PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 12:10 PM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

JZR is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
The dialer does not work for 911 if you have ## codes functioning. If you don't care about ## codes, you can make it work with 911 using the registry setting below:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DialParser]
"DLL-OEM"="ddcall.dll"
This needs to be set to "PhoneCanvas.dll" for ## codes, which causes the phone to lock up if you dial 911. A GSM phonecanvas cannot do both. The VGA Rhodium CDMA dialer can. If you still don't believe me, go read this post and some of the posts leading up to the one I linked.
Thanks for the info. I made the regedit. ## codes are nice, but not critical like emergency calls.
Old 03-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense Kitchen v1.9 | WM 6.x / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/16/1

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I made the regedit. ## codes are nice, but not critical like emergency calls.
Perhaps two cabs should be added to the phone codes section to enable/disable this reg.

I can confirm this does work though ## codes don't even work for me so I always have it set to allow for 911 calls. (and weirdly enough, called 911 for the first time last week )
Old 03-11-2010, 02:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
thx man

ahh, thx for the info, never knew that....that explain why some ppl were reporting that issue....though I've never seen it.

and thx for the reminder about reverse-recmodding in the dialer, forgot about them.....i recmodded so much stuff, I forget which ones I did.
Hey Buddy,

If you get time could you make sure to do this to the Rhodium dialer as well for the updated kitchen? Haven't made the switch to the Leo dialer casuse my OCD goes crazy when there are buttons that don't function lol (the GSM stuff)

All Others...

Gonna make a small contribution for those out there that are crazy (OCD) like me... I have always liked the size and spacing with the classic blue tsk (in file explorer, menus, email inboxes, well pretty much everywhere), but even with menu enhancement on certain apps you will still see the blue stuff when everything else with Sense 2.5 is green (comm mgr, sounds & display tab, checkboxes, dialer, and the damn Task Mgr dropdown highlight!, etc...) I know you can skin some of the stuff in the kitchen with blue but they didn't all really match too well... especially didn't like the blue on the talk button on the blue dialer skin.

SO... I finally figured out how to make a Classic Green Tsk

It is almost identical to the Classic Blue except for everywhere it is blue this one is green (even the task mgr dropdown highlight for those of us using 6.5)

I haven't had time to make it into an EXT yet, but wanted to get it uploaded... Maybe OMJ will like it and do so for us and put it in the updated kitchen if not I will do so later.

Just take the files in the zip file and put them in your \windows then go find Classis Gree.tsk, tap it, then goto settings and select Classic Green

Hope some ppl like it! Now I'm all color coordinated and my OCD is very pleased!!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Classic Green.zip (85.8 KB, 7 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-11-2010, 05:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

El Mono is just getting started

Thanks Vancer. I've always preferred the look of green too. I didn't even realize until recently that you can change those in the kitchen (usually pick green or grey to minimize the blue).
BTW, it always amazes/frustrates me how my ocd can rear its ugly head at certain times (ie, during flashing).
El Mono
Old 03-12-2010, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

can someone please upload their 23541 Sys (the original without being recmodded)? I am cooking a new rom with a few changes and wanted to try out the sys..thanks!

i saw the 23541 rollup posted at xda but I can't figure out what files I need to change/delete to make it work with our diamonds/kitchen. if someone can help me out with that, i'd appreciate it. I want to learn to repackage these new sys so that I can contribute a little more to the site. as always, any help is appreciated!

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 03-12-2010, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
can someone please upload their 23541 Sys (the original without being recmodded)? I am cooking a new rom with a few changes and wanted to try out the sys..thanks!

i saw the 23541 rollup posted at xda but I can't figure out what files I need to change/delete to make it work with our diamonds/kitchen. if someone can help me out with that, i'd appreciate it. I want to learn to repackage these new sys so that I can contribute a little more to the site. as always, any help is appreciated!
Always good to learn how to do it yourself . Just download the roll up and extract it. Run XIPDumpSort.exe (attached). Set target folder as root of extracted roll up. Click clean (removes files inside of modules if present) and click Sort with 'Into SYS layout for Ervius...'. Then click Go. It will put everything in it's proper place. Then just copy the 192, 192_480_640, and Shared folders into a 23541 folder inside SYS of your kitchen. Copy MSXIPKernal to /Kitchen/ROM/Shared/23541. That should be all you have to do.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Dumpsorter.zip (57.2 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Always good to learn how to do it yourself . Just download the roll up and extract it. Run XIPDumpSort.exe (attached). Set target folder as root of extracted roll up. Click clean (removes files inside of modules if present) and click Sort with 'Into SYS layout for Ervius...'. Then click Go. It will put everything in it's proper place. Then just copy the 192, 192_480_640, and Shared folders into a 23541 folder inside SYS of your kitchen. Copy MSXIPKernal to /Kitchen/ROM/Shared/23541. That should be all you have to do.
Thanks man!!! Yeah, I always get excited when new things are released but I usually have to wait until its made ready for our devices.

But, now that I've finally gotten a hold of cooking roms (thanks to OMJ's guide) I thought the next step would be to start learning how to do some of the basic things to update the kitchen like packaging and adding a new SYS.

I'm not getting too ambitious but I eventually want to be able to mess around with manila files and try making a few mods. But that's a VERY long way down the road.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
like the recmodding script....dumpsorter saves alotttttt of time
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

ok, here's the updated kitchen...I weeded out the older SYS's, they were recmodded anyways. I also left in Sense 1921 for those still using it.

OMJ Sense Kitchen v2.0

DOWNLOAD
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Thanks, Ken ... a neat surprise for a quiet friday evening.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development