PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stufffiyah knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] [MAY.08.09] [[MightyROM5]] Windows® Phone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobmonster View Post
My phone hasnt stopped sending messages to my friends phone and its driving me NUTS!!!! The worst part is that i hard reset'd and and its still sending em, infact, that was the first thing it did on restart. I dont even have the messages that are being sent on my phone any more!!!!!

Someone please help!
lol

Sorry ... I couldnt help but laugh. I hope you fix the problem for real man! Try hard resetting with the clear storage.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
My phone hasnt stopped sending messages to my friends phone and its driving me NUTS!!!! The worst part is that i hard reset'd and and its still sending em, infact, that was the first thing it did on restart. I dont even have the messages that are being sent on my phone any more!!!!!

Someone please help!
This has been spoken of a zillion times. It has to do with using PIM Backup to restore text messages. It is one of the reasons that Mighty switched to WM Phone. Do some searching you'll find the fix.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

gobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargobmonster is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_jaycee View Post
This has been spoken of a zillion times. It has to do with using PIM Backup to restore text messages. It is one of the reasons that Mighty switched to WM Phone. Do some searching you'll find the fix.
There are soooo many post in this thread, i dont even know what to search for.

But ive cleared my storage now and im hoping it doesnt happen again
Old 05-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro> EVO

tx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on reptx_jaycee is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to tx_jaycee

Quote:
There are soooo many post in this thread, i dont even know what to search for.

But ive cleared my storage now and im hoping it doesnt happen again
It wasn't hard. I did a search in this thread for Pimbackup. Here is one solution. It took me 5 min.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8672
Old 05-11-2009, 06:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

vulcanxtreme is a n00b
Smile Re: [ROM] [MAY.08.09] [[MightyROM5]] Windows® Phone

Hi all,

Just ordered a Touch Pro (super stoked!) and am planning on installing this ROM. I'm still in the process of doing research, but I had a small question. This is on a brand new phone, and I have no intentions on importing any types of backups. I've read that people are having issues with text messaging with this ROM (which is a big concern for me), but they appear to revolve around the importing of previously saved texts. Would it be safe to assume that I shouldn't have any issues since it'll be going in as a fresh install?

Thanks for any input!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

peepeesea is keeping up the good workpeepeesea is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulcanxtreme View Post
Hi all,

Just ordered a Touch Pro (super stoked!) and am planning on installing this ROM. I'm still in the process of doing research, but I had a small question. This is on a brand new phone, and I have no intentions on importing any types of backups. I've read that people are having issues with text messaging with this ROM (which is a big concern for me), but they appear to revolve around the importing of previously saved texts. Would it be safe to assume that I shouldn't have any issues since it'll be going in as a fresh install?

Thanks for any input!
im gonna repost this... i dont think this has been addressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by peepeesea View Post
so this ROM is great but the text message issues are far from fixed, in fact they haven't changed at all since the first version i installed from 4-21.
so now i have the latest version with the hotfix and its been hard reset twice.

1- if i leave a txt convo open and i send a text it does not mark the latest one as received so the phone will flash and keep the txt bold even if i reply. i have to close the convo the re open it everytime.
2- if i recieve a txt then open the convo to reply the focus is not set to txt entry box but rather it get focus on the recieved txt itself, so i have to tap in the txt entry box each time i open a convo to reply.

any one had any luck fixing this, Mike?

'function over fashion'
Old 05-11-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zizo72 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuie444 View Post
Anybody else having problems with ActiveSync with the May version? I just flashed the May 8th Build 21222 version and am getting the ActiveSync "cannot open the connection 57600 Default" Error and cannot sync. Any solutions to this? If not I'll have to SD Flash back to Copper because I need to be able to do this... Other than that great build Mighty, as always
I am having the same problem, reflashing it now!
Old 05-11-2009, 07:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

i reflashed it again, i keep getting "please wait till windows mobile device center starts"
Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro and diamond

har226 is becoming a great contributor

Can Anybody here tell me how to change things on the today screen like where it says the date then on the other side it says sprint I have seen other today screens saying something else or at the bottom of the screen the two short cuts . How is that change done?

Last edited by har226; 05-11-2009 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

reveritng back to the 04/25/09 version it ran smooth for me

Last edited by zizo72; 05-11-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development