PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2010, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Mono View Post
I decided to have a go at it. Downloaded 23544, went through all the drag/drop until I had everything in place and voila, it works. I wouldn't know to recmod(?) if my life depended on it so it was nice to see it actually work. Nevertheless I look forward to a certified OMJ complete kitchen. And as far as speed is concerned, it may be a bit faster but I was more than satisfied with my previous 23541/2012 build.
El Mono
P.S during the building process I actually got a message "timebomb removed successfully" - or something along those lines.
Some of the 6.5.x builds have a time-limit built into the SYS. Evrius visual kitchen automatically patches the SYS so that it will not 'expire'. That is what the message refers to.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND

hasseye is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

i feel that its not so much speed improvement (which i feel is huge)...but its a couple thigns

And not having to recmod and worry about slot 0 is HUGE...new SYS are always coming out...having able to just throw them in and cookk is a good feeling

The stability on it is also improved...but again all these things might just be in my head? lol

either way im happy we got our own 6.5 nk.exe

gives us some new life in our phones.

i replaced all the 2012 sense vga files in the kitchen, but nothign else...so im assuming when the new ktichen is released my phone could be even more stable and smooth....

FYI new SYS are about to be released on XDA any minute now
Old 03-10-2010, 03:27 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasseye View Post
i feel that its not so much speed improvement (which i feel is huge)...but its a couple thigns

And not having to recmod and worry about slot 0 is HUGE...new SYS are always coming out...having able to just throw them in and cookk is a good feeling

The stability on it is also improved...but again all these things might just be in my head? lol

either way im happy we got our own 6.5 nk.exe

gives us some new life in our phones.

i replaced all the 2012 sense vga files in the kitchen, but nothign else...so im assuming when the new ktichen is released my phone could be even more stable and smooth....

FYI new SYS are about to be released on XDA any minute now
Tick tock.
Tick tock.

Sorry. Just being a jerk.
=========
Now that I'm done being stupid... can someone provide a link to where these new files are posted?

Last edited by Trident; 03-10-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

OMJ: Good ROM Too bad my diamond is on the fritz and I will be replacing it by months end =(

Did notice something though, if you have not already,
I would recommend adding the second phcanImages (phcanImages2.dll) to the preload the dll with this reg entry. (the first is already preloaded)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\PreloadModules\phca nImage2]
"Module"="\\windows\\phcanImages2.dll"
"Order"=dword:000000ff

If not what happens is the images are not loaded into memory on boot and you will get the issue where phcanvga does not work sometimes (resulting in the call and end buttons being off the bottom of the screen), especially after a reboot. Most dialers don't seperate the two files, you usually only get one big phcanImages.dll which is most likely how it was missed in the first place.

I would also recommend reversemodding (i.e return to the following phonecanvas dlls to make the dialer more responsive.

ddcall.dll
DPadMenu.dll
phcanhtc.dll
phcanrc.dll
phcanvga.exe
PhoneAdvanced.dll
smartdialuiext.dll

but you may want to test that seperatly You'll definitely want to preload the dll though.
edit: note you don't want to go find modules from other dialer packages to do this as their contents are different and will not work.

Continue the good work

Last edited by omnicronx; 03-10-2010 at 03:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
ok.. so from what i saw so far... not using lzx might have to be the way to go if u wanna feel the speed.
for my rom i posted two versions and pretty much every one agrees that non lzx version is faster.
so try to cook no lzx... maybe then you'll feel the difference better.
and don't forget to un recmod some things in the oem.
thx man

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
OMJ: Good ROM Too bad my diamond is on the fritz and I will be replacing it by months end =(

Did notice something though, if you have not already,
I would recommend adding the second phcanImages (phcanImages2.dll) to the preload the dll with this reg entry. (the first is already preloaded)

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\PreloadModules\phca nImage2]
"Module"="\\windows\\phcanImages2.dll"
"Order"=dword:000000ff

If not what happens is the images are not loaded into memory on boot and you will get the issue where phcanvga does not work sometimes (resulting in the call and end buttons being off the bottom of the screen), especially after a reboot. Most dialers don't seperate the two files, you usually only get one big phcanImages.dll which is most likely how it was missed in the first place.

