View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
flipzmode
VIP Member
Threadstarter

flipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIPflipzmode is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 12/10/09-1.0 | fresh rom | Enough that I'm calling it 1.0!

I responded to this on xda this morning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispuniq View Post
I have loaded the fresh ROM 1.0 and used PreKitchen beta to remove sprint apps (NFL, Navigation, Footprints & NASCAR). I did this hoping to increase the battery life of my fone which never goes to sleep !! 100% awake time always & yes I am hating it like HELL !!!

I find almost all the apps open.. like Music, Browser, Weather, Messages, Mail, Voicemail etc.. almost every thing !!!
Ok first off about all the stuff open in the background, see this. It is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. That stuff will be there. It pertains to your background updates, it pertains to your widgets, it ties in to stuff you wouldn't even think it would. But the stock applications like that will stay running and are needed.

As far as your 100% awake time... that is your battery problem. And flashing a rom won't fix that because android roms don't require a restore. That means that whatever applications you had on there before hand that were causing your 100% awake issue will still be there when you flash a new rom. You can try doing "wipe factory data" from your recovery menu and see if that works. However that is not a true wipe and just deletes some stuff from the data directory and restores the "run through setup" flag so that it walks you through the intial setup. I've had it not even remove my applications before. But you can try doing that and then rebooting your phone. After you set it up turn it off. Make sure it's not plugged in to anything just turn it off and leave it alone for 5 minutes. Come back and check it. If you are still at 100% awake then you need to run Sprint RUU instead to do a full on wipe. If it is sleeping after the initial data wipe then you're good to go. Just be careful about what you install and keep an eye on it.