PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2011, 04:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

CYNICALifornia is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.5 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 1/23/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo Slice View Post
i just tried to reinstall the zip from recovery so i would hope so. Is there a way i can check it? i'm trying everyway possible to get this damn 4g to work lol
Try this app

It says my RSA Key is present, not that you care . . .
Old 02-15-2011, 04:24 PM
Lurker

Timbo Slice is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNICALifornia View Post
Try this app

It says my RSA Key is present, not that you care . . .

Sure does tell me the RSA key is present. Now i'm going even more nuts. I was hoping it was missing so it would be a simple fix. Thanks for the reference Cali
Old 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Touch Pro 2

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
i just tried to reinstall the zip from recovery so i would hope so. Is there a way i can check it? i'm trying everyway possible to get this damn 4g to work lol
In the market you can try wimax checker. It will tell you if you have it or not.

Too Slow I guess.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Hey OMJ? Can you put the stocks app back in on your next update? I suck at pushing shit through adb. Thx bro!!
Old 02-15-2011, 05:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
I have been using OMJ roms (or at least using them as a base and tweaking them) since my Vogue days and like Cynical said..

If OMJ says it... you can pretty much take it to the bank! He always does an excellent job of testing before he releases anything to us. I can promise you if anyone is having battery problems it is not a function of the rom. It's going to come down to the phone (diff phones behave differently with varrying kernels, but the HTC one that is used will be most consistent for all phones), the various settings you have set on your phone, and various user usage which is very subjective. ie.. what one person may call moderate usage may mean something entirely different to what another user may consider moderate usage.
Yeah, obviously I feel the same way about OMJ's cooking ability as I am using his ROM as opposed to the other gazillion ROM's out there lol.

All I know is- same stock kernel, same apps/data/settings (restored with Titanium), same usage pattern, etc., etc. I get great battery life on 4.2 and not so good on 4.5. I tried the same Mikfroyo ROM that OMJ's 4.5 is based off of ( same batt,apps,usage yada yada) and had the same results there. Maybe it is indeed a phone to phone thing.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:51 AM
Lurker

Timbo Slice is a n00b

quick question, how would i go about clearing everything and doing a fresh install of OMJ? i tried to wipe data and install rom again but it didnt seem to make a difference. Still no 4g working. It says connecting to sprint.... disconnected.... scanning..... connecting to sprint disconnected. it goes from connecting to sprint to disconnected super fast. so it finds 4g but wont connect.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

jstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjstn76rs is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
quick question, how would i go about clearing everything and doing a fresh install of OMJ? i tried to wipe data and install rom again but it didnt seem to make a difference. Still no 4g working. It says connecting to sprint.... disconnected.... scanning..... connecting to sprint disconnected. it goes from connecting to sprint to disconnected super fast. so it finds 4g but wont connect.
Go into recovery (i use amanra 2.3), wipe, Wipe All userdata/factory reset , Then wipe cache, then I wipe dalvik cache, then finally data. Then you should be good to flash zip.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:24 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
So OMJ, you will be cooking something fresh for us then? If so, can't wait.
sorry, not working on a new ROM at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Alright, so Ive been away from these forums for months, so excuse me if this has been answered before. But, what's up with the GPS? If using Google Nav it takes a long time to lock in on my location. And if I use Foursquare theres times where it puts me way off from where I am and sometimes wont refresh. Any clues?
not seeing any issues here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8or View Post
omj, i dont know anything about cooking or the kitchens, but, for instance, is it possible to use a different bluetooth stack than the htc one or would that break sense?

the guy that's coding that blueputdroid program i was testing, says from what he understands there's something in the stock htc stack that limits what it can do.
i'd rather not flash cyanogenmod or anything like that to try it if its possible to just switch stacks
anythings possible, but I know nothing about the BT stack.....if there is info/files out there that fix it or replace it, I can add to the ROM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBecker View Post
Update ... After reflashing from 4.5 to 4.4 to 4.5, it seems to fix my reboot issue. It was really strange. It only reset on me once today, but that was because the BT disconnected and I used Vlingo this morning. It always resets if the BT disconnects (buggy software).

As for battery life. I have to say this. I use my phone from 6am til 6pm every day with my BT in my ear. I get the same battery life no matter what rom I'm using (pretty much). Depending on the number of a calls (and length) and tethering, I might have to charge in the car a bit on the road. It's no more than what I had with my TP2 phone. I'm happy with the battery life mainly because I got a big phone and it does what I want.

A new BT stack would be nice. Tired of having it cut off when giving me direction.

