View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Nosey
Regular 'Geeker

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/12

Wonder if anyone can help with this:

I use a google voice number, when someone calls me I have the caller id set with google to show my google number, this way all my incoming calls via google are free

I then have my contacts setup as "googlenumber<pause>2number to call#, I also have a contact labled "google voice" so I can get to my google voicemail and manually dial someone

everything works great as far as calling out and receiving calls, but

anytime someone calls my gv number, it displays one of my contacts (which has the google number and the contact's number) and not the google voice contact (which has just the google number).. I've even changed the name of the google contact entry and put an "a" so it's the 1st item in the contacts list and it still pulls up the same person when my phone rings

I had it working right a few months ago and then it stopped

I just installed the latest omj rom (the 2/12/10) and before I restored my contacts, I called myself and created a new contact, then restored my contacts (and selected not to restore dup's)

anyone have any suggestions? it's not that big of a deal, it would just be nice to have it show "google voice" instead of "other contact" when the phone rings

thanks for any advice

<update>

I figured out a fix, I added a "P" to the google voice contact entry and now when it rings it shows that contact, don't know why the caller id would look at a contact with more info in the string then just the number, but it is working now

Last edited by Nosey; 02-15-2010 at 02:07 PM.