View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:01 AM
rhacy
Regular 'Geeker

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 2354x | 3/9/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
I used the reg edit to enable 911 and as expected, the phone codes (e.g. ##778#) no longer work from the dialer. But that's no problem because all the phone codes may still be accessed through the shortcuts in the Phone Codes folder even after the reg edit.

Since the phone codes can be accessed through shortcuts, and in the default configuration 911 does not work (with no other work around), I propose that 911 be enabled by default and that phone codes be disabled.

I would hate for some non-technical person using this ROM to need to call 911 only to have their phone lock up on them. It is the safer way.

What do you guys think?
That's a good idea, bobram. Plus, like you mentioned, the ## codes still work via OMJ's Phone Codes Folder Shortcuts with the 911 "DLL-OEM"="ddcall.dll" regedit enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Oh yes, and I may have found a bug in "Sense 2.5 2012 6.5.5 23544 v1.1 NO LZX"

Someone please attempt to reproduce and confirm:

Open the camera, then select "picture Theme" mode. I get this error:

"Unable to switch to the picture theme capture mode. Unable to load the default template"

I haven't been checking this feature on every release, so I don't know when it stopped working.
I reproduced and confirmed the theme capture mode default template error here as well.

Nevertheless, many many thanks OMJ for the great ROM work. Cheers! And... if it helps at all, lol..., I tested your last three 2.5 2012 6.5.5 builds, including fully loading them with a bum-load of third party apps as well as personal tweaks, and all three have worked well. Moreover, it's been tough to notice much difference in speed here between the old AKU 23541 with LZX and the Cookie Monster Mod added in, verses NK6.5 23544 combined with the cooked in Cookie Monster Mod, with or without LZX. The Cookie Monster Mod definitely slows down Sense 2.5 here on all three builds, compared to the old AKU 23541 without it.

In regard to the Cookie Monster Mod, I thought I'd mention that it has allowed me to add a row of four shortcut icons just above the slider icons on the home page. I just needed to use CHTEditor and select Auto Hide Call History, as well as disable VGA mode, and save the changes. The row of visible icons can be swiped left or right to show more icons, as long as you have Cookie Monster set to three pages. You can also swipe down and make the icons disappear. Please note that using Cookie Monster in WVGA mode is kind of funky though, due to the icons being so close to the slider icons. Plus the visible row of icons is hard to access when you actually slide up to view your normal CM 4x4 page of icons. Nonetheless, it's working here...

Thanks again OMJ!

Best to all,
R