HOWEVER ... I do have one question. Where is Titanium Backup on this ROM? After flashing 30 times, I can guarantee it's not in either 4.4 or 4.5. I had to download it to restore my settings. It does not show up in the menu. Also ... reinstalling the removed apps seems to be an impossible task. Nothing I did would get Footprints back. It won't flash, moved it to /system (no go)... dunno what to do next. Even tried a flashable version that someone posted. It said it was corrupt and invalid. So I gave up.
TB is in the ROM, just open the zip file & check in OMJ_EVO_2.2_Froyo_v4.5_deodexed.zip\data\app\

do u have apps2sd setup?

as far as pushing removed apps back to system\app....I found this post in aamikams thread, I don't know it to be a fact but he says you have to set permissions after pushing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklong03
It is hit and miss when pasting...from my experience, pure "apps" mostly will transfer using cut and paste (Widgets not so much), but you MUST SET PERMISSIONS after you paste them into the /system/app directory. That means "long press" the app you just pasted and scroll down the options "Set Permissions" to "644" which in the graphical display in Root Explorer means "User=RW", "Group=R" and "Others=R".

I personally have not had much experience doing it this way, I am mostly at home around my computer and find
Code:
adb remount" 
followed by 
adb pull /sdcard/Removed_Apps/"appfullname" . (the dot after the space following the app you want puts the pulled file in whatever MS-Dos directory you are in when you issue the adb command) and then push the file by:
adb push "appfullname" /system/app

and then:
adb reboot
is more foolproof for me at least.
Edit: the reason the Widgets don't like the "Copy in Root Explorer" seems to be the fact that they retain the "system" and "sdcard_r" Owner and Group properties when they are cut and pasted. (any real experts out there that can help us out on this??)
the guy also started this thread with more info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by htcJohn View Post
You are correct... Each platform and use of the phone is different... You still can't argue though... that my phone usage is the same as with 4.2 and now 4.5. My phone sits and idles all day with a few texts here and there and emails every so often... No changes made any different on the new 4.5rom when upgrading so I don't see why the increase in drastic battery lost.

However, I do see the increase in resource uses when I go to the battery monitor with 4.5 (with nothing changed of course and only the upgrade from 4.2 to 4.5). I'm sure it's a fluke so be it that it is. Too bad for me with the crappy battery life. Once I get sick of it, i'll probably switch back to 4.2 again.
the difference between 4.2 & 4.5 is 4.2 is based on the stock RUU, and 4.5 is based off aamikams re-engineered rom. 4.5 should technically have better battery life, but who knows....

I'm not a heavy user, there are times my phone sits idle awhile too....I've made it a habit to bump charge every morning, even though I don't need the extra battery.....every morning when I 1st take it off the charger, it's down to 95% within minutes, then around 90% soon after. I charge back up to 100%, and it makes a big difference....right now after 5 hrs, I'm at 88%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYNICALifornia View Post
You DO have Google Talk, it is a system app and is required for you Market login. So, check it's settings as suggested, and don't delete it.
yep, and by default it auto starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstn76rs View Post
Have you checked to see if your wimax keys are still there?
off topic but I just got back from La Crosse for 2 weeks, never went to Freight House or piggies though Freight house is right across the street from my office.....the locals said it was real expensive, and didn't wanna go w/ lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Hey OMJ? Can you put the stocks app back in on your next update? I suck at pushing shit through adb. Thx bro!!
but then u would miss out on the adb fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
Yeah, obviously I feel the same way about OMJ's cooking ability as I am using his ROM as opposed to the other gazillion ROM's out there lol.

All I know is- same stock kernel, same apps/data/settings (restored with Titanium), same usage pattern, etc., etc. I get great battery life on 4.2 and not so good on 4.5. I tried the same Mikfroyo ROM that OMJ's 4.5 is based off of ( same batt,apps,usage yada yada) and had the same results there. Maybe it is indeed a phone to phone thing.
must be something w/ his base then....

oh & btw....it's been over 2 weeks since I've emailed Koush (ROM MGR dev) to update my new script path....still havent heard from him.....just sent another email, if I don't get a response, ROM Manager will be pulled from my future ROMs!!!

Last edited by OMJ; 02-16-2011 at 02:39 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
off topic but I just got back from La Crosse for 2 weeks, never went to Freight House or piggies though Freight house is right across the street from my office.....the locals said it was real expensive, and didn't wanna go w/ lol
Maybe next time.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO!

Fat Tony is keeping up the good workFat Tony is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wooo Hooooo 600 pages!

Sorry. My life sux so much that small things get me excited.
Isaiah 43:2 When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development