PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 06:20 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Sense 2.5 2012 | 6.5.5 | 23541 | v1.2

DOWNLOAD

this rom seems to be pretty fast....I'm liking it!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

DOWNLOAD

New Rom? Cool! What's new in this one?

After flashing, to answermy own question:

cookie mod is out, and LZX compression is not used.

Oh yeah, and this ROM is feeling much more responsive than the previous. Cookie mod was cool and all with the call history and the extra program shortcuts, but it's far too sluggish for my liking. Good call OMJ.

Last edited by bobram; 03-12-2010 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

AngryCPA is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
New Rom? Cool! What's new in this one?

After flashing, to answermy own question:

cookie mod is out, and LZX compression is not used.

Oh yeah, and this ROM is feeling much more responsive than the previous. Cookie mod was cool and all with the call history and the extra program shortcuts, but it's far too sluggish for my liking. Good call OMJ.
About to upgrade from a January build, how is the available memory on this one without the compression?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryCPA View Post
About to upgrade from a January build, how is the available memory on this one without the compression?
I've installed some stuff so I can't tell you exactly, but I recall seeing 66mb free on the storage after the flash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:13 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Telus

tssi is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post

No Bubble Breaker? Any one have the CAB for that? I missed that game...
Old 03-12-2010, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tssi View Post
No Bubble Breaker? Any one have the CAB for that? I missed that game...
someone (i think OMJ) posted a cab for these games in this thread within the last month, sorry I can't be anymore specific.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:51 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Do your ROMS all include Voice Command? SASHIMI compliance?
I think with all these nice improvements I'm going to try Sense again.
Before I mess with building my own, I wanted to try one of your premade ROMs.

Last edited by Trident; 03-13-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Do your ROMS all include Voice Command? SASHIMI compliance?
I think with all these nice improvements I'm going to try Sense again.
Before I mess with building my own, I wanted to try one of your premade ROMs.
For sure yes regarding voice command, and I think so regarding sashimi
Old 03-13-2010, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

brc64 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc64 View Post
I'm having an intermittent problem, and I can't figure out if it's the ROM or Sprint. There have been several instances today where calls have gone directly to my voicemail, with not so much as an acknowledgment from the phone that a call tried to come in (no ring, no missed call, just a voicemail indicator).

Normally I'd blame Sprint for that, but the first time I got the new voicemail indicator my phone completely froze when trying to unlock it. The standby button wouldn't turn the screen off, it wasn't accepting input, it was just stuck. I ended up having to soft reset. That part felt more like a ROM issue.

The second time I got a voicemail with no ring, I decided to try calling my phone from another line, and sure enough, straight to voicemail. I just tried calling it once more, though, and it rang through.

Strange.

Second question... now that I've installed Swype, any idea how I can set it as my default SIP? Soft reset seems to go back to the HTC keyboard. I'd also love to remote FingerKeyboard if I could since I never ever use it, but I don't know if that's possible since it's cooked in.

Edit: I'm running the non-compressed ROM that showed up a little while ago.
Okay, after just over 24 hours on this ROM, I've had two hard locks requiring soft resets, and my battery life has been noticeably less than I had with Energy (may be related to the lockups which leave the screen on and at full brightness until I notice and soft reset).

I may give the most recent iteration a shot and see if that's any better.

Also, I noticed another bug that I had with Energy as well. I have two normal alarms each day, one for weekday mornings and another to remind me to take some medication. Occasionally I use the 3rd alarm as a quick one-time reminder, but sometimes I realize I don't need it so I just turn it back off before it sounds. However even with Alarm 3 turned off, it still sounds when it's set. Not sure what causes this, but it was happening on the 6.5.3 EnergyROM with Sense 2.1 I used before this one, too, so it may be a bug with the newer builds?

And in case anybody asks, I did flash to stock before loading this one.

Cookie mod was what gave the newer Sense 2.5 the ability to have more shortcuts on the home tab, right? So with that stripped back out, do we have any options yet with 2012 for added shortcuts? I may just go back to my original plan of loading the Sense 2.1 ROM.

Edit: I hope I don't come off insulting or angry or anything... I think the ROM is very well put together overall, I'm just having some trouble and trying to leave some hopefully useful feedback. I'm gonna try a different (OMJ) ROM and check back later.

Last edited by brc64; 03-13-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Reliance India

gadgetcrazy is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhawk View Post
I noticed that in the latest version, stylus no longer has any effect on the phone (when removed). It doesn't wake up nor unlock. (can't remember if it was working or not in 23541)
Thats true.
Thanks a lot OMJ once again.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development