PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 07:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Re: AdobeReader LE 2.5 "REFLOW" text

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
(post #3362 )....version of Adobe reader that is packed with the ROM does not seem to have the "reflow" option as some other WM versions I have seen. "Reflow" rearranges the document to eliminate left-right scrolling on the document (which is bloody annoying on a PDA). It's a very handy feature for our small screens....
Bobram,
I have found that AdobeReader LE 2.5 already have the "reflow" capacity, you just need to change the register to enable the "text reflow menu" option (anyway some pdf files are incompatible) here is the link where they explain the regedit
by the way, I don't use AdobeReader I Use "mobipocket" (but you have to convert PDF to mobipocket first (.mobi) before copy to your PPC). I like more Mobipocket because you can change the background to Black, Text to Yellow, you can "bookmark" words and write annotations,
view FULL fullscreen without borders/menus, and you touch the screen to change the page (pretty much like the FUTURE HTC Sense *Wallpaper Reader).
Hope this work for You.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 02-22-2010 at 08:07 AM. Reason: mispell corrections
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

running Sense 2.5 2012 | 6.5.3 | 28014 | BETA
i've been experiencing some freezing on various subtabs of the contacts area ... sometimes when updating facebook, sometimes when viewing contact info. i did flash from shipped rom first before installing and also cleared storage on above rom after flashing. anyone else have any problems with freezing (or contacts). overall this seems a bit more sluggish at times than the previous 6.5.3 rom of yours i'd been using.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:38 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

sorry guys, havent been around lately, been working on a new project.....I was asked to join the ROM team @ WMpowerusers.com, so I've been working on a new ROM for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
I think they're looking for the actual file so that they can use it in other places (maybe for the home screen background).

OMJ, are you running the latest 2012 test ROM? I finally got around to trying it yesterday night but for some reason it lags a lot. I was previously using a Sense 2.1 ROM i cooked with your kitchen and that thing was very snappy. This new rom is definitely better than previous 2.5 roms but not as fast as Sense 2.1, as many people claimed..

Maybe I need to flash stock and then flash this...
I took it they were wanting to change the image....if thats not the case, I can post the image...

no, I'm not using the TEST ROMs, but v1.1....doesnt seem laggy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g10 View Post
I've been trying to use pkg2cab to create a cab file from the ext in OMJ's kitchen without any luck, was hoping someone smarter could pull it off
w/ all the Youtube trouble, I think I'll add it back in future ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
Is it just me or is opera totally broken in the 2.1 21887 release? Paths in "User Prefs" are messed up, it tries to load file://localhost/home or something on open, and there's no usable menu at the bottom, just a "Menu" button (does nothing) and a "Back" (which works.) Love me some WM6.5 and Sense2.1... but like a working Opera more! If anyone knows the fix, do tell.. many thanks OMJ for the otherwise great ROM, one of the most usable out there (PS, I don't have the problem w/ the Sense2.5 build... just Sense2.1..)
yeah, for some reason on the 2.1 ROMs, Opera was alittle funky. It's been awhile since I've ran 2.1 but I had to hit the left or right soft keys a couple times to get the correct menu, then it was fine after that.

ohh, I see u figured it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
Well, I couldn't find a better Sense 2.1 on WM6.5, so I trucked through the bugs. Such a pretty and fast ROM with RAM and space (50m!) to spare, awesome. Really appreciate your work, hope you keep coming out with swank 2.1+6.5 ROMs.

Fixed the Opera 10 loading "file://localhost/home" on 6.5 2.1 v1.3 (and v1.2) by adding a few lines to /Windows/27c65cbd_manila:
<InternetPortal>
<BrowserExe>\Windows\Opera10-armv4i.exe</BrowserExe>
<!--I don't think that mattered...-->

[...]
<Banner
SomeShit..
MoreShit..
NavigateUrl="http://google.com/m"
[...]

...so, pretty sure the NavigateUrl line helped, no more localhost/home issues.

Then some nasty .cab installed Opera9/OperaL (I want my hardware zoom wheel!!) to /Windows/ ignoring where I wanted it (grrr) and it forever autostart son boot trying to open "file://localhost/at," (double grr.)