I would also recommend reversemodding (i.e return to the following phonecanvas dlls to make the dialer more responsive.

ddcall.dll
DPadMenu.dll
phcanhtc.dll
phcanrc.dll
phcanvga.exe
PhoneAdvanced.dll
smartdialuiext.dll

but you may want to test that seperatly You'll definitely want to preload the dll though.
edit: note you don't want to go find modules from other dialer packages to do this as their contents are different and will not work.

Continue the good work
ahh, thx for the info, never knew that....that explain why some ppl were reporting that issue....though I've never seen it.

and thx for the reminder about reverse-recmodding in the dialer, forgot about them.....i recmodded so much stuff, I forget which ones I did.

*EDIT* I just checked the original dialer package....these files were already files, not modules:

ddcall.dll
DPadMenu.dll
phcanhtc.dll
phcanrc.dll
phcanvga.exe
PhoneAdvanced.dll
smartdialuiext.dll

btw....I thought u got a new phone?

Last edited by OMJ; 03-10-2010 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
*EDIT* I just checked the original dialer package....these files were already files, not modules:

ddcall.dll
DPadMenu.dll
phcanhtc.dll
phcanrc.dll
phcanvga.exe
PhoneAdvanced.dll
smartdialuiext.dll
Not sure why all they are all files in his package, but there will always be a slight loading benefit for modules over files. If you look at pretty much any official package, they are modules. Some thing benefit others don't, but from my testing the dialer just seemed to load a tiny bit faster... of course I could just be crazy.. so test it out yourself
Quote:
btw....I thought u got a new phone?
Ugh.. I got a stupid palm pre for free but I can't activate it for a month.. so I have not decided what I am going to do yet. You know you can't even use the thing until they activate it, similar to the iPhone...
Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Not sure why all they are all files in his package, but there will always be a slight loading benefit for modules over files. If you look at pretty much any official package, they are modules. Some thing benefit others don't, but from my testing the dialer just seemed to load a tiny bit faster... of course I could just be crazy.. so test it out yourself

Ugh.. I got a stupid palm pre for free but I can't activate it for a month.. so I have not decided what I am going to do yet. You know you can't even use the thing until they activate it, similar to the iPhone...
I've also noticed a benefit in using the older rhodium dialer with modules instead of files. I also made phcanvga.exe into a module (calk use to in his kitchen). I haven't been having any positioning problems since I've done this. The leo dialer always worked well for me regardless, but I like the thought of being able to dial 911 (and have ## codes work) and have switched to the cdma rhodium dialer for now.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:28 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

JZR is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I've also noticed a benefit in using the older rhodium dialer with modules instead of files. I also made phcanvga.exe into a module (calk use to in his kitchen). I haven't been having any positioning problems since I've done this. The leo dialer always worked well for me regardless, but I like the thought of being able to dial 911 (and have ## codes work) and have switched to the cdma rhodium dialer for now.
Do we know that 911 won't work with the Leo dialer? I've heard people speculate about that, but obviously can't test it. I like the Facebook integration, but not at the expense of the ability to make emergency calls.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

MikeEx is becoming a great contributor

I'm sure the 911 code is handled by your provider and not by the phone dialer.
It's a tone code for the operator's system to interpret.

And thanks for the tips on what we should re-module.
Also amikam for the edited nk. I haven't run into any problems.
Radio: Sprint Radio V1.11.00F

Last edited by MikeEx; 03-11-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZR View Post
Do we know that 911 won't work with the Leo dialer? I've heard people speculate about that, but obviously can't test it. I like the Facebook integration, but not at the expense of the ability to make emergency calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeEx View Post
I'm sure the 911 code is handled by your provider and not by the phone dialer.
It's a tone code for the operator's system to interpret.

And thanks for the tips on what we should re-module.
Also amikam for the edited nk. I haven't run into any problems.
The dialer does not work for 911 if you have ## codes functioning. If you don't care about ## codes, you can make it work with 911 using the registry setting below:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="ddcall.dll"
This needs to be set to "PhoneCanvas.dll" for ## codes, which causes the phone to lock up if you dial 911. A GSM phonecanvas cannot do both. The VGA Rhodium CDMA dialer can. If you still don't believe me, go read this post and some of the posts leading up to the one I linked.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development