PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@ OMJ, you ever hear back from Cyanogen about implementing the IE6 user agent setting?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2010, 07:48 AM
N00b

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.0 | FroYo 3.30.651.3 | *Updated 11/17/10*

New version of Market, 2.12.

It should silently update itself...but if not, there is a flashable .zip attached.
(Will overwrite Vending.apk in /system/app)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vending-apk_v2.12.zip (957.0 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by That0neUser; 11-20-2010 at 07:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Nice OMJ just updated to 4.0 and the first thing I was gonna do after was search for a way to get the transparent notification bar installed but ... no need!

@ anyone ... since I installed I'm getting the process.android.acore error randomly ... searched and found nothing conclusive about was causes this ... ideas any of you longer time Android users?

I'm sure 5 months doesnt qualify as a "long time user" but I've seen that issue before (not on OMJ) and like you couldn't find concrete solutions. It was very random so hard to pin down. It just stopped occurring on its own. Weird.
The most common Google hits for me came up with some type of issue with Contacts and/or sync, maybe after a few syncs yours will clear up too?
You try wiping Cache and Dalvik? May clear out some files throwing your device a curveball?
I know the "Cross Your Fingers and Hope It Goes Away" technique isnt the most advanced tech support but it's all I got.
Good luck.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:23 AM
Lurker

Tin Soldier is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
Ok... Why would you want 4G and WiFi running at the same time? It seems rather redundant, and HTC/Sprint probably feel the same way which is why they won't run at the same time.

If you're running 4G and turn on WiFi, 4G will sit in standby until you turn off WiFi...then 4G will kick back on. If you're running WiFi and turn on 4G, 4G will start but sit in standby until you turn off WiFi...then 4G will kick back on.

As far as tethering...
...do not tether while on WiFi...won't work.
...4G will not work using Sprint Hotspot...you're limited to 3G.
...4G and 3G will work if you use Wireless Tether.

If you're having issues with 4G not working on Wireless Tether, try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Oh, and just to cover my own bases...I should make sure that we're both on the same page as far as terminology.

WiFi... "Wi-Fi" is used to connect to a home/public wireless router to access the internet....as you would if you were on a laptop.
Tether... Using your Evo as a router for a laptop to connect to the internet.
Wireless Tether... The app "Wireless Tether" used to tether wirelessly.
Sprint Hotspot... The default wireless tethering app from Sprint. The version in this ROM is the mod'd version that allows you to tether without paying Sprint's $30 a month for tethering. Like I said though, this mod doesn't allow for 4G tethering...at the moment.

Awesome. You are the first person to give clear answers on all those items. I did not realize that the modded tether app only did 3G. Also didn't realize that 4G would standby when wifi came on. I thought there was an issue in the phone. LOL!

Now that that's all cleared up. I will uninstall and reinstall the wifi tether app and try it again. It used to work fine two updates ago, so maybe it just got jumbled somehow.

As far as the terminology, yep knew all that, except the hotspot being 3G only.

phfew glad that's cleared up. Thanks

Traveling Tek
Current Location | Traveling Tek
Old 11-20-2010, 11:15 AM
N00b

Quote:
Nice OMJ just updated to 4.0 and the first thing I was gonna do after was search for a way to get the transparent notification bar installed but ... no need!

@ anyone ... since I installed I'm getting the process.android.acore error randomly ... searched and found nothing conclusive about was causes this ... ideas any of you longer time Android users?

I ran into that issue on my mom's unrooted HTC Hero. With it being unrooted there wasn't much I could do in regards to diagnostics, in the end a factory reset resolved the issue.

Like IKS said, you could try wiping Dalvik-Cache and see if that helps.
I'd also try using Calkulin's Clear Temp .zip.

If either of those don't help, do a NAND backup, then copy the data.img from the backup to your SDK folder on PC. Do a full wipe (factory data reset, twice...dalvik-cache wipe, twice). If you wanted to be thorough you could use Calkulin's FORMAT ALL .zip. Then reflash the ROM and follow the steps a couple of pages back on OMJ's process of restoring the data.img file to put you back to where you were prior to flashing (data, settings, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
Awesome. You are the first person to give clear answers on all those items. I did not realize that the modded tether app only did 3G. Also didn't realize that 4G would standby when wifi came on. I thought there was an issue in the phone. LOL!

Now that that's all cleared up. I will uninstall and reinstall the wifi tether app and try it again. It used to work fine two updates ago, so maybe it just got jumbled somehow.

