View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
mwalt2
VIP Member

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Not sure why all they are all files in his package, but there will always be a slight loading benefit for modules over files. If you look at pretty much any official package, they are modules. Some thing benefit others don't, but from my testing the dialer just seemed to load a tiny bit faster... of course I could just be crazy.. so test it out yourself

Ugh.. I got a stupid palm pre for free but I can't activate it for a month.. so I have not decided what I am going to do yet. You know you can't even use the thing until they activate it, similar to the iPhone...
I've also noticed a benefit in using the older rhodium dialer with modules instead of files. I also made phcanvga.exe into a module (calk use to in his kitchen). I haven't been having any positioning problems since I've done this. The leo dialer always worked well for me regardless, but I like the thought of being able to dial 911 (and have ## codes work) and have switched to the cdma rhodium dialer for now.