PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

To those who are not happy with battery life:

1: Go stock for a few days. You'll see that this is about 10 to 15% better then stock.

2: Use another ROM for a few days. You'll see that they are slightly higher / lower then stock depending on tweaks and radios etc.

3: Cache cleaner, AutoKiller Memory, Autorun manager, all free. They allow you to see what is running and for a small donation (two bucks works, they ask for five but I got full version for two) you can set it up to only allow certain apps run in the back.

Example: FootPrints, Flicker, Navigation, etc. love to run in the background and eat up resources. Click them to only start when you went them to and they don't start or "self restart" without your permission. My stock battery goes about 18 hours with medium/heavy use.

Right now I'm too cheap to buy the Seidio 3500 battery. I am using the cheapy ebay battery and my stock. I swap out batteries at about 10%.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

CYNICALifornia is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
To those who are not happy with battery life:
Tony, it wasn't a complaint, just a request.

Also, per your post, I'm installing autorun manager (I already have the other two working on my phone). Thanks for the tip.

BTW, what part of H-town are you from? I used to stomp around out there.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I didn't think it was a complaint, it's all good.

Sugarland TX, ugh. Originally from L.A. (Pasadena) came to TX and people are too damn nice, friendly and slow. Go to a store they ask for your life story, "OH HEY! First time I seen you here, are you new? Did your kids go to this school? What do you do?" JESUS just give me my change please I have .... people to run over.

I miss walking into a corner store and making a transaction without making eye contact or any conversation.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:50 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

juortiz85 is a n00b

Omj how's it going. is there anyway you can update the kernel and put back the ringtones and wall papers back. Thanks.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by juortiz85 View Post
Omj how's it going. is there anyway you can update the kernel and put back the ringtones and wall papers back. Thanks.

Not to speak for OMJ but, dont you find whichever kernel you want and flash that whenever you want, right?

And if you go to aamikam's MikFroyo Rom thread at XDA you can download his lateset rom. Then open it on your computer and you will see a file labled sdcard and inside there is all the stuff that is removed from his rom which has the ringtones and all the wallpapers in it.

Last edited by TREmp77; 02-22-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Brian Mccurley is a n00b

I have the latest and greatest OMJ ROM, it has been great, until lately it seems that there are bugs a glitches popping up every where. It seems I am now having to reboot like I was still on my WM phone and not android. Is there something that I can clean without having to reformat and flash new ROM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

racer1000r is a n00b

I've been using OMJ's roms since the Evo's release, and they're fantastic, thanks OMJ for all your hard work.

I recently upgraded to v4.5, and my phone has taken a turn for the worse. Since I started flashing OMJ's roms in June of 2010, I don't think my phone has re-started itself more than a handful of times. When I flashed v4.5, it developed a crash habit and it re-starts itself on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times in a row before I'm able to stabilize it.

I tried backing it down to v4.4, then v4.2, then v4.1 with no luck. I finally just did a factory reset and we'll see what happens. Anyone have any thoughts on this? My phone has never been "buggy" and i'm a developer myself so I'm not new at this.

My gut feel is that some of the "speed" enhancements that aamikam did to improve the speed may have removed some of the error trapping code, which in turn could lead to memory leaks and thus spontaneous crashing on a regular basis. OMJ, any chance you might re-instate the base you used in v4.4 that seemed more stable? I would gladly sacrifice a little speed for a phone that doesn't reboot in the middle of a phone call.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
B
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1000r View Post
I've been using OMJ's roms since the Evo's release, and they're fantastic, thanks OMJ for all your hard work.

I recently upgraded to v4.5, and my phone has taken a turn for the worse. Since I started flashing OMJ's roms in June of 2010, I don't think my phone has re-started itself more than a handful of times. When I flashed v4.5, it developed a crash habit and it re-starts itself on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times in a row before I'm able to stabilize it.

I tried backing it down to v4.4, then v4.2, then v4.1 with no luck. I finally just did a factory reset and we'll see what happens. Anyone have any thoughts on this? My phone has never been "buggy" and i'm a developer myself so I'm not new at this.

My gut feel is that some of the "speed" enhancements that aamikam did to improve the speed may have removed some of the error trapping code, which in turn could lead to memory leaks and thus spontaneous crashing on a regular basis. OMJ, any chance you might re-instate the base you used in v4.4 that seemed more stable? I would gladly sacrifice a little speed for a phone that doesn't reboot in the middle of a phone call.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
B
I think 4.2 was the last one before he switched to aamikams base. So question, when going from 4.2 to 4.3 or above did you wipe completely, factory wipe? Since he changed the base it was recommended to do so, when switching between those roms.
Old 02-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

racer1000r is a n00b

No, I didn't do a factory reset when changing the base. I must have missed (or glossed over that important piece of info, oops!)

I just did a factory reset last night, and re-flashed with OMJ v4.5. Keeping my fingers crossed that it clears up the issue.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

minkus82 is a n00b

let me know, cause I am having the same problem and I DID do a factory wipe. I can't get to the bottom of it for nothing.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development