Eventually fixed that by disabling Push Internet:
HKLM\Software\HTC\PushInternetEngine -> Enable = 0
HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\InternetPush -> EnablePushInternet = 0

Which makes me wonder my former problem was Push Internet related? And whether my second problem could probably also have been solved without disabling Push? But do I really care for Push to begin with? Doubt it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

Also shrunk (to ~1/3rd orig, not zero) ResCache to get down to 45% RAM use on boot:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=32

ahh very nice info....thanks....I've been meaning to learn how to edit the manila files

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
Bobram,
I have found that AdobeReader LE 2.5 already have the "reflow" capacity, you just need to change the register to enable the "text reflow menu" option (anyway some pdf files are incompatible) here is the link where they explain the regedit
by the way, I don't use AdobeReader I Use "mobipocket" (but you have to convert PDF to mobipocket first (.mobi) before copy to your PPC). I like more Mobipocket because you can change the background to Black, Text to Yellow, you can "bookmark" words and write annotations,
view FULL fullscreen without borders/menus, and you touch the screen to change the page (pretty much like the FUTURE HTC Sense *Wallpaper Reader).
Hope this work for You.
cool, thx for the info....I'll add it to my regedits.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\AdobeReaderLE.25]
"EnableReflow"=dword:1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillfearnoevil View Post
running Sense 2.5 2012 | 6.5.3 | 28014 | BETA
i've been experiencing some freezing on various subtabs of the contacts area ... sometimes when updating facebook, sometimes when viewing contact info. i did flash from shipped rom first before installing and also cleared storage on above rom after flashing. anyone else have any problems with freezing (or contacts). overall this seems a bit more sluggish at times than the previous 6.5.3 rom of yours i'd been using.
I have not updated post #1, but that is an older ROM, try my newest:

http://www.mobileunderground.info/omj09/ROMs/OMJ_Diamond_Sense_2.5_2012_28014_v1.2.7z

Last edited by OMJ; 02-22-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

using the latest beta 2012 6.5.3, and I just started having a weird problem with the phone automatically restarting itself when using the GPS.

I'll load up google maps and then after a few moments, the phone restarts. I also tried Igo8 and the same thing happens, it gets a GPS lock, then it says GPS hardware not detected and then the phone restarts.

I had left it running continuously on googlemaps tracking me as I traveled for about 2 hours, and it was working fine immediately before the problem started. Although the unit was feeling pretty hot on the lower backside.

Right now Im letting the unit cool down assuming it was the heat. Anyone ever had an issue with the phone over heating and rebooting on them?

EDIT:
I let the phone cool down, but it's still rebooting itself. It was just sitting with the screen off, and i saw it turn itself on, and then freeze and reboot.

Going to hard reset :/

Last edited by bobram; 02-22-2010 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry for the double post, but these are separate issues.

1) My phone keeps "forgetting" what volume level the sounds and ringer were set at. I'll have it set to vibrate, and then, sometime later, it will have switched completely on its own to an audible setting. This has caused some embarrassment, think britney spears ring tone going off in church. I just noticed it change itself right now, it was on vibrate, and now it set it self to silent.

2) My phone's ringtone keeps changing it'self to the "twitter - alert" sound. I change it back, and then a day or so later, it will change itself again.

P.S. I dont really have britney spears as my ringtone, spice girls sound much better.

Last edited by bobram; 02-22-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:43 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
using the latest beta 2012 6.5.3, and I just started having a weird problem with the phone automatically restarting itself when using the GPS.

I'll load up google maps and then after a few moments, the phone restarts. I also tried Igo8 and the same thing happens, it gets a GPS lock, then it says GPS hardware not detected and then the phone restarts.

I had left it running continuously on googlemaps tracking me as I traveled for about 2 hours, and it was working fine immediately before the problem started. Although the unit was feeling pretty hot on the lower backside.

Right now Im letting the unit cool down assuming it was the heat. Anyone ever had an issue with the phone over heating and rebooting on them?

I just updated post #1 w/ the links to my latest roms....that beta one is older
Old 02-22-2010, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

OMJ,

doo you have the link for the call history tab kimi is working on?

thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 09:53 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
OMJ,

doo you have the link for the call history tab kimi is working on?

thanks
he only posted a screen shot...I'm gonna send him a pm about it.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I just updated post #1 w/ the links to my latest roms....that beta one is older
my mistake, I said beta, but I really meant the most current one from the 17th.

I used the link from you post here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3336

Also forgot to mention, 5-10 mins before the problem with the GPS started, google maps was throwing up errors saying that the GPS signal was weak.

Last edited by bobram; 02-22-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
my mistake, I said beta, but I really meant the most current one from the 17th.

I used the link from you post here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3336

Also forgot to mention, before the problem with the GPS started, google maps was throwing up errors saying that the GPS signal was weak.
oh, ok. ....hmmm, not sure about your issue, I've never seen that, but I havent used the gps for a long duration either.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development