whatever Mike picks i am sure will work for everyone..
The reason to have it cooked into the ROM is for security reasons, if your phone gets stolen, you can track it pretty much no matter what...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:28 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)
Carrier: Sprint

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
it doesn't appear most of the MightyMike followers don't use or don't quite like the GPS. It's your ROM; thereby your world, but no way to make that a cab install? There are alot more programs that would receive more "props" that people would vote for, but i thought personal requests were being left out. Part of the reason i've stayed with 4.11. #1 it's the best one so far to me, and #2, i'm not really crazy with the GPS stuff.

just my thoughts...figured a cab install like everything else would work. But on the other thand..a cab install with this program might not.
Cab install works with both nue and Smart... I was not requesting any personal choice but just stated the preferences on behaviour of the program that will be chosen.

Whole purpose of the tracker software will be lost if teh finder/thief is able to do a hard reset and get rid of my settings on the tracking software, i.e, my email address or wish to be notified by SMS... so I am sure I am not asking for personal flavor favor, but just the point that, whatever is chosen
1. Is running automatically in stealth mode
2. Is cooked in ROM rock solid so that a hard reset (with / without SD card) will not disable my ability to track my phone..

As someone just pointed out this is not GPS software, but tracking your phone with the inbuilt GPS, in case it is stolen/lost and you want to track it down.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymike View Post
I'm still undecided on what GPS software package to use. I'm going to try out NueGPSSecurity to see how that works out.

As for the start menu, I prefer it small. The Enlarge menu is A) Slow and B) Way too big. I don't know why people even use it. The small one is finger friendly enough to begin with.

Thanks - whatever you choose will be ok with me, just keep running it stealth by default

Do you know if the Start menu can have more than just lame 7 shortcuts ? I would love to kep it small font if I could use that space...
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Thanks! I am waiting to hear from Rico about Landscape, If he wants to make his own to go with the themes, then i will just let you guys use his, but I will know soon!

Its not just GPS, and given the right situation every single person on here would use it...
It is a tracker, so its not like it is going to be used all of the time anyway, but whatever Mike picks i am sure will work for everyone..
The reason to have it cooked into the ROM is for security reasons, if your phone gets stolen, you can track it pretty much no matter what...
Thanks - agreed.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch

bestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on repbestjudge is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordshadowz View Post
Alright,

I need a little help here. It's off topic.

I wa reading about the new Opera. They said that if you have another Opera cooked into a Rom, like with Mighty Rom here, you dont want to install the new Opera over it. However they said what you do is copy the .exe files into the windows directory to overwrite the current ones there and that will work. So I'm attempting to do that however:

1) I'm trying to copy the original .exe files out of there in case I have problems and need to revert back.

2) I tried renaming the .exe files in the windows directory so again I could revert back.

No matter what I use it simply will not let me. I've tried with Windows XP explorer, I tried through Windows mobile File Explorer. I've tried with Total Commander. Nothing will let me either rename or move the files because they are in the windows directory and are essential files. So How can I move or rename them ? What do I need to do.

Thank you in advance,

Billy
Opera is built into rom so you just overwrite it and if you need to revert back just delete opera files and soft reset , Original files should come back. Right?
Old 02-27-2009, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by k000 View Post
Cab install works with both nue and Smart... I was not requesting any personal choice but just stated the preferences on behaviour of the program that will be chosen.

Whole purpose of the tracker software will be lost if teh finder/thief is able to do a hard reset and get rid of my settings on the tracking software, i.e, my email address or wish to be notified by SMS... so I am sure I am not asking for personal flavor favor, but just the point that, whatever is chosen
1. Is running automatically in stealth mode
2. Is cooked in ROM rock solid so that a hard reset (with / without SD card) will not disable my ability to track my phone..

As someone just pointed out this is not GPS software, but tracking your phone with the inbuilt GPS, in case it is stolen/lost and you want to track it down.
didn't meant to start anything, and of course i know it's about security. i don't use my phone alone as a GPS anyways since i have one. The added benefit of this supposedly always being trackable i'm sure is great. I understand all that. I was just saying, i don't think everyone likes it. that's why i always said, it's mike's rom..he can do with it what he wants. No biggie...glad to know it's a cab install thought.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 02-27-2009, 12:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

lordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on replordshadowz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lordshadowz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestjudge View Post
Opera is built into rom so you just overwrite it and if you need to revert back just delete opera files and soft reset , Original files should come back. Right?

I don't believe so.. But I can tell u definitely even though it is showing the newer Opera in the About screen, Flash does NOT work.

I dont know what else I can do to make it work. The only thing I do not see is in opera:config it says Plugins folder is in \windows\opera9\plugins\

There is NO folder named plugins in the opera 9 directory.

I re-installed flash lite 3.1 and under appication I find adobe and then flash player directories but there is nothing in it.. no files.

I can't even identify where Flash lite is installed.

So frustrated right now.. Been at this for freaken hours... It SHOULD WORK ! Java works great.. I have it set so it won't go to mobile views of web pages.. everything but flash works flawlessly.. I want Flash darn it !!!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

shayes5 is a n00b

I have alltel and have installed the alltel mms software and still can't get picture message to work. Is there anything that needs to be changed? I get the following error messages:
1. Cannot recognize one or more recipients or the address is not valid. Would you like to send the message anyway? Yes or No

2. Outlook e-mail, imap4, and pop3 e-mail accounts cannot be used to send text messages.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Almost a VIP

Red face Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
didn't meant to start anything, and of course i know it's about security. i don't use my phone alone as a GPS anyways since i have one. The added benefit of this supposedly always being trackable i'm sure is great. I understand all that. I was just saying, i don't think everyone likes it. that's why i always said, it's mike's rom..he can do with it what he wants. No biggie...glad to know it's a cab install thought.
No problem.

But, with both the programs you are not randomly letting yourself be tracked.. or are not even forced to be tracked. You can setup a security code on both of them, which only you would know. And then whenyou send that special SMS message to your own phone with that code/pin you will get a ping back.

I would be crazy to keep tracking myself unless need be in case of being lost/stolen

I sure hope that carriers / MS don't have stuff like this hidden built in to be able to track... you know what I mean
Old 02-27-2009, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

dead.bolt is keeping up the good workdead.bolt is keeping up the good work

question, does smart tracker work if your phone is turned off?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development