View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 10:23 AM
accessing
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ROM 3-9-10 Twisted Goodsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
Have you tried backing up all of the .ttf files, then installing a cab, then dropping back in the ones you want? It may work and it may not, but it'd be worth a shot. Here's the thread I get my fonts from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532633. It's worth a look. I can't find any other places that have system fonts. I don't know how to make my own. If it's that easy I wouldn't mind giving it a go.

One more thing, how are you trying to replace the file? I had to replace one of them, and I used the copy/move command, hit tree, and put in the windows directory. It never asked me if I wanted to overwrite. I guess it just did it automatically.

Have you been able to change your font? Maybe it's because I would do it manually why it's happening. I have also tried by cabs and it won't install. It seems like it will change only once, so if you are just testing out a font and want to change then you will be out of luck. Try switching fonts to see what I mean. But again it is not the end of the world. What I have done instead is change all the registry settings that would require tahoma to Candara, then switching Candara. If I were to change font I would just rename it Candara and switch with Total Commander or Resco File Explorer.
Even the cabs from the link you provided are not installing. If you were to explore those cabs to see what is in them you'll find that there are tahoma fonts in them - which would make them unsuccessful.