View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 01:25 PM
k000
Almost a VIP

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Re: |.February 25th, 2009.| |.MightyROM 4 . 12.| |.20765 - UC - 24MB PP.| [Standard/L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
didn't meant to start anything, and of course i know it's about security. i don't use my phone alone as a GPS anyways since i have one. The added benefit of this supposedly always being trackable i'm sure is great. I understand all that. I was just saying, i don't think everyone likes it. that's why i always said, it's mike's rom..he can do with it what he wants. No biggie...glad to know it's a cab install thought.
No problem.

But, with both the programs you are not randomly letting yourself be tracked.. or are not even forced to be tracked. You can setup a security code on both of them, which only you would know. And then whenyou send that special SMS message to your own phone with that code/pin you will get a ping back.

I would be crazy to keep tracking myself unless need be in case of being lost/stolen

I sure hope that carriers / MS don't have stuff like this hidden built in to be able to track... you know what I mean