PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Reliance

krispuniq123 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/10/09-1.0 | fresh rom | Enough that I'm calling it 1.0!

I have loaded the fresh ROM 1.0 and used PreKitchen beta to remove sprint apps (NFL, Navigation, Footprints & NASCAR). I did this hoping to increase the battery life of my fone which never goes to sleep !! 100% awake time always & yes I am hating it like HELL !!!

I find almost all the apps open.. like Music, Browser, Weather, Messages, Mail, Voicemail etc.. almost every thing !!!

I have even turned off the backgroud data sync, turned off "always on mobile network data", turned off weather update automatically etc.. jus to make sure i am not having any thing that can suck up battery.. but still within hours (within 6 hrs battery comes to 40% with absolutely no calls/data usage or anything) and withing 8 to 10 hrs fone is OFF !!

This is was same case with even stock rom.. which was basically the main reason for me to look for a custom rom, but even this isnt working for me.. I am p****d of with this battery issue... will the 2.1 Eclair ROM or any other thing solve this issue ??

what shud i do to increase the battery life? and decrease the awake time ?? I am jus not able to get the awake time down even little bit from 100%... plzzz help me guys !!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispuniq123 View Post
I have loaded the fresh ROM 1.0 and used PreKitchen beta to remove sprint apps (NFL, Navigation, Footprints & NASCAR). I did this hoping to increase the battery life of my fone which never goes to sleep !! 100% awake time always & yes I am hating it like HELL !!!

I find almost all the apps open.. like Music, Browser, Weather, Messages, Mail, Voicemail etc.. almost every thing !!!

I have even turned off the backgroud data sync, turned off "always on mobile network data", turned off weather update automatically etc.. jus to make sure i am not having any thing that can suck up battery.. but still within hours (within 6 hrs battery comes to 40% with absolutely no calls/data usage or anything) and withing 8 to 10 hrs fone is OFF !!

This is was same case with even stock rom.. which was basically the main reason for me to look for a custom rom, but even this isnt working for me.. I am p****d of with this battery issue... will the 2.1 Eclair ROM or any other thing solve this issue ??

what shud i do to increase the battery life? and decrease the awake time ?? I am jus not able to get the awake time down even little bit from 100%... plzzz help me guys !!
If you phone was acting that way even with the stock ROM, it might be hardware problems... I'm on Fresh ROM 1.0 and not having that bad of a battery drain, not even when I was on Sprint's stock ROM.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

syscrasher13 is just getting started

yeah maybe you have a bad battery, I also noticed that sometimes the facebook or any of the other social networking stuff get stuck and are constantly trying to update, like your contact pictures and status updates and stuff... so I moved that to update every 8hrs, and also the gmail and exchange to update manually... I noticed that even if the data was turned off it was still trying to update...
Old 12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

I responded to this on xda this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispuniq View Post

Ok first off about all the stuff open in the background, see this. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. That stuff will be there. It pertains to your background updates, it pertains to your widgets, it ties in to stuff you wouldn't even think it would. But the stock applications like that will stay running and are needed.

As far as your 100% awake time... that is your battery problem. And flashing a rom won't fix that because android roms don't require a restore. That means that whatever applications you had on there before hand that were causing your 100% awake issue will still be there when you flash a new rom. You can try doing "wipe factory data" from your recovery menu and see if that works. However that is not a true wipe and just deletes some stuff from the data directory and restores the "run through setup" flag so that it walks you through the intial setup. I've had it not even remove my applications before. But you can try doing that and then rebooting your phone. After you set it up turn it off. Make sure it's not plugged in to anything just turn it off and leave it alone for 5 minutes. Come back and check it. If you are still at 100% awake then you need to run Sprint RUU instead to do a full on wipe. If it is sleeping after the initial data wipe then you're good to go. Just be careful about what you install and keep an eye on it.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP

Just a tiny little preview trailer.

Coming soon!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Maverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaverick77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Holy crap that looks good!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Looking forward to it!!!!!

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Tab

kyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on repkyrumo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Looks good Flip, when are you gonna release it
Old 12-31-2009, 02:11 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ive done some searching through this thread. Was it ever told how to make the lockscreen clear? I installed the de-mod and the lock is not gone but there is still a wallpaper. Thanks.

EDIT: I finally found where this was discussed over at XDA and i tried deleting the picture that was being used as the wallpaper but even after a reboot and a deleted pic, it is still there.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

Last edited by KBZL; 12-31-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

asapelectric is keeping up the good workasapelectric is keeping up the good work

Hey Flipz, on the Re-rooting program u have, its stuck on the HTC screen with fastboot usb in the corner. What do I do?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero > CDMA HTC Hero Development