View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 AM
TREmp77
Almost a VIP

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer1000r View Post
I've been using OMJ's roms since the Evo's release, and they're fantastic, thanks OMJ for all your hard work.

I recently upgraded to v4.5, and my phone has taken a turn for the worse. Since I started flashing OMJ's roms in June of 2010, I don't think my phone has re-started itself more than a handful of times. When I flashed v4.5, it developed a crash habit and it re-starts itself on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times in a row before I'm able to stabilize it.

I tried backing it down to v4.4, then v4.2, then v4.1 with no luck. I finally just did a factory reset and we'll see what happens. Anyone have any thoughts on this? My phone has never been "buggy" and i'm a developer myself so I'm not new at this.

My gut feel is that some of the "speed" enhancements that aamikam did to improve the speed may have removed some of the error trapping code, which in turn could lead to memory leaks and thus spontaneous crashing on a regular basis. OMJ, any chance you might re-instate the base you used in v4.4 that seemed more stable? I would gladly sacrifice a little speed for a phone that doesn't reboot in the middle of a phone call.

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
B
I think 4.2 was the last one before he switched to aamikams base. So question, when going from 4.2 to 4.3 or above did you wipe completely, factory wipe? Since he changed the base it was recommended to do so, when switching between those roms.