PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
I forgot to mention b4, go into start/system tools, open setvolume....it's real close to the HTC volume, works great
That's perfect! I added a link to it in my Windows/Startup so it starts when I boot. Works great, acts just like the HTC volume.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
Well I'll be darned it does rotate, it just takes a lot longer than I expected.

I am certain my scroll wheel doesn't zoom and the text is kinda laggy though!
why do you need to scroll wheel to zoom? (didn't know the diamond had a scroll wheel), just tap the screen once and it zooms in (I believe in the settings somewhere I saw what percent of zoom it does)

I can say this much that's a plus, last few versions, along with IE, didn't do a few things on a few sites, like a capatcha (verify the words in the box), but it worked last night

now if I can get it to work with google calendars where I can add stuff easily
Old 03-18-2010, 11:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
why do you need to scroll wheel to zoom? (didn't know the diamond had a scroll wheel), just tap the screen once and it zooms in (I believe in the settings somewhere I saw what percent of zoom it does)
It was actually a pretty nice system they had worked out with zooming on the stock Diamond opera. Scrolling to zoom simply made things bigger (like on an iPhone) without changing the formatting, while tapping to zoom would zoom to a fixed amount and reflow the text so that it fit into the screen width. Each was useful in different situations.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue

overtheair is just getting started
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
That's perfect! I added a link to it in my Windows/Startup so it starts when I boot. Works great, acts just like the HTC volume.
Thanks for the tip on adding it to Startup. But the SetVolume link only controls system volume and doesn't have a separate control for ringer volume, as I've seen in other ROMS with HTC volume control. Is there a reg edit or other way to add the ringer volume control to this UI?

Quote:
why do you need to scroll wheel to zoom? (didn't know the diamond had a scroll wheel)
The scroll wheel is operated by fingering clockwise or counter-clockwise around the d-pad. In your Contacts list for example, it scrolls up or down the list. As manekineko said, in the stock ROM it would zoom in or out in Opera, but with a much wider range of zoom than available by tapping. It makes web pages much more readable in certain conditions.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheair View Post
Thanks for the tip on adding it to Startup. But the SetVolume link only controls system volume and doesn't have a separate control for ringer volume, as I've seen in other ROMS with HTC volume control. Is there a reg edit or other way to add the ringer volume control to this UI?
Tap the words System Volume up top.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell

goldengraham is becoming a great contributor

OMJ!
Just loaded up the newest Sense 2.1 version, so fast! Only problem is the settings tab isn't there... any idea how to get it back easily?

GG
Old 03-18-2010, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Quote:
oh, one last thing, forgot to ask earlier...

only played with it for a second as I have no signal here at home, but when internet sharing, I noticed my display went off just as I finished testing to make sure it was working

if the display goes off when sharing, do you lose the connection, as you do when you are connected as a "external" drive, if you aren't faster then the screen saver, you lose your connection and have to wake up the diamond
Interesting, my screen turned itself off on it's own but still stayed connected to the PC via usb tethering and the internet connection never dropped for 1+hours at a time.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Bell Mobility

higher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhigher diamonds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengraham View Post
OMJ!
Just loaded up the newest Sense 2.1 version, so fast! Only problem is the settings tab isn't there... any idea how to get it back easily?

GG

Posted by OMJ on how to get the setttings tab back

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3791
Old 03-18-2010, 07:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond, Vogue

overtheair is just getting started

Quote:
Tap the words System Volume up top.
Who knew? Obviously not me.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Interesting, my screen turned itself off on it's own but still stayed connected to the PC via usb tethering and the internet connection never dropped for 1+hours at a time.

I'll give it another try, it was late, already an hour past my bedtime, yes bedtime when you have to be up at 430am lol...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development