PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Ozone,Diam,Imagio,TPro2,Opt-S,EVO,3VO,E4GT
Carrier: Boost (CDMA)

m4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm4f1050 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
sorry for annoying question(repeated 1000 times here im sure)but where do i get the youtube cab. i have a few but none are the stock one that omj uses..

thanks for the lite rom i dont mind the post flash cab installs..
Here is a version that worked for me.. It's not the latest but it works, even on MetroPCS and CDMA Boost (which is the 2 carriers I have.)

Maybe you can edit the cab and get it working? Worth a try.
Attached Files
File Type: cab YouTubeVGA.cab (2.54 MB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Telus

skullan is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Here's the updated 28014 2012 TEST ROM w/ LZX compression. Again, I removed Opera, Google & Youtube.

Going to try it now.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:11 PM
N00b
Carrier: Telus

skullan is just getting started

Start->Settings->System->Memory shows:

Storage 59.79 Megs free
Program: 102.33Megs free.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-14-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

kuluminati is keeping up the good workkuluminati is keeping up the good work

OMJ! I gotta say you have yourself a hit here my friend. I love it! Thank you for your Hardwork. The only thing I see missing that I am used to seeing is Bubble Breaker. If anyone could post the Diamond version of that, That would be awesome!

This ROM is a hit out of the park bud, nice work!
Old 02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch diamond

ppatel87 is a n00b

I'm having an issue with storage. After about a week of using my phone from the new flash, the free storage went down to like 0.5, and then my phone would keep giving me warnings that the memory is low. This is not the internal storage. I did not install any additional applications, and if i did, it would be on the INTERNAL storage. I tried to clear ram via cleanRAM... Didnt help. Any ideas out there?
Old 02-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

[QUOTE=ppatel87;1566737]I'm having an issue with storage. After about a week of using my phone from the new flash, the free storage went down to like 0.5, and then my phone would keep giving me warnings that the memory is low. This is not the internal storage. I did not install any additional applications, and if i did, it would be on the INTERNAL storage. I tried to clear ram via cleanRAM... Didnt help. Any ideas out there?[/QUOTE

ppatel87, check out my post on page 320 of this thread and some of the posts just after it. There are some excellent tips on how to manage main storage using ClearTemp (freeware), as well as moving files, etc...

Best to all,
R
Old 02-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Wonder if anyone can help with this:

I use a google voice number, when someone calls me I have the caller id set with google to show my google number, this way all my incoming calls via google are free

I then have my contacts setup as "googlenumber<pause>2number to call#, I also have a contact labled "google voice" so I can get to my google voicemail and manually dial someone

everything works great as far as calling out and receiving calls, but

anytime someone calls my gv number, it displays one of my contacts (which has the google number and the contact's number) and not the google voice contact (which has just the google number).. I've even changed the name of the google contact entry and put an "a" so it's the 1st item in the contacts list and it still pulls up the same person when my phone rings

I had it working right a few months ago and then it stopped

I just installed the latest omj rom (the 2/12/10) and before I restored my contacts, I called myself and created a new contact, then restored my contacts (and selected not to restore dup's)

anyone have any suggestions? it's not that big of a deal, it would just be nice to have it show "google voice" instead of "other contact" when the phone rings

thanks for any advice

<update>

I figured out a fix, I added a "P" to the google voice contact entry and now when it rings it shows that contact, don't know why the caller id would look at a contact with more info in the string then just the number, but it is working now

Last edited by Nosey; 02-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
Wonder if anyone can help with this:

I use a google voice number, when someone calls me I have the caller id set with google to show my google number, this way all my incoming calls via google are free

I then have my contacts setup as "googlenumber<pause>2number to call#, I also have a contact labled "google voice" so I can get to my google voicemail and manually dial someone

everything works great as far as calling out and receiving calls, but

anytime someone calls my gv number, it displays one of my contacts (which has the google number and the contact's number) and not the google voice contact (which has just the google number).. I've even changed the name of the google contact entry and put an "a" so it's the 1st item in the contacts list and it still pulls up the same person when my phone rings

I had it working right a few months ago and then it stopped

I just installed the latest omj rom (the 2/12/10) and before I restored my contacts, I called myself and created a new contact, then restored my contacts (and selected not to restore dup's)

anyone have any suggestions? it's not that big of a deal, it would just be nice to have it show "google voice" instead of "other contact" when the phone rings

thanks for any advice

<update>

I figured out a fix, I added a "P" to the google voice contact entry and now when it rings it shows that contact, don't know why the caller id would look at a contact with more info in the string then just the number, but it is working now

There are also a few apps out there that basically replace the dialer and go through GV. I had bookmarked them but lost them, sorry. I remember that one of the better ones was over a xda if you wanna try looking for it. So your carrier gives you a few numbers to pick that calls are free to and from?

Old 02-15-2010, 02:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
There are also a few apps out there that basically replace the dialer and go through GV. I had bookmarked them but lost them, sorry. I remember that one of the better ones was over a xda if you wanna try looking for it. So your carrier gives you a few numbers to pick that calls are free to and from?
I tried the different apps and didn't like any of them, plus, I don't have a dedicated data plan

I am on alltel prepaid, I get data for .10/min, and I get 1 fav number which I have set to my gv number, I never gave out my "cell" number when I set this up, only my gv number, so all calls in are free (I have my gv number caller id set to show my gv number and when I answer it says "you have a call from whoever, hit 1 to answer or 2 to send to voicemail") and when I call out I dial my gv number, hit 2 and dial the persons number and all calls out are free

I pay $1/day (one day I will change to the .75/day), I get free nights/weekends, free txt, 1 fav number

I plan on switching to a regular alltel account soon, get the $39 plan which gives me 500 minutes and 5 fav numbers and from what one of the support guys said, since I am using my own diamond I don't have to pay for the $40?? data plan, I can get the $5 data plan, the sales people will say I would get limited data but the support guy said I would get full data
Old 02-15-2010, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

vansmack is keeping up the good workvansmack is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Here's the updated 28014 2012 TEST ROM w/ LZX compression. Again, I removed Opera, Google & Youtube.
So far so good OMJ after 24 hours of use. I'm not noticing a performance hit with the compression at all. In addition Windows Live worked fine in this new iteration. With all this saved space it might not make sense to leave programs out, but I know you've been under a pressure for that so I'll go with whatever you decide.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development