PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

machineking369 is keeping up the good workmachineking369 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to machineking369
Re: ROM 3-9-10 Twisted Goodsense LANDSCAPE!! Sense 2.5 build 21876

Quote:
Originally Posted by overburn View Post
I've noticed this as well, a soft reset will fix it, annoying but not a deal breaker
Yea that's what i usually do, but i was hoping maybe a long term fix would be available. It's not really too much fun soft resetting every 5 minutes to fix it.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro, HTC Evo
Carrier: sprint

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by machineking369 View Post
The new update is truely an amazing rom probably the best one I've ever used... But i really only have one issue.. It's not so big of a issue but it's really irritating. Does anyone notice that after a certain amount of time that it will stop the indicator noise for a new text message but the indicator light will still flash. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this. Sorry if this has been discussed before i haven't seen it.. Thanks in advance.
Go to Start>Settings>Sounds and Notifications
Click the notifications tab at the bottom
Click the drop down tab by event and scroll to Messaging: New text message
Uncheck the box for flash light or change the no limit option to how long you'd prefer it to flash
Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Terencec is keeping up the good workTerencec is keeping up the good work

I wonder if he going to release a cab patch or a fixed up version this rom
Old 03-09-2010, 10:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

accessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on repaccessing is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerpat View Post
Did the flash dance and this fix isn't working.
The fix is done after the flash dance. Make sure the changes are saved in the registry and soft reset.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
I wonder if he going to release a cab patch or a fixed up version this rom
you mean regarding the flashing light? That's just a preference issue. It's like the end key, it's set to silent but you can choose to have it lock or display a list of options. It's not an issue with the rom.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessing View Post
Installing via cab changed tahoma.ttf but not tahomabd.ttf that's not so bad. Changing it with registry tweaks works, so I guess it's not's so bad.
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt - Change string of Nm to your font's name
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\BarFnt - Change string of Nm to your font's name
HKLM\System\GDI\SysFnt - Change string of Nm to your font's name

I had a problem installing a font too. Some of the fonts I installed would change all of the system fonts but the one I wanted didnt. I copied one of the font files that changed, I think it was Helvetica nue 55 roman or something and renamed it to the one I needed, then dropped it into the windows directory via Total Commander. After a soft reset, everything worked. I was installing fonts I found at xda made by the user MajorSarcasm.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

blockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuffblockhead428 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisteddan View Post
For right now no.....I've been fighting with theme issues for a while. (blurry icons in the start menu.

It always pops up. I cooked it at a 16mb page pool you can change it if you want to if not just close that menu and the flash will start. I bumped mine up to 24 when I flashed to my phone. Works fine......Pretty fast. But, 16mb will do you fine. Unless you have a Verizon TP then you should drop it to 0
I know you said you cooked it with a 16mb pagepool, but when I pull it up with pagepool changer, it shows as 24mb. Could be the reason for the blazing fastness that everyone is loving! I was going to set it at 20 just to see what happens because 2/17 was plenty fast for me. So 24 would make it absolutely fly??

Explain this to me because I never quite understood it. The pagepool is the amount of available memory that is set and used by Windows and not the phone itself right? So If I set it at 16, I'll have more memory available for programs and if I set it to 24, Sense will be fast, but simultaneous programs would use up memory faster? With that being said, if it's set to 16, the task manager might show 45% and if its set to 24 it might say 55%?

Thanks for any help! Going to flash this tomorrow because I've got school in the morning and I'm already past my bedtime, lol.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

huskerpat is a n00b

Quote:
The fix is done after the flash dance. Make sure the changes are saved in the registry and soft reset.
I did that. I just verified again that the string matches what is posted. Still no luck.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerpat View Post
I did that. I just verified again that the string matches what is posted. Still no luck.

My apologies, I realized now that in the text I included the 0409. That should be removed as well.

Anyone still with issues replying, the registry edit should be:

\Windows\compose_note.htm

TWISTED PLEASE EDIT THE FIRST PAGE TO REFLECT THE ABOVE.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

twisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on reptwisteddan is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Installing via cab changed tahoma.ttf but not tahomabd.ttf that's not so bad. Changing it with registry tweaks works, so I guess it's not's so bad.
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\PopFnt - Change string of Nm to your font's name
HKLM\System\GWE\Menu\BarFnt - Change string of Nm to your font's name
HKLM\System\GDI\SysFnt - Change string of Nm to your font's name
That is a pain in the @$$ I don't know why it is doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urufu_Shinjiro View Post
Damn you twisted, every time I get really settled in and enjoying my phone so much I forget it's even custom, you have a new kick@ss ROM and I have to update, lol!
LOL..................You guys know you love to flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockhead428 View Post
I know you said you cooked it with a 16mb pagepool, but when I pull it up with pagepool changer, it shows as 24mb. Could be the reason for the blazing fastness that everyone is loving! I was going to set it at 20 just to see what happens because 2/17 was plenty fast for me. So 24 would make it absolutely fly??

Explain this to me because I never quite understood it. The pagepool is the amount of available memory that is set and used by Windows and not the phone itself right? So If I set it at 16, I'll have more memory available for programs and if I set it to 24, Sense will be fast, but simultaneous programs would use up memory faster? With that being said, if it's set to 16, the task manager might show 45% and if its set to 24 it might say 55%?

Thanks for any help! Going to flash this tomorrow because I've got school in the morning and I'm already past my bedtime, lol.
Yes on both parts..........I actually didn't pay attention to what the pagepool was set at before I zipped it up........So yes you flashed the same ROM with the same PP as me.

As far as the PP itself. It sounds like you have it pretty much figured out. Or at least what I know about it. Except I don't think the pagepool will have that large of an impact on memory consumption unless you have a lot of programs open.

IF YOU FEEL THE NEED TO SHOW SOME LOVE ------>

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development