PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 12:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
1. Any particular SYS? just the latest/stabalist?
Latest and stabalist.

Quote:
2. Leave Opera out or add back in?
Opera out. I like installing it to the internal storage because it keeps all your settings, and easier to update.

Quote:
3. Leave Google out or add back in?
Google out, easier to update.

Quote:
4. YouTube out or in? I'm pretty sure it's going back in
Definitely in!

Quote:
5. LZX Compression, yes or no? anyone running into any issues w/ it?
No issue that I've noticed. I like the space.

Quote:
anything else needed added or removed?
  • Phone codes folder takes up less than kilobyte (0.245 KB) and makes getting into all those CDMA options much easier.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3029
  • Reg edit for the "reflow" option in adobe reader.
  • I think there was a new update for marketplace.

Pie in the sky requests:
  • working scroll wheel in google maps/opera. (right now scroll only zooms out in gmaps, but not in.)
  • Would love to have the data arrows working if a new CDMA dialer ever came about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
1)
As far as leaving anything out, is it even possible to leave Internet Explorer Mobile out? Not sure if it is, but that would be great.
I like having IE built in so that I that if Opera is doing something funny with a website, there is another browser built in to try the page on.

Last edited by bobram; 02-25-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

Quote:
For those having the soft reset GPS issues, try this: disable time updates from the cell towers (Start, Settings, Personal, Phone, Services, Time Synchronization), if you have it enabled. Then soft reset and update your Quick GPS. Also, make sure your time zone is correct. Now test out your GPS.

If the above does not fix the GPS problem, you can try a copy of my xtra.bin for Quick GPS (you will need to unzip it). First, disable updates in Quick GPS, then copy this xtra.bin to your \windows directory and soft boot. You can save your old one first if you want. This xtra.bin has a 02-22-10 PST date, so it may be off for members in other time zones or for those that use it tomorrow. To change the xbin date, do not use notepad, use a text editor like UltraEdit, and just open the xbin in the text editor and save it, then use the saved version on your Diamond. Again, do not forget to soft reset.

Hope this helps,
R
It was a very strange issue. After midnight and the date change, the gps started working fine again and not rebooting the phone. It has been working fine for a couple days since now. Very weird stuff.

Although I didn't use you solution as the problem resolved itself, thanks for the post, I will remember this if the problem ever shows up again.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T Mobile

ezzie1971 is keeping up the good workezzie1971 is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=OMJ;1588049]Hey guys, I've finished my ROM for WMPU, they should have it posted soon, I'll post the link when they do. But now I'm working on my next updates, and looking for ya'll's input. I'll be updating the SYS's too.
Quote:

glad to see your done with the "other woman" for a while and are back to your one true love, us. actually can't wait to check her out and see if we need to befriend her or spread ****ty rumors behind her back.

questions for ya....

1. Any particular SYS? just the latest/stabalist?---trust your opinion on this---always go with the latest/stabalist at all times
2. Leave Opera out or add back in?-----leave it out, there are enough cabs to get what you want out of it and that also goes for google mapsf`cbg``````

anything else needed added or removed? i
I personally have never had any use for youtube so i much would rather be able to have the xtra space. ==========dfrs23
I cooked a 28014 ROM last night w/ opera 10.3 + Google 4 + Youtube.....still was using LZX Compression.....still had 80mb storage, but really, I dont need all that space, and if it runs better w/o compression, I can easily sacrifice the small amount of storage.
I personally like to have aa=ll of
Old 02-25-2010, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
It was a very strange issue. After midnight and the date change, the gps started working fine again and not rebooting the phone. It has been working fine for a couple days since now. Very weird stuff.

Although I didn't use you solution as the problem resolved itself, thanks for the post, I will remember this if the problem ever shows up again.
Thanks for the thanks bobram, hehehe. The reason I posted the fixes is that I use voice turn by turn GPS almost everyday, and months ago I had the GPS rebooting issue that was plaguing many members here at the time. Anyway, using an older xtra.bin fixed the problem at the time, until the Quick GPS updates were corrected on the servers. Then, a few weeks ago, I enabled time updates from the cell towers for no good reason, lol..., and my GPS started the rebooting nausea again, d'oh! Anyway, disabling the time updates appears to have fixed it so far.

In regard to IE, I see your point and understand that it should be left in..., my bad. Hehehe, I just try to avoid it as much as possible, due to Opera and SkyFire.

Best regards,
R
Old 02-25-2010, 04:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Thumbs up Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21887 / 28014 | 2/17

OMJ,
A lot of thanks, and of course To be consistent with our wills: "as we care of Diamond free Space, We also respect your free space". So, What ever you decide is GOOD FOR US. Kind Regards Sabroso.

