PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 04:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - Telus
Carrier: Telus

Jeddeh is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/19

is anybody having trouble connecting to activesync after flashing to 28014 v 1.5? I just flashed tonight, and can't connect to activesync.

EDIT: changed usb ports on the pc and now it works.

Last edited by Jeddeh; 01-22-2010 at 12:30 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

monochus is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 1/19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherpitt View Post
Just wondering what kind of battery life everyone is getting, because my battery went from full to empty in about 8 hours overnight, with no programs running.

I thought that the data was continuously active, but per OMJ, that is not the case.

Anyone else having a battery drain, or is there something I'm doing wrong? Perhaps having the GPS on drains the battery?
Yep I fulled charged mine overnight and used for about 10 hours and then the battery died. I had data, gps, updates off and had two quick calls. Going to see how much I get out of it tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

monochus is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by monochus View Post
Yep I fulled charged mine overnight and used for about 10 hours and then the battery died. I had data, gps, updates off and had two quick calls. Going to see how much I get out of it tomorrow.
But other than that, everything else has been great of course. I love this rom so far!
Old 01-22-2010, 05:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Bell

scmasaru is just getting started

Great ROM, thanks!

Question: How can I put back in the vanilla "keyboard" keyboard so I can do ctrl-c, ctrl-v to work around apps that do not have context menus?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

omj...just updated to your Sense 2.1 | 6.5 | 21887 | v1.3 and the s2a is covered up at the bottom.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:01 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apeas2 View Post
On the latest Rom 2.5 28014 v1.5, these are the things I noticed.
Bluetooth Icon missing
Pic Viewer not showing 100% of pic, not centered correctly
Also, is this the correct dialer for CDMA? It's different than your other ROM's
BT icon missing is another side affect of this dialer. Yes, I believe it's a CDMA dialer, I changed to it to get the working FB integration.

as far as the pix....I've stated numerous times, this v3.2 album does not center properly but adds the FB integration....still waiting for a fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by egriffin View Post
Originally Posted by dreamer3kx
Love the rom but for some reason I have my data continuously running, anything I can do about it, thanks.
"thats from the new dialer, it breaks the data arrows, but your data is not truly running all the time."

Hey Ken, I really love the rom (28014 6.5.3, sense 2.5). the data does in fact run for hours and shortens the battery life considerably. Do you know an easy way to have it turn off when the phone is off, or not using data updates? I've turned off most automatic updates, but from time to time, the data connection stays on for 3-4 hours. I've seen a couple of fixes above...do you have one you recommend? Thanks a lot!
I'm not sure....I think there is a app to toggle data but I dont use one....I havent really seen any change in battery life on mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
BT icon fix for leo dialer : Attachment 56512

Just install and soft reset and BT icon should work..

I tested it on a 3.* series dialer but it has the same underlying problem, the dialer needs the TaskBarIconMgr dll.. BT Icons are the same as the previous Rhodium dialer..

cool, thx Omni! I'll add to my kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
For all having the Data Connection on issue, sorry if you have tried this before but if you go to Manila settings to Advanced Config/menu/more settings/connections/

choose data network/click disconnect after (bottom) and choose 30 secs or 1min...
very nice find...thx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondshawn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondshawn
First of all, this is the greatest thing to happen to my phone...thanks OMJ. I
usually just read through and upgrade as the ROMS come along, but i too am having a problem with items running off the bottom of the screen. I have reflashed 28014 v1.5 several times and i notice the problem the most when trying to change the date of an appointment and when in a call.

Again...thanks OMJ. Sorry for the complaint.
what do u mean by running of the bottom of the screen? the only screen I can think of that is not ported correctly is the appointment editor page, but you can still click on OK

I have the problem on the appointment screen editor and occasionally on the dialer...keypad and end call will hang off the bottom of the screen.
the appt editor I know about...the dialer should not have this issue....check task manager & make sure phcanvga.exe process is running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
This will give you a delay in being able to answer a call if data is active. Advanced Config was written for GSM devices and it messes up CDMA devices when that 'tweak' is used (in my experience). I think this thread talks about it: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40427

yep, you're right....just tested....data was still active, called my phone, when I slid to answer it just hung there. then called again after data was disconnected, was able to answer fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scmasaru View Post
Great ROM, thanks!

Question: How can I put back in the vanilla "keyboard" keyboard so I can do ctrl-c, ctrl-v to work around apps that do not have context menus?
I'm not sure which one that is, but I'm sure there's a cab out there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stravy View Post
omj...just updated to your Sense 2.1 | 6.5 | 21887 | v1.3 and the s2a is covered up at the bottom.

check task manager & make sure phcanvga.exe process is running.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Daimond

Schwarttzy is a n00b

GOT A QUESTION OMJ

Why is the keyboard in opera so slow, or is it an issue I'm having?

also what is the difference between 1.3 and 1.5?

Last edited by Schwarttzy; 01-22-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work

OMJ,

do you have the new leo dialer cab? can you post it up for me.

thanks
Old 01-22-2010, 04:13 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
GOT A QUESTION OMJ

Why is the keyboard in opera so slow, or is it an issue I'm having?

also what is the difference between 1.3 and 1.5?
I dont know...it seems alittle slow to me too.

V1.4...

-reverted to previous Menu Enhancement
-reverted to previous SensorSDK (rotation)
-replaced Inerceptor (position fix for 6.5.x) w/ modified Manila.exe w/ incorporated position fix

V1.5....

-Added LEO VGA Dialer (Facebook pix now show)
-Added SASHIMI
-Added manila locker fix (causing wallpaper bug)
-Added Opera auto-rotate fix
-Fixed Contact picker
-Twitter & Stocks tab disabled by default, you can easily re-enable in settings
-Removed UC

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech8704 View Post
OMJ,

do you have the new leo dialer cab? can you post it up for me.

thanks
here ya go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrorob
Ok, Everybody heres a finished (to my comfort) dialer that as far as i can see works properly.
I'll say its working at 99.999 percent and as with all the other canvases, landscape is not perfect.

its primarily for manila 2.5 but can work with 2.1, its 2G so no video calling but does have conference and works preaty smooth.

just quit cprog (and phcanvga.exe if you have it), install and then soft reset.

Cab pyrorob_gullum_Phone_Canvas_Enhancement_2G_4_2_V2. cab
original thread....http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=585459

Last edited by OMJ; 01-22-2010 at 04:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

xraytech8704 is keeping up the good workxraytech8704 is keeping up the good work

thanks OMJ.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development