PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 04:56 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The link for Manila Locker is below. I just updated it today:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12#post5921312
Great. And thanks in advance for looking into the possibility of adding in a Voice Mail counter, when you have time.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
Thanks mwalt! ... you should link that in your sig as well

@OMJ (or anybody with answers) ... few questions:

1. Does anybody know the differences b/t the Ppl Msg classic mod and the amarullz No HTC Messaging Client mod?

2. Anybody know how to get the "favorites" button (left sofkey) on the internet tab to launch Opera bookmarks rather than IE Favs like Sense 2.1 does?

3. OMJ, is there going to be anything from the new TP2 Official Sprint Rom and it's Sense 2.5 that we are going to be able to rip off and port for our phones? For example, i read it already has htc messaging disabled and other bug fixes with Facebook integration???

Last edited by Vancer; 03-19-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
Thanks mwalt! ... you should link that in your sig as well

@OMJ (or anybody with answers) ... few questions:

1. Does anybody know the differences b/t the Ppl Msg classic mod and the amarullz No HTC Messaging Client mod?

2. Anybody know how to get the "favorites" button (left sofkey) on the internet tab to launch Opera bookmarks rather than IE Favs like Sense 2.1 does?

3. OMJ, is there going to be anything from the new TP2 Official Sprint Rom and it's Sense 2.5 that we are going to be able to rip off and port for our phones? For example, i read it already has htc messaging disabled and other bug fixes with Facebook integration???
1) I'm not real sure. For 2.5.2012, I use HTCSense_PeopleMessagingClassic_2.0.1 and like it since it works with arcsoft mms and has a sense-like interface if you write texts from within sense contacts.

2) Mine launches opera. I don't cook a browser in and cab install opera10. Just choose yes when it asks if you want it default.

3) Unfortunately, htc did not include a messaging client with the new sprint rom. To me, that means sprint's server must not be compatible with it. I'm working on porting the dialer to get an updated CDMA dialer (though I don't know if it's cdma only since it can do the tp2 is both cdma and gsm). I haven't noticed anything wrong with it on my phone, but I can't get the ## codes to work.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:59 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
1) I'm not real sure. For 2.5.2012, I use HTCSense_PeopleMessagingClassic_2.0.1 and like it since it works with arcsoft mms and has a sense-like interface if you write texts from within sense contacts.
So what happens if you tap on a message in the messaging tab? Does it launch WM Native or a Sense interface? Also, what does it launch when you hit "all messages" or the "compose new text" icon?

Quote:
2) Mine launches opera. I don't cook a browser in and cab install opera10. Just choose yes when it asks if you want it default.
hmmm, I cab install Opera 9.7 and my shortcuts launch in Opera and the globe icon launches Opera, but the "favorites" left softkey launches the IE Favorites interface. Do you have the "HTC Bookmark" package installed on you rom? I read it was one of the dependencies... (i checked to make sure Opera was set as default which it is, but not sure if I told it to be default after the cab install process if that would make a difference)

Quote:
3) Unfortunately, htc did not include a messaging client with the new sprint rom. To me, that means sprint's server must not be compatible with it. I'm working on porting the dialer to get an updated CDMA dialer (though I don't know if it's cdma only since it can do the tp2 is both cdma and gsm). I haven't noticed anything wrong with it on my phone, but I can't get the ## codes to work.
cool ... anything new or different with the new dialer? I'm still using the Rhodium.

Thanks!
Old 03-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started

heyyy mwalt....would be more than happy and willing to be a tester and help you port over that cdma dialer...

just wondering, i heard indagroove said that the sprint rom sucked...however the OEM drivers and native kernel was improved...just wondering if we can use any of the TP2 OEM Drivers or even the native kernel...heard the TP2 and TP are very similiar other than the screen resolution. whats stopping us from using that kernel and drivers?
Old 03-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancer View Post
if u did want...i personally used some of their sense packages when i created my rom....i actually used a bunch of sense packages from the latest sprint packages..and latest leo (tmobile/telestra) packages...

most of the sprint packages are newer than the ported sense we're using and it does still work with our ported vga packages...
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
heyyy mwalt....would be more than happy and willing to be a tester and help you port over that cdma dialer...

just wondering, i heard indagroove said that the sprint rom sucked...however the OEM drivers and native kernel was improved...just wondering if we can use any of the TP2 OEM Drivers or even the native kernel...heard the TP2 and TP are very similiar other than the screen resolution. whats stopping us from using that kernel and drivers?
I doubt the kernal would work. The TP2 is a worldphone (CDMA+GSM) and I'm sure that makes some changes in the kernal. However, it would probably just give a non-booter ROM. I think the only way to really brick these phones is to flash a wrong radio. Some drivers might work, but others won't. I read at xda that the reason we can't use the new HTCVolumeControl packages with 6.5.x is because of our older keypad.dll (I tried a new one from topaz and no hard keys worked ).
Old 03-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I doubt the kernal would work. The TP2 is a worldphone (CDMA+GSM) and I'm sure that makes some changes in the kernal. However, it would probably just give a non-booter ROM. I think the only way to really brick these phones is to flash a wrong radio. Some drivers might work, but others won't. I read at xda that the reason we can't use the new HTCVolumeControl packages with 6.5.x is because of our older keypad.dll (I tried a new one from topaz and no hard keys worked ).
humm good interesting information

i wonder whats the worst that can happen if i flash the wrong native kernel.....i'm no expert, but other than the wvga screen and the world phone capabilities, from my understanding the TP and TP2 are using similar, if not the same hardware.

if that is the case, then us diamond users might have some benefit from it then.

i'm willing to try, just scared i'll end up with no phone at all.
Old 03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

Quote:
yo mwalt you got a thread for the new dailer? and what rom is it from? are you talking about the updated for the tp2?
Old 03-22-2010, 08:29 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
thx again for updating this man!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development