1. Any particular SYS?
with all respect to everyone, I will say the one that HAD BETTER BATTERY LIFE!!!
2. Opera?
OUT, because "internal storage" safe space.
3. Google Maps?
Out, because it save everything in "internal storage", including Apps Data.
4. YouTube?
As you said, IN.
5. LZX Compression? anyone running into any issues w/ it?
IN, space is need it in some/particular times. Anyway I see no downspeed effect or inestability with compression.

more things:
1) INSIDE the ROM, but please can you update Marketplace ("CAB" link for download) (new one allow to install everything in "internal storage" for our diamonds) and please update Live for Mobile Phone
(EDIT: I have not put the direct Link for "Live for Mobile Phone" because in Mobile.Microsoft webpage they still have the old version
v10.7.0057.0801 and in the MarketPlace webpage they have the (Feb 22, 2010) new release v10.7.0060.2300 , even in the best families this happen, LOL)
and Live is FORCE to install in main memory anyway).
2) Maybe, I believe the "power button" will fail over time with use,
perhaps change "PSshutXP" with "SlidetoShutdown", or anything to not have to push for 5 seconds the "power button" to Shutdown
and have more space between "shutdown" and "Restart" button.
EDIT: Manekineko Thanks for the Link( is in Post #3449 )
--------------------------------
TO EVERYONE: You can use "Advance Config" (is inside "settings" and "HTC personalization tab") included in OMJ ROMs to relocated some "default" folder locations to the "internal storage". I personaly relocated: "apps data", "program files", My documents, My music, My photos, My videos, My ebooks, "favorities", "internet temporal", "cookies", "history", etc., etc, etc.
Just go to the "Location" section and make your changes by selecting where is the new folders (no need to manually write the hole path).
------------------------------
Quote:
3) I think Google Maps .....no matter where you install it, it's going to load up it's App Data and App Data Cache Folders in Main Storage...
Rhacy,
In a kindness (gentel) way I will invite you to test install Google Maps 4.0.0 in "Internal Storage". As OMJ said it also save the "Apps data" in the "internal storage".
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 02-26-2010 at 04:26 AM. Reason: add link, remove link, add thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I'm testing a 25006 ROM, but it has no LZX, getting ready to flash w/ LZX in a few.....so far seems very fast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
Latest & greatest. Cooked a rom using your kitchen and sys 23529.
Seems to be zippier then 28014.

Out.

Out.

In. Had problems with cabs.

Yes. No problems here and love the space.

Add BG4ALL when ready.
Add Office 2010
Remove Adobe. Cabs available.

Thanks OMJ for all you do for us.
yeah, I forgot to mention....I'm using Office 2010 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko View Post
OMJ, for the next version, could you see about getting the AGPS in Google Maps working again? It seems like it doesn't work anymore regardless of whether it's installed to memory or to internal storage.
I'm not really sure what it is that needs fixing....but I'll see what I can find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobram View Post
Latest and stabalist.

Opera out. I like installing it to the internal storage because it keeps all your settings, and easier to update.

Google out, easier to update.

Definitely in!

No issue that I've noticed. I like the space.

• Phone codes folder takes up less than kilobyte (0.245 KB) and makes getting into all those CDMA options much easier.
    http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=3029
  • Reg edit for the "reflow" option in adobe reader.
  • I think there was a new update for marketplace.

Pie in the sky requests:
  • working scroll wheel in google maps/opera. (right now scroll only zooms out in gmaps, but not in.)
  • Would love to have the data arrows working if a new CDMA dialer ever came about.

I like having IE built in so that I that if Opera is doing something funny with a website, there is another browser built in to try the page on.

I'm seeing a common response....lol

I already added the reflow reg to my kitchen along w/ the cache that was posted. I used to have those phone codes in my roms last yr, I'll take another look. I am not sure what needs to be done for the scroll wheel....my time is limited so I cant always research these things, but if anyone finds the solution by all means let me know so I can incorporate.

oh & I forgot to mention b4, but IE can probably be omiited, but I really never considered it....but as said b4, u can use my kitchen + template & remove IE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezzie1971 View Post
glad to see your done with the "other woman" for a while and are back to your one true love, us. actually can't wait to check her out and see if we need to befriend her or spread ****ty rumors behind her back.

I personally like to have aa=ll of
lol ez... PPCG has & will always be my home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
OMJ,
A lot of thanks, and of course To be consistent with our wills: "as we care of Diamond free Space, We also respect your free space". So, What ever you decide is GOOD FOR US. Kind Regards Sabroso.

1. Any particular SYS?
with all respect to everyone, I will say the one that HAD BETTER BATTERY LIFE!!!
2. Opera?
OUT, because "internal storage" safe space.
3. Google Maps?
Out, because it save everything in "internal storage", including Apps Data.
4. YouTube?
As you said, IN.
5. LZX Compression? anyone running into any issues w/ it?
IN, space is need it in some/particular times. Anyway I see no downspeed effect or inestability with compression.

more things:
INSIDE the ROM, but please can you update Marketplace (this the link for download) (new one allow to install everything in "internal storage" for our diamonds) and please update Live for Mobile Phone (Live is force to install main memory anyway).
Maybe, I believe the "power button" will fail over time with use,
perhaps change "PSshutXP" with "SlidetoShutdown", or anything to not have to push for 5 seconds the "power button" to Shutdown
and have more space between "shutdown" and "Restart" button.
--------------------------------
TO EVERYONE: You can use "Advance Config" (is inside "settings" and "HTC personalization tab") included in OMJ ROMs to relocated some "default