View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 09:36 PM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
heyyy mwalt....would be more than happy and willing to be a tester and help you port over that cdma dialer...

just wondering, i heard indagroove said that the sprint rom sucked...however the OEM drivers and native kernel was improved...just wondering if we can use any of the TP2 OEM Drivers or even the native kernel...heard the TP2 and TP are very similiar other than the screen resolution. whats stopping us from using that kernel and drivers?
I doubt the kernal would work. The TP2 is a worldphone (CDMA+GSM) and I'm sure that makes some changes in the kernal. However, it would probably just give a non-booter ROM. I think the only way to really brick these phones is to flash a wrong radio. Some drivers might work, but others won't. I read at xda that the reason we can't use the new HTCVolumeControl packages with 6.5.x is because of our older keypad.dll (I tried a new one from topaz and no hard keys worked ).