As far as the terminology, yep knew all that, except the hotspot being 3G only.

phfew glad that's cleared up. Thanks

Traveling Tek
Current Location | Traveling Tek
No problem, glad to have helped!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Lurker

Tin Soldier is a n00b

*Update* Went to the Wireless Tether page and downloaded the latest experimental. It works great. Sorry for causing all the issues.

The OMJ Rom is amazing. Keep it up!

Last edited by Tin Soldier; 11-20-2010 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Fixed my issue
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:33 AM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
Well reloaded wifi tether and I can't get it to work. Won't let me connect to it. I am using the deodexed 4.0 omj rom. Is there something in there that might stop wireless tether from working? Tried barnacle also and has the same result. I can connect, but it won't give me an IP on my laptop and it allow internet traffic.
I've never used Barnacle. What version of Wireless Tether did you install? Is encryption enabled? If so, try changing the passphrase and SSID. Make sure they match on the PC you're trying to connect with. Do you have a different PC you can try connecting with to rule out a possible issue with the PC you're using?
Old 11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I'm sure 5 months doesnt qualify as a "long time user" but I've seen that issue before (not on OMJ) and like you couldn't find concrete solutions. It was very random so hard to pin down. It just stopped occurring on its own. Weird.
The most common Google hits for me came up with some type of issue with Contacts and/or sync, maybe after a few syncs yours will clear up too?
You try wiping Cache and Dalvik? May clear out some files throwing your device a curveball?
I know the "Cross Your Fingers and Hope It Goes Away" technique isnt the most advanced tech support but it's all I got.
Good luck.
LOL! Yeah, I was coming to the same conclusion that it seemed to have something to do with contacts or syncing as well. Haven't seen it yet this morning and did all kinds of stuff yesterday so who the hell knows what or if I fixed it! lol ... even tried to search a little to see if anybody knew what the heck process.adroid.acore was or was controlling but no luck... heard everything from...
- Oh it's a corrupted contact in google
- Do a factory reset
-Send you phone back in and/or get a knew one (lol, we geekers always want to fix ourselves right?)
- (old posts) oh well maybe 2.1 will fix it when it comes out
- and a multitude of ... I removed this or that app that was causing it and it fixed it! ... yeah right!

My Conclusion - Nobody knows what the hell it is or what causes it! hehe

Quote:
I ran into that issue on my mom's unrooted HTC Hero. With it being unrooted there wasn't much I could do in regards to diagnostics, in the end a factory reset resolved the issue.

Like IKS said, you could try wiping Dalvik-Cache and see if that helps.
I'd also try using Calkulin's Clear Temp .zip.

If either of those don't help, do a NAND backup, then copy the data.img from the backup to your SDK folder on PC. Do a full wipe (factory data reset, twice...dalvik-cache wipe, twice). If you wanted to be thorough you could use Calkulin's FORMAT ALL .zip. Then reflash the ROM and follow the steps a couple of pages back on OMJ's process of restoring the data.img file to put you back to where you were prior to flashing (data, settings, etc).
Yeah, Calk's clear temp was going to be my next attack this morning but it seems to have gone away??

... and know I just re-flashed 4.0 so we'll see if it shows back up again now that it's gone LOL! (flash-a-holic!)
Old 11-20-2010, 03:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:

I've seen the "process.android.acore" error recently too. The 1st time I've seen it was on these newer ROMs.

I've been reading some comments about the 3.30 ROM not being meant for EVO versions 1-3, and causing bad battery life. Battery life to my seems not as good...

any thoughts anyone?

Quote:
@ OMJ, you ever hear back from Cyanogen about implementing the IE6 user agent setting?

nope, sorry

Quote:
New version of Market, 2.12.

It should silently update itself...but if not, there is a flashable .zip attached.
(Will overwrite Vending.apk in /system/app)
thanks man!
Old 11-20-2010, 04:54 PM
Postwhoring VIP
Pocket PC: MoPho Ray Tube!!!

OR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIPOR78 is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to OR78

I agree with you on the battery life OMJ. Doesnt seem as solid as before. As for the process.android.acore errors, I too have had a few of those issues since playing with the 3.30 version. It especially fails when I am messing with my contact, text messages and syncing of contact. I'm curious if this has anything to do with contact pictures not showing in text messages even though they are in my address book. I did run the 'fix permissions' in ROM manager and it seemed to have minimized the errors too btw. Placebo? Eh, who knows....

Give some

Last edited by OR78; 11-20-2010 at 04:59 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development