Old 02-22-2011, 02:44 PM
Fat Tony
PPCGeeks Regular

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

To those who are not happy with battery life:

1: Go stock for a few days. You'll see that this is about 10 to 15% better then stock.

2: Use another ROM for a few days. You'll see that they are slightly higher / lower then stock depending on tweaks and radios etc.

3: Cache cleaner, AutoKiller Memory, Autorun manager, all free. They allow you to see what is running and for a small donation (two bucks works, they ask for five but I got full version for two) you can set it up to only allow certain apps run in the back.

Example: FootPrints, Flicker, Navigation, etc. love to run in the background and eat up resources. Click them to only start when you went them to and they don't start or "self restart" without your permission. My stock battery goes about 18 hours with medium/heavy use.

Right now I'm too cheap to buy the Seidio 3500 battery. I am using the cheapy ebay battery and my stock. I swap out batteries at about 10%.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.