PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: na
Carrier: na

evousr1205 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Like IKS said... I would think that it was the batch "restore missing apps + all system data" option that you used... more specifically the system data portion of that batch run.

I have used TB since jumping to Android and never had any problems with it, but you do have to be careful. Anytime you are going from one rom to the next you can run into problems with restoring the sys data stuff that is highlighted in green. Different bases and various things from rom to rom may be slightly different in the way they store sys data so when you run the backup on one rom and then try to restore that same data on a different rom to the same place it was on the previous rom... bork! Just as you saw when your images were showing up and obviously on your sd card but were no longer "accessable" once you restored the old sys data from the previous rom.

I've never had any problem restoring any programs and had to kinda learn by trial and error what sys data you can restore from one rom to the next. Here's what I can tell you...

Accounts - never resotred it from rom to rom

Application Widgets - never restored

Bluetooth pairings - never used as I don't have a bluetooth, but would venture to guess so long as you are going from one sense rom to the next you might be pretty safe in restoring this

Calendar Storage - never used, just let google handle this one

[Alarms] Clock - use this one every time, restores the times I had set in my three alarms and what days of the week but for some reason doesn't re-set the ring tone so I have to go back in and do that part manually after a restore and re-boot (saves a little time at least)

[User Dict] ... I skip this one and restore the HTC one ...[User Dict HTC] Touch Input

[Voicemail] Dialer - seems to always work (omj rom to omj rom)

[SMS/MMS/APN] Dialer Storage - seems to always work (omj rom to omj rom)

[Desktop] HTC Sense - always works (omj to omj rom)

[Bookmarks] Internet - seems to always work

[E-mail Account...] Mail - I let google handle this as it is the only account I set up on my phone (my guess would be so long as it's sense to sense rom and if you have other pop3 or imap accounts set up it would probably work fine)

[Playlists] - don't have any set up and have not used

[SMS/MMS Prefs] - not absolutely sure if it catches all the settings but I run it everytime and it seems to work perfeclty... I use handcent and there are a few settings you need to tweak in the stock messaging to play nice with handcent and once I restore this and restore handcent I never have to go back and re-tweak anything

[Wallpaper/set...gs] Settings - never use it?? ... and would be leary to (IMO)

[Settings/Bluet...tings Storeage - never use it and would be leary to (IMO)

[User Dict HTC] Touch Input - like i said earlier, works every time for me

Wi-Fi Acess Points - works everytime for me which is awesome b/c I travel a lot and would hate to set each of these up again everytime

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the repply. I always though it could be system files but was getting tired of reentering all of my account info for everything. Guess its a small price to pay to get it all there. I have since then just backup apps and only the user ones. Thanks again for the list above.

Sa
Old 02-03-2011, 12:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!
Carrier: Sprint

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
now how's he gonna learn? lol
Wow mayne. Wow.

Thank you.

I was pissed at myself for not being able to figure out the adb commands and etc. Nothing like a cheat/shortcut to make you feel better!

Best. Chef. Evar!
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre, HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint "Simply Everything"

tx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartx_dbs_tx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

@OMJ.
Thanks. It's the only thing that I'd like to change. I'm just so used to the stock rosie I want to keep it the same as stock. As soon as you find out how to get it back like stock, please let me know so I can flash your rom again. I'd like to be on your Rom with the base you use. It's a great combination of chef's work.

Last edited by tx_dbs_tx; 02-03-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

IT WORKED! I AM NOT RETARDED!

Thank you OMJ.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

stlbadger is just getting started

I'm having some issues with battery. I know, there is a thread made just for this issue, but I applied all the techniques and it still sucks. I was getting 20+ hrs with Stock, but now with OMJ, I lose like a percent every 4 minutes. I even wiped it twice and reflashed, and then didn't add any apps/accounts and just let it sit there. Turned off automatic brightness and all that.

I really love this ROM. Lightning fast, cool flip clock and better animations than stock, but if the battery dies so fast, then I'll have to go back to stock

Any suggestions?
Old 02-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: EAT ME

benfreak is a n00b

[QUOTE=OMJ;2049573]sorry, I don't know much about the live wallpapers....I don't use them as they eat your battery

So is there anyway in the next Ver. you can leave in the Magic Smoke live wallpaper?

Thanks for the ROM and the help
Old 02-03-2011, 02:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC EVO 4G

jonlee83 is keeping up the good workjonlee83 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
@OMJ.
Thanks. It's the only thing that I'd like to change. I'm just so used to the stock rosie I want to keep it the same as stock. As soon as you find out how to get it back like stock, please let me know so I can flash your rom again. I'd like to be on your Rom with the base you use. It's a great combination of chef's work.
what do you mean by "rosie"
Old 02-03-2011, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

av8or is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to av8or Send a message via Yahoo to av8or

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
you know, palm, and her 5 sisters
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx View Post
@OMJ.
I sent Myn a PM...will let ya know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Tony View Post
IT WORKED! I AM NOT RETARDED!

Thank you OMJ.
so did u figure out adb or flash the file I made?

good job Tony, I knew u could do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlbadger View Post
I'm having some issues with battery. I know, there is a thread made just for this issue, but I applied all the techniques and it still sucks. I was getting 20+ hrs with Stock, but now with OMJ, I lose like a percent every 4 minutes. I even wiped it twice and reflashed, and then didn't add any apps/accounts and just let it sit there. Turned off automatic brightness and all that.

I really love this ROM. Lightning fast, cool flip clock and better animations than stock, but if the battery dies so fast, then I'll have to go back to stock

Any suggestions?
hmmm, 15% per hr is kinda high, are u a heavy user? what do u have running? 4G, wifi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfreak View Post
So is there anyway in the next Ver. you can leave in the Magic Smoke live wallpaper?

Thanks for the ROM and the help
I should have checked my files b4....the magic smoke apk is actually located @ \sdcard\Removed_Wallpapers\MagicSmokeWallpapers.ap k

u said b4 u tried to reinstall....how? you should be able to push that apk to to \system\app & u will be good to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonlee83 View Post
Rosie is the HTC home screen.....and her 5 sisters, lol
Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: EAT ME

benfreak is a n00b

I am trying to reinstall srpint navigation. always tells me "Application not installed"

UPDATE! sry it worked i used the .apk OMJ put in a zip file of removed .apk's
OMJ do you have the magic smoke live wallpaper .apk? I cant seem to install any file in the folder you placed on the SD card called Removed_apps

Last edited by benfreak; 02-03-2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: update

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development