PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 07/25/2007 MikROM 1.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
This question is concerning the battery/battery gauge, does the battery meter on the Android roms have the similar effect as on the WM (TP2) what i mean is that they work but they have a rapid high end of low end drain. Look at the previous rom before the 1.1 and pay close attention to the battery gauge watch the it will drop 1% per every 3 to 5 miniutes and them every 7 to 15 minutes, I did that with the screen idle and just watching it. Took the phone off fully charge at 10:30am and at 10:52am I was at 89%, this was saturday morning. I'm sorry I did not mention this earlier before you start the new build.
u right... it does seem like initially its like the percent on the wm phone, maybe its pulling to fast.
im not really sure about how to set it up and such though... if it was a wm i could tell u how to fix it up, or change it a little... but on android i have no clue.
but it seems like batt is lasting long enough.
i dont think that the batt percent takes up more batt life than a widget that u would probably run instead, but it could be.
to be honest i think i had better batt with before the OTA update, i actually got the phone to last over 2 days.
i think there is a need to set the overclock the right way and then everything will work out best, maybe the default cpu settings its not the best way to go.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils

Last edited by amikam; 07-26-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff
Re: [ROM] 07/24/2007 MikROM 1.0

So will be your idea of a some what perfect cpu setting?
Old 07-26-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
So will be your idea of a some what perfect cpu setting?
mmm i didnt really get a chance to play with it too much to a point where i can recommend a setting.
look up in the netarchy-toast kernel thread, they r discussing the issue there a little bit... i think that will give u an answer.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:07 AM
Almost a VIP

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
mmm i didnt really get a chance to play with it too much to a point where i can recommend a setting.
look up in the netarchy-toast kernel thread, they r discussing the issue there a little bit... i think that will give u an answer.
k cool thanks, keep up the good work, don't get discourage we all get tunnel vision where we are focus, believe its a simple fix and you will figure it out and when you do you will laugh!!!!!

thanks Nygel
Old 07-26-2010, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
k cool thanks, keep up the good work, don't get discourage we all get tunnel vision where we are focus, believe its a simple fix and you will figure it out and when you do you will laugh!!!!!

thanks Nygel
i think it could be the signing park of the apk's...
i took a script from somewhere else to png optimize all apk's, and i added my own scrip to sign and zipalign all apk... maybe something went wrong somewhere.
i know some apk are not ment to be touched but since it flashed on my phone and everything works i assumed it worked just fine.
anyways... ill update as soon as i can... if anyone needs the skype beta apk or the hosts file that fot updated let me know.
besides that and the optimization there wasn't too many additions.

i think ill try and go the smart way about this whole rom thing.... ill start to also put out updates and a rom... so people wont have to wipe.
thats probably a better idea than making new roms all the time.
only major updated should be a rom... and the rest update files that will keep u updated will all the new stuff and wont require u to wipe... i cant belice i didnt think about that before... i dont know how come other poeple didnt think about that.
thats probably what ill do from now on.... until a major update will show up to our phones.

Last edited by amikam; 07-26-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM
Almost a VIP

your ringtone; where did you get it, that made my day the 1st time i heard and love it every since
Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

parousia15 is keeping up the good workparousia15 is keeping up the good work

The new fps kernel is 3.7.4, which fixes a problem experienced by nova screens. Is there a way to flash this over your ROM or do we wait for an updated ROM?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parousia15 View Post
The new fps kernel is 3.7.4, which fixes a problem experienced by nova screens. Is there a way to flash this over your ROM or do we wait for an updated ROM?
just flash the zip, it should be fine.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:37 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
your ringtone; where did you get it, that made my day the 1st time i heard and love it every since
its from the movie Bedtime Stories.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Talk is broken...FC everytime i try to chat with anyone.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development