PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhawk View Post
I noticed that in the latest version, stylus no longer has any effect on the phone (when removed). It doesn't wake up nor unlock. (can't remember if it was working or not in 23541)
its not the sys or the rom technically. its the 6.5 NK.exe from the TP that is used in the new roms. it breaks the wake up on stylus function. Its not a big deal to me since I dont really have need for it but hopefully someone can figure out what's causing it in the future.

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

Last edited by aeropatel; 03-12-2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitzilla View Post
I have had this problem with a few roms. I am currently using a Feb 26th version since I haven't had the time to flash and configure a new rom. After I had first flashed this rom I had this problem for the first few nights, which was very frustrating when you are using it as an alarm, but since then the problem has gone away. This rom has not locked up on me at all since those first few times.... Im not sure what causes this, but if you stick it out the problem might just go away.
I just had my phone lock up over night as well. Using version "Sense 2.5 2012 6.5.5 23544 v1.1 NO LZX"

The screen was black, buttons lights were off, and didn't respond when I pressed the power button so I though that battery had completely drained on me. However, when I plugged it in, the charging light did't light up, so I had to do a soft reset, after which I realized I had a good 50% charge on the battery still.

I'm thinking this is one of those difficult to pinpoint problems.

Last edited by bobram; 03-12-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:14 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
I used the reg edit to enable 911 and as expected, the phone codes (e.g. ##778#) no longer work from the dialer. But that's no problem because all the phone codes may still be accessed through the shortcuts in the Phone Codes folder even after the reg edit.

Since the phone codes can be accessed through shortcuts, and in the default configuration 911 does not work (with no other work around), I propose that 911 be enabled by default and that phone codes be disabled.

I would hate for some non-technical person using this ROM to need to call 911 only to have their phone lock up on them. It is the safer way.

What do you guys think?
yeah, I agree....already made the change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Oh yes, and I may have found a bug in "Sense 2.5 2012 6.5.5 23544 v1.1 NO LZX"

Someone please attempt to reproduce and confirm:

Open the camera, then select "picture Theme" mode. I get this error:

"Unable to switch to the picture theme capture mode. Unable to load the default template"

I haven't been checking this feature on every release, so I don't know when it stopped working.
thats probably because I deleted allthe templates when I was thining out the rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyyzer View Post
Yeah, I came from a 28014 rom of yours and I found that the Cookie Home Tab seems to make it it about a second slower when switching back to the Home Tab.

Are you thinking of upping this new 23541 without LZX?
yeah, well like I said, I cooked up a 23541 rom w/ no lzx & no cookie mod....I can upload it if anyone wants it, but it's what I'll be using for awhile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by apinkel View Post
First OMJ, thanks for the Sense 2.1 ROM. I know 2.5 is the latest and greatest but for some stupid reason I really like 2.1 and I'm not ready to move on up.

I've got one issue though... the Sense Settings tab isn't showing up. Did I just have a bad flash or is the ROM built that way?
I noticed that too, but it had been so long since I ran sense 2.1 I couldn't remember if there was a settings tab or not.....hmmmm....I'll have to look into that

I will say though, sense 2.1 is pretty fast
Old 03-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch diamond
Carrier: Bell

rgraham is a n00b

Please do upload that build with 23541 rom w/ no lzx & no cookie mod.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: MTS

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraham View Post
ditto
Old 03-12-2010, 05:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

I'm having an intermittent problem, and I can't figure out if it's the ROM or Sprint. There have been several instances today where calls have gone directly to my voicemail, with not so much as an acknowledgment from the phone that a call tried to come in (no ring, no missed call, just a voicemail indicator).

Normally I'd blame Sprint for that, but the first time I got the new voicemail indicator my phone completely froze when trying to unlock it. The standby button wouldn't turn the screen off, it wasn't accepting input, it was just stuck. I ended up having to soft reset. That part felt more like a ROM issue.

The second time I got a voicemail with no ring, I decided to try calling my phone from another line, and sure enough, straight to voicemail. I just tried calling it once more, though, and it rang through.

Strange.

Second question... now that I've installed Swype, any idea how I can set it as my default SIP? Soft reset seems to go back to the HTC keyboard. I'd also love to remote FingerKeyboard if I could since I never ever use it, but I don't know if that's possible since it's cooked in.

Edit: I'm running the non-compressed ROM that showed up a little while ago.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: intrepid, htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint, boost, t-mobile

lost_ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraham View Post
yes, please do
Old 03-12-2010, 05:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

So I just installed Opera 10 beta to internal storage. It seems to work fine, except when I try to open it from the Internet sense tab I get:
Quote:
The file 'Opera10-armv4i' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file.
Should I have not installed to internal storage?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

anyone know of a fix for the weather tab when roaming? I'm in an always roam mode (actually have it set to roam only) and I have checked the box to 1) allow weather updates when roaming and 2) in the roaming mode I checked it to allow and not ask and my weather doesn't update automatically, when I select to manually update, it states that I am roaming and wants to know if I want to continue

any ideas or fixes?
Old 03-12-2010, 06:16 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
So I just installed Opera 10 beta to internal storage. It seems to work fine, except when I try to open it from the Internet sense tab I get:

Should I have not installed to internal storage?
opens fine for me on the Internet tab.....mine is installed to Internal Storage
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development