PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
Nosey: where are you changing the settings for BandSwitch? It looks like just the app I need so I installed it.
open BandSwitch
check close idle conn
set the limit to 60 sec
Then soft reset your phone and it should disconnect the data
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:31 AM
JZR
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

JZR is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeas2 View Post
whats the difference between the LZX and non LZX? Thanks!
LZX ROM uses compression, which allows more free space, but runs a little slower.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:31 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagat View Post
omj...u r roms r the best ...i like 23541 on 2/26, but 23544 u got from amikam...is really slower that 23541...juss wanted to let u know...i'm sure u know...thanx 1ce again

I cooked a 23541 ROM w/ 6.5 AKU, I left out the Cookie Monster mod.....I agree, it's much faster!
Old 03-12-2010, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Oh yes, and I may have found a bug in "Sense 2.5 2012 6.5.5 23544 v1.1 NO LZX"

Someone please attempt to reproduce and confirm:

Open the camera, then select "picture Theme" mode. I get this error:

"Unable to switch to the picture theme capture mode. Unable to load the default template"

I haven't been checking this feature on every release, so I don't know when it stopped working.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Hawaii Tom is just getting started

I've just always programmed the #9 speed dial to dial 911. Was it already supposed to do that automatically anyway? The 2 times I used it (traffic hazard realated), I got a red text display across the top that says it was in Emergency mode. After that, the phone behaved oddly for a while. Any clues?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I've just always programmed the #9 speed dial to dial 911. Was it already supposed to do that automatically anyway? The 2 times I used it (traffic hazard realated), I got a red text display across the top that says it was in Emergency mode. After that, the phone behaved oddly for a while. Any clues?
Yeah, 911 works if you set it to a speed dial with a GSM phone canvas and the ## code registry setting. You just can't actually dial 911 without it set to ddcall from what I understand (not that I've tested it ).
Old 03-12-2010, 01:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

fyyzer is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I cooked a 23541 ROM w/ 6.5 AKU, I left out the Cookie Monster mod.....I agree, it's much faster!
Yeah, I came from a 28014 rom of yours and I found that the Cookie Home Tab seems to make it it about a second slower when switching back to the Home Tab.

Are you thinking of upping this new 23541 without LZX?
Old 03-12-2010, 02:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
I just tried out mwalt's (the poster 2 posts above me) HDWall and I love the effect if gives my Diamond. I had used a similar transparency modification on my old Touch and also loved the effect. I find it makes the screen look and feel larger, and more aesthetically appealing.

Good job mwalt, and I hope you continue with it's development, maybe landscape support in the future ect.

Here's an example, notice the top & bottem bars are now transparent, making the screen seem larger:

Or just tell me where to find that background image file (windows dir?), as I could rip it from my old touch.
Glad you like it. I honestly thought there would be more interest in it. I've made 10 more cabs for 6.5 and 6.5.x and attached them to XDA. Click here.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
I used the reg edit to enable 911 and as expected, the phone codes (e.g. ##778#) no longer work from the dialer. But that's no problem because all the phone codes may still be accessed through the shortcuts in the Phone Codes folder even after the reg edit.

Since the phone codes can be accessed through shortcuts, and in the default configuration 911 does not work (with no other work around), I propose that 911 be enabled by default and that phone codes be disabled.

I would hate for some non-technical person using this ROM to need to call 911 only to have their phone lock up on them. It is the safer way.

What do you guys think?
That's a good idea, bobram. Plus, like you mentioned, the ## codes still work via OMJ's Phone Codes Folder Shortcuts with the 911 "DLL-OEM"="ddcall.dll" regedit enabled.

Quote:
Oh yes, and I may have found a bug in "Sense 2.5 2012 6.5.5 23544 v1.1 NO LZX"

Someone please attempt to reproduce and confirm:

Open the camera, then select "picture Theme" mode. I get this error:

"Unable to switch to the picture theme capture mode. Unable to load the default template"

I haven't been checking this feature on every release, so I don't know when it stopped working.
I reproduced and confirmed the theme capture mode default template error here as well.

Nevertheless, many many thanks OMJ for the great ROM work. Cheers! And... if it helps at all, lol..., I tested your last three 2.5 2012 6.5.5 builds, including fully loading them with a bum-load of third party apps as well as personal tweaks, and all three have worked well. Moreover, it's been tough to notice much difference in speed here between the old AKU 23541 with LZX and the Cookie Monster Mod added in, verses NK6.5 23544 combined with the cooked in Cookie Monster Mod, with or without LZX. The Cookie Monster Mod definitely slows down Sense 2.5 here on all three builds, compared to the old AKU 23541 without it.

In regard to the Cookie Monster Mod, I thought I'd mention that it has allowed me to add a row of four shortcut icons just above the slider icons on the home page. I just needed to use CHTEditor and select Auto Hide Call History, as well as disable VGA mode, and save the changes. The row of visible icons can be swiped left or right to show more icons, as long as you have Cookie Monster set to three pages. You can also swipe down and make the icons disappear. Please note that using Cookie Monster in WVGA mode is kind of funky though, due to the icons being so close to the slider icons. Plus the visible row of icons is hard to access when you actually slide up to view your normal CM 4x4 page of icons. Nonetheless, it's working here...

Thanks again OMJ!

Best to all,
R
Old 03-12-2010, 05:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Nosey: where are you changing the settings for BandSwitch? It looks like just the app I need so I installed it.

OMJ: what exactly is the issue between 911 and phone codes? BTW, I just don't see how your ROM can get better!

just run it, down at the bottom you check the box that says "close idle conn" and select the number of seconds

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development