PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 04:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Hero - Fresh ROM
Carrier: Sprint

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[ROM] 07/02/11 | Fresh Evo 4.2 | Gingerbread 2.3.3 | New OTA + CIQ Stripped (again)

Geek For Me is proud to release:

Fresh Evo 4.2.0.0 for your Sprint Evo 4g

Featuring Gingerbread (Android 2.3.3)!

Base: OTA_Supersonic_4.24.651.1

Quote:
Changes from Fresh Evo 4.1.1.0 to 4.2.0.0:
  • Based on the newest 4.24.651.1 update from Sprint/HTC
    • This fixes the netflix bug
  • Updated superuser to 2.3.6.3
  • Updated ES File Explorer to 1.6.0.1
  • Updated DarkTremor a2sd to 2.7.5.2-1
  • Re-stripped Carrier IQ (copy/paste from previous change log as this is still fairly new to most people):
    • Carrier IQ (aka CIQ, or just IQ) is a market research tool used by Sprint/HTC to see what the phones are being used for. You can find out more about Carrier IQ on their website.
    • Now there is a huge group of people out there that would tell you this is Sprint/HTC spying on us, and they are right. You can see an example of what type of information is gathered by looking at a sample report from Carrier IQ. It is essentially spyware and is tied in to practically every HTC application on our phone.
    • This isn't new news and really isn't a secret. Carriers gathering this information helps them see how the phones are being used and how they can improve them in the future. I didn't decide to remove it because I have a tin foil hat on and I'm worried about what they're collecting, although those people will certainly benefit. I chose to remove it because it has a number of services that are constantly running in the background and chew up quite a bit of CPU (and battery) at times.
    • While I haven't gone as far as to remove the calls to it from every single application on the phone I have completely disabled and removed the service from the ramdisk, the binaries, and the libs. Thus if you happen to be the type that watches logcat you will see some errors saying individual applications can't reach the service. Nothing to worry about.
    • Despite the fact that I have known about CIQ for a while, I have never chosen to remove it for various reasons. I decided to go for it on Fresh Evo 4.0 because I will be keeping a "beta" tag on this rom until we get some a more official release which means I can try new things.
    • Questions? Feel free to ask.
  • All the usual Fresh goodies! See the official change log to know what changes go in to each Fresh Rom.

KNOWN BUGS:
  • None that are caused by Fresh.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not every mod in this rom is outlined here if it was done in a previous version. It contains all the Fresh goodies as outlined in the Fresh Evo changelog: http://geekfor.me/evo/21/fresh-evo-official-change-log
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
READ:
Install Notes: This update does not require a data wipe if you are on Fresh Evo 3.2 or higher. If you are coming from another rom then a wipe may be required. Always perform a nandroid backup before flashing. Having the newest radio and PRI is highly recommended. I recommend doing it after you flash the rom (note: not new with 4.2).
Donors: This is the same one that was sent out in the afternoon of 07/01/11 so no need to update if you have 4.2 already.

If you are experiencing issues:
  • If any app is FC'ing then simply open Settings > Manage Applications > All > YOUR APP > Clear Data . After that everything should work for you.
  • If you have tried all of that and are still having issues then you need to go in to recovery and do a full data wipe and flash and all will be fine.

Fair warning: if you ask me something that is already answered in the forum, the change log, or these release notes, then I'm going to ignore it. Sorry.

Download: http://geekfor.me/evo/23/fresh-evo-4-2

Radio and Wimax (not new in this release) :
Download: http://geekfor.me/evo/radio/fresh-411-radios

Screenshots:

Last edited by flipzmode; 07-02-2011 at 09:49 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO, HTC Touch Pro - Flashed MetroPCS
Carrier: Sprint and MetroPCS

mdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuffmdiaz33685 knows their stuff
Re: [ROM] 04/22/10 | Fresh Evo 4.0 Beta 3 | Gingerbread + CIQ Stripped + the Usual!

Downloading now...

Good to see another Flipz Update....

Sprint Touch Pro and TPro 2 Flashed to MetroPCS = Guide for MetroPCS

Dont forget to hit Thanks, if I helped.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: [ROM] 04/22/10 | Fresh Evo 4.0 Beta 3 | Gingerbread + CIQ Stripped + the Usual!

Woot!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

teshamin_b is a n00b
Re: [ROM] 04/22/11 | Fresh Evo 4.0 Beta 3 | Gingerbread + CIQ Stripped + the Usual!

Update went flawless.
I noticed that I did not have the Gingerbread Lock screen. Maybe because I perform an upgrade??
And I really miss the panels!!

But other than that, SUPER ROM!!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

tj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartj.iscool is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ROM] 04/22/11 | Fresh Evo 4.0 Beta 3 | Gingerbread + CIQ Stripped + the Usual!

whats the difference from Froyo & GB?

Still can't use that root option in ES File Manager with this ROM

Last edited by tj.iscool; 04-22-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Wiredengineer

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff

Little feedback, I cant get titanium backup to work on the latest version. I get a kernel failure error right after superuser auth, sucks. Tried reinstall same issue.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

teshamin_b is a n00b

Possible Fix for the display Brightness issue..
Install the Vanilla Lock+Clock+World Clock tweak.
After reboot, Click on the "Clock" ... From there you can actually dim the display brightness..
Old 04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropagandaX View Post
Little feedback, I cant get titanium backup to work on the latest version. I get a kernel failure error right after superuser auth, sucks. Tried reinstall same issue.
Titanium Backup / BusyBox
  • The BusyBox included with beta 3 is giving people issues with some applications (notably titanium backup and ad block). There is a patch up on fresh updater to update your busybox.
  • A secondary issue is that the newest version of titanium backup FC's for a number of users (not just on fresh rom k!). The fix is to downgrade to the last version as noted here.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

AaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularAaronP220 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to AaronP220

Thanks Flip! Been running for a few days without issues! Another fine ROM, Sir!
Old 04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Wiredengineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronP220 View Post
Titanium Backup / BusyBox
  • The BusyBox included with beta 3 is giving people issues with some applications (notably titanium backup and ad block). There is a patch up on fresh updater to update your busybox.
  • A secondary issue is that the newest version of titanium backup FC's for a number of users (not just on fresh rom k!). The fix is to downgrade to the last version as noted here.
Thanks I figured it was TB, that sucks.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development