PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 3-9-10 Twisted Goodsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

Is it me but my people tab keeps freezing my phone solid.

I have found that its an issue on how htc works certain contacts.

I have not found anymore detail more than that.

Thanks

Last edited by Terencec; 03-10-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon

jimbo333 is just getting started

The new 3-19-10 ROM looks sweeeeet, I am liking everything I see so far, it seems more polished all around. Awesome work!

Since I am a Verizon TP user, and I just had to try the new release out (I am too impatient to wait for the Lite version), I flashed the latest 3-9-10 ROM with a pagepool of 0, as I have heard previously suggested. With nothing really setup yet after a fresh reboot I have 2 MB of RAM free... Not enough to be useful, it complains it is out of memory at idle. When flashed with a pagepool of 4, the idle reports 30MB of RAM free! With the previous full ROM version I had around 10MB free at idle with the 4MB pagepool, which was usable, but barely. The new Rom is very fast and stable on the Verizon TP so far, Excellent work!

Last edited by jimbo333; 03-10-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Typo
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro cdma
Carrier: sprint

alinosa is a n00b

First of all let me say that this is by far the quickest ROM I've used to date. After checking in with my old favorites, I decided to give this one a try and am very impressed. I had a weird "tear" on the top of my screen whenever i opened the taskbar at first but it seemed to clear it self up. The only issue now is the "reply" function doesn't work in email. I tried the registry entries mentioned in the first post but still am getting no love. I have no idea what to try next. Not sure if it matters, but I have my email/calender/contacts synched to google through their instructions and it seems to work like a charm (accept the whole no replying part). Any suggestions would be appreciated, even if it's to point me in the right direction to troubleshoot further.

Many Thanks to Twisteddan for all his work!! Please keep it up, it's great.

aln
Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinosa View Post
First of all let me say that this is by far the quickest ROM I've used to date. After checking in with my old favorites, I decided to give this one a try and am very impressed. I had a weird "tear" on the top of my screen whenever i opened the taskbar at first but it seemed to clear it self up. The only issue now is the "reply" function doesn't work in email. I tried the registry entries mentioned in the first post but still am getting no love. I have no idea what to try next. Not sure if it matters, but I have my email/calender/contacts synched to google through their instructions and it seems to work like a charm (accept the whole no replying part). Any suggestions would be appreciated, even if it's to point me in the right direction to troubleshoot further.

Many Thanks to Twisteddan for all his work!! Please keep it up, it's great.

aln
Double check the registry to make sure the 0409 is removed as well. It needs to be similiar to the read setting.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
I used to be able to change the system font by simple dropping a font file in Windows - as long as I rename it tahoma, because the registry settings are all set to Tahoma, it's easier that way. Adjusting the registry works just longer. I am not worried about Sense's font because it goes to the system fonts when reading and replying email, surfing the web, file exploring etc. The reason why it's an issue for me now is the font I use is a bold font, but if I substite the bold ttf (tahomabd.ttf) with a lighter one it evens out to my liking. The tahomabd.ttf font is not budging for anything so I will have search for another font. I like the dialer and mms and those are more important than a font I like. It's just one of the things I know people customize. So if anyone wants to customize their system font will just have to do it by registry.
Have you tried backing up all of the .ttf files, then installing a cab, then dropping back in the ones you want? It may work and it may not, but it'd be worth a shot. Here's the thread I get my fonts from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532633. It's worth a look. I can't find any other places that have system fonts. I don't know how to make my own. If it's that easy I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

One more thing, how are you trying to replace the file? I had to replace one of them, and I used the copy/move command, hit tree, and put in the windows directory. It never asked me if I wanted to overwrite. I guess it just did it automatically.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo333 View Post
The new 3-19-10 ROM looks sweeeeet, I am liking everything I see so far, it seems more polished all around. Awesome work!

Since I am a Verizon TP user, and I just had to try the new release out (I am too impatient to wait for the Lite version), I flashed the latest 3-9-10 ROM with a pagepool of 0, as I have heard previously suggested. With nothing really setup yet after a fresh reboot I have 2 MB of RAM free... Not enough to be useful, it complains it is out of memory at idle. When flashed with a pagepool of 4, the idle reports 30MB of RAM free! With the previous full ROM version I had around 10MB free at idle with the 4MB pagepool, which was usable, but barely. The new Rom is very fast and stable on the Verizon TP so far, Excellent work!
Please continue to test this further at that pagepool. If it continues to show that available RAM on idle I would like to post that information on the front page. It would be nice for Verizon TP users to be able to flash a full ROM rather than a chopped one.

Please report back....

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Have you tried backing up all of the .ttf files, then installing a cab, then dropping back in the ones you want? It may work and it may not, but it'd be worth a shot. Here's the thread I get my fonts from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532633. It's worth a look. I can't find any other places that have system fonts. I don't know how to make my own. If it's that easy I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

One more thing, how are you trying to replace the file? I had to replace one of them, and I used the copy/move command, hit tree, and put in the windows directory. It never asked me if I wanted to overwrite. I guess it just did it automatically.

Have you been able to change your font? Maybe it's because I would do it manually why it's happening. I have also tried by cabs and it won't install. It seems like it will change only once, so if you are just testing out a font and want to change then you will be out of luck. Try switching fonts to see what I mean. But again it is not the end of the world. What I have done instead is change all the registry settings that would require tahoma to Candara, then switching Candara. If I were to change font I would just rename it Candara and switch with Total Commander or Resco File Explorer.
Even the cabs from the link you provided are not installing. If you were to explore those cabs to see what is in them you'll find that there are tahoma fonts in them - which would make them unsuccessful.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 AM
N00b
Carrier: Telus

overburn is just getting started

Just flashed the latest ROM. Was wondering why when I update weather+location it only shows the province im in and not the city? Google maps will have me located within 1000m or less.

Any ideas?
Old 03-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

I've made some progress with the fonts, the only thing left to get my "sexy back" is the lockscreen. It's sticking with tahoma
Old 03-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Font update: tweaking the .cpr files of the lockscreen...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development