View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 12:04 PM
Vancer
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.0 | FroYo 3.30.651.3 | *Updated 11/17/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I'm sure 5 months doesnt qualify as a "long time user" but I've seen that issue before (not on OMJ) and like you couldn't find concrete solutions. It was very random so hard to pin down. It just stopped occurring on its own. Weird.
The most common Google hits for me came up with some type of issue with Contacts and/or sync, maybe after a few syncs yours will clear up too?
You try wiping Cache and Dalvik? May clear out some files throwing your device a curveball?
I know the "Cross Your Fingers and Hope It Goes Away" technique isnt the most advanced tech support but it's all I got.
Good luck.
LOL! Yeah, I was coming to the same conclusion that it seemed to have something to do with contacts or syncing as well. Haven't seen it yet this morning and did all kinds of stuff yesterday so who the hell knows what or if I fixed it! lol ... even tried to search a little to see if anybody knew what the heck process.adroid.acore was or was controlling but no luck... heard everything from...
- Oh it's a corrupted contact in google
- Do a factory reset
-Send you phone back in and/or get a knew one (lol, we geekers always want to fix ourselves right?)
- (old posts) oh well maybe 2.1 will fix it when it comes out
- and a multitude of ... I removed this or that app that was causing it and it fixed it! ... yeah right!

My Conclusion - Nobody knows what the hell it is or what causes it! hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
I ran into that issue on my mom's unrooted HTC Hero. With it being unrooted there wasn't much I could do in regards to diagnostics, in the end a factory reset resolved the issue.

Like IKS said, you could try wiping Dalvik-Cache and see if that helps.
I'd also try using Calkulin's Clear Temp .zip.

If either of those don't help, do a NAND backup, then copy the data.img from the backup to your SDK folder on PC. Do a full wipe (factory data reset, twice...dalvik-cache wipe, twice). If you wanted to be thorough you could use Calkulin's FORMAT ALL .zip. Then reflash the ROM and follow the steps a couple of pages back on OMJ's process of restoring the data.img file to put you back to where you were prior to flashing (data, settings, etc).
Yeah, Calk's clear temp was going to be my next attack this morning but it seems to have gone away??

... and know I just re-flashed 4.0 so we'll see if it shows back up again now that it's gone LOL! (flash-a-holic!)