PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2010, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

aeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good workaeropatel is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Hey guys I think we are looking for the matrix looking background.
I attached the screenshot below, but haven't found the actual file yet.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3361

lol, all u have to do is go to sense settings tab, personalize, then Lock Screen Wallpaper, and change to whatever u want.

I dont understand why this is so difficult???
I think they're looking for the actual file so that they can use it in other places (maybe for the home screen background).

OMJ, are you running the latest 2012 test ROM? I finally got around to trying it yesterday night but for some reason it lags a lot. I was previously using a Sense 2.1 ROM i cooked with your kitchen and that thing was very snappy. This new rom is definitely better than previous 2.5 roms but not as fast as Sense 2.1, as many people claimed..

Maybe I need to flash stock and then flash this...

Current ROM: HTC Sense 2.5 (WM 6.5.5 - SYS 23551) - Based on OMJ's Kitchen
Current Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 02-20-2010, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

HEDRICKMS is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeropatel View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnayde View Post
Hey guys I think we are looking for the matrix looking background.
I attached the screenshot below, but haven't found the actual file yet.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3361

lol, all u have to do is go to sense settings tab, personalize, then Lock Screen Wallpaper, and change to whatever u want.

I dont understand why this is so difficult???
I think they're looking for the actual file so that they can use it in other places (maybe for the home screen background).

OMJ, are you running the latest 2012 test ROM? I finally got around to trying it yesterday night but for some reason it lags a lot. I was previously using a Sense 2.1 ROM i cooked with your kitchen and that thing was very snappy. This new rom is definitely better than previous 2.5 roms but not as fast as Sense 2.1, as many people claimed..

Maybe I need to flash stock and then flash this...

No I dont think it is a bad flash. I notice the same thing and I have flashed stock (did the dance). I dont see where this version is as fast or faster than Sense 2.1. It just isnt or at least I dont see it.

Although after using this ROM this is the best 2.5 ROM out IMO right now, thanks OMJ!

Last edited by HEDRICKMS; 02-20-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4f1050 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG26 View Post
sorry for annoying question(repeated 1000 times here im sure)but where do i get the youtube cab. i have a few but none are the stock one that omj uses..

thanks for the lite rom i dont mind the post flash cab installs..
Here is a version that worked for me.. It's not the latest but it works, even on MetroPCS and CDMA Boost (which is the 2 carriers I have.)

Maybe you can edit the cab and get it working? Worth a try.
heads up to anyone looking for youtube, i installed this cab and its broke and you cant remove it from "remove programs" the only one i found that works is the one for regular cell phones that makes all the videos look pixelated. If anyone has the one oem cab that omj uses it would be appreciated.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:09 AM
g10
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch diamond
Carrier: Telus

g10 is a n00b

I've been trying to use pkg2cab to create a cab file from the ext in OMJ's kitchen without any luck, was hoping someone smarter could pull it off
Old 02-21-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

eval- is keeping up the good workeval- is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/15

Quote:
[SIZE=4]Sense 2.1 21887 v1.3

DOWNLOAD

Is it just me or is opera totally broken in the 2.1 21887 release? Paths in "User Prefs" are messed up, it tries to load file://localhost/home or something on open, and there's no usable menu at the bottom, just a "Menu" button (does nothing) and a "Back" (which works.) Love me some WM6.5 and Sense2.1... but like a working Opera more! If anyone knows the fix, do tell.. many thanks OMJ for the otherwise great ROM, one of the most usable out there (PS, I don't have the problem w/ the Sense2.5 build... just Sense2.1..)
Old 02-21-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eval- View Post
Quote:
[SIZE=4]Sense 2.1 21887 v1.3

DOWNLOAD

Is it just me or is opera totally broken in the 2.1 21887 release? Paths in "User Prefs" are messed up, it tries to load file://localhost/home or something on open, and there's no usable menu at the bottom, just a "Menu" button (does nothing) and a "Back" (which works.) Love me some WM6.5 and Sense2.1... but like a working Opera more! If anyone knows the fix, do tell.. many thanks OMJ for the otherwise great ROM, one of the most usable out there (PS, I don't have the problem w/ the Sense2.5 build... just Sense2.1..)
OK it's fine if I open it up elsewhere first and "Accept" the EULA, then I still get the "localhost/home" bug on the Internet tab but at least I can use the menu and change properties. Dropping a file called "home" on / works but any link or meta refresh in it always prepends the "file://localhost/home/" which causes Opera to barf again trying to open it. Mildly annoying, but I can live with it. Everything else is great! Gave up on 2.5, texts & messaging was too slow. Not a huge fan of these enormous menus (only on some programs?) and not sure how to change them... I've been out of it for a while...
Old 02-21-2010, 03:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: sprint

boobman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by boobman View Post
does anyone have the cab to install the diamond keyboard(20 buttons)? I used it as my primary keyboard for so long, i miss it now.
If anyone else was interested in this. Its called ezinput. I found it and it works perfect.

An update on youtube. The good version of youtube is called HTCyoutube I think it needs to be cooked in. I noticed that installing it with a cab the text was really tiny causing graphical errors and i added the registry value to bring the textscale back to 100% but it didnt work. So Im guessing we just need to wait for it to be cooked in again.

I also had a question pertaining to htc album. What is wrong with the stock diamond album that works perfectly? Is it just not compatible with sense 2.5?

Last edited by boobman; 02-21-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b

Here's a dumb Opera question:

How do you copy a link location? Older version I could just press and hold on the link and the option would come up. Not so on the latest versions.
Old 02-21-2010, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: {HTC Tøuch Prø.™} - {HTC Tøuch Prø.II™} Røm~WM 6.5
Carrier: SpRinT - Àlias Dumb Dumb Netwørk...Wit Nice Phones

Brooklyncat is keeping up the good workBrooklyncat is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Brooklyncat Send a message via MSN to Brooklyncat Send a message via Skype™ to Brooklyncat

I not understanding what your asking. But hold up a second OMJ's looks good I'm trying this right now!! Weez check it, the only thing I know if something can be copy is. My Device / Application Data / Opera the file that keeps all data I think is called opera6.adr. If this is what your talking about peace...
Old 02-22-2010, 06:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Well, I couldn't find a better Sense 2.1 on WM6.5, so I trucked through the bugs. Such a pretty and fast ROM with RAM and space (50m!) to spare, awesome. Really appreciate your work, hope you keep coming out with swank 2.1+6.5 ROMs.

Fixed the Opera 10 loading "file://localhost/home" on 6.5 2.1 v1.3 (and v1.2) by adding a few lines to /Windows/27c65cbd_manila:
<InternetPortal>
<BrowserExe>\Windows\Opera10-armv4i.exe</BrowserExe>
<!--I don't think that mattered...-->

[...]
<Banner
SomeShit..
MoreShit..
NavigateUrl="http://google.com/m"
[...]

...so, pretty sure the NavigateUrl line helped, no more localhost/home issues.

Then some nasty .cab installed Opera9/OperaL (I want my hardware zoom wheel!!) to /Windows/ ignoring where I wanted it (grrr) and it forever autostart son boot trying to open "file://localhost/at," (double grr.)

Eventually fixed that by disabling Push Internet:
HKLM\Software\HTC\PushInternetEngine -> Enable = 0
HKLM\Software\HTC\Manila\InternetPush -> EnablePushInternet = 0

Which makes me wonder my former problem was Push Internet related? And whether my second problem could probably also have been solved without disabling Push? But do I really care for Push to begin with? Doubt it: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=532948

Also shrunk (to ~1/3rd orig, not zero) ResCache to get down to 45% RAM use on boot:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=32
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development