PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

racer1000r is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

UPDATE: So far, so good. Everything seems to be working as expected.

My status:
- Factory Wipe
- Clean flash of OMJ v4.5
- Kernel v2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
- Baseband v2.15.00.11.19
- PRI v1.90_003
- PRL v60675

I haven't installed too many market apps yet. I'll post an update in a few days once I have some more time without a reset.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juortiz85 View Post
Omj how's it going. is there anyway you can update the kernel and put back the ringtones and wall papers back. Thanks.
update the kernel?

the removed ringtones & wallpapers are located @ \sdcard\Removed_Ringtones_And_Notifications_Sounds & \sdcard\Removed_Wallpapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Mccurley View Post
I have the latest and greatest OMJ ROM, it has been great, until lately it seems that there are bugs a glitches popping up every where. It seems I am now having to reboot like I was still on my WM phone and not android. Is there something that I can clean without having to reformat and flash new ROM.
I have not flashed since 1/23 & I'm not seeing any issues at all.....I do have Cache Cleaner NG setup to autoclean every morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1000r View Post
UPDATE: So far, so good. Everything seems to be working as expected.

My status:
- Factory Wipe
- Clean flash of OMJ v4.5
- Kernel v2.6.32.17-gee557fd htc-kernel@and18-2 #15
- Baseband v2.15.00.11.19
- PRI v1.90_003
- PRL v60675

I haven't installed too many market apps yet. I'll post an update in a few days once I have some more time without a reset.
yeah, u should be good now.....going from the stock base to aamikams w/o a full wipe was most likely causing your issues.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Question for you guys. I've been using the wireless tether app since the day I got root. I had problems with it the other day and I remembered some of you don't even use the app anymore. Can I just use the Sprint Hot Spot app on the phone or will that kick in the monthly fee?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Question for you guys. I've been using the wireless tether app since the day I got root. I had problems with it the other day and I remembered some of you don't even use the app anymore. Can I just use the Sprint Hot Spot app on the phone or will that kick in the monthly fee?
You can use the hot spot...no fees.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Thanks TRE!
Old 02-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: hhtc EVO

Jkelly is a n00b

Not sure what I'm doing wrong? First I downloaded cm7 and I don't like it. Now I want to use the 2.2 custom ROM v4.5 but after I install it on my sdcard I cant see it in the ClockworkMod Recovery? can you help?
Old 02-24-2011, 11:16 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkelly View Post
Not sure what I'm doing wrong? First I downloaded cm7 and I don't like it. Now I want to use the 2.2 custom ROM v4.5 but after I install it on my sdcard I cant see it in the ClockworkMod Recovery? can you help?
Try Amon Ra recovery...flash alternate recovery in ROM Manager app, or in that same app try to install ROM from SD Card option

Do a complete factory wipe first
Old 02-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch SGS II

PrototypeEW is a n00b

I don't know why, but a week or so ago I noticed that my phone wasn't sleeping properly. I figured it was an app but I uninstalled all of the ones I downloaded and it still won't sleep. I was using 4.4 at the time. I decided I wanted to try another rom so I did a full wipe and installed it, first thing I noticed was it still wouldn't sleep. I disliked the new rom so I downloaded OMJ's 4.5 did a full wipe and installed. Still no sleep. Maybe someone can advise me what to try next? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrototypeEW View Post
I don't know why, but a week or so ago I noticed that my phone wasn't sleeping properly. I figured it was an app but I uninstalled all of the ones I downloaded and it still won't sleep. I was using 4.4 at the time. I decided I wanted to try another rom so I did a full wipe and installed it, first thing I noticed was it still wouldn't sleep. I disliked the new rom so I downloaded OMJ's 4.5 did a full wipe and installed. Still no sleep. Maybe someone can advise me what to try next? Thanks.
Menu/Settings/About phone/Software Info

What PRI are you on? There are insomnia reports for some with the 1.90 PRI.
If you are on that and you cant track your issue to a rogue app then try dialing back the PRI to 1.77.
Calk has all the zips you need here:
[ Radios ][ 12-17 ] All EVO Radio, WiMAX, PRI, NV & HBoot versions - xda-developers

You are having the same issue on two different ROMs, your PRI is a common denominator on both ROMs as you take that with you ROM to ROM provided the chef doesn't add radios to the ROM (Very rare that that happens).

Another common denominator across both ROMs is your SD card. While I haven't seen sleep issues traced back to the card, anything is possible.
Reformatting your card wont hurt, its a bit of a pain but it wont hurt.
Back it up and reformat in fats32. If that fixes it then only restore essential files from your backed up old card and add them slowly in case one of them is the culprit.
Good luck.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G Touch SGS II

PrototypeEW is a n00b

My PRI is 1.34_003 Does that seem right?
-Edit: Looks like my baseband is out of date too according to the link you gave me. I'll do the full combo update. Thanks again.

I guess I should try to upgrade it then if it really is old. Thanks for the reply, not sleeping is definitely hurting my battery life.

-Edit 2: I don't see flashing instructions, do I just flash the zip from recovery?

-Edit 3: I'm on the newest radios. Still isn't sleeping. I'm going to try 1.77, and then move on to my memory card.

Last edited by PrototypeEW; 02-26-2011 at 04:47 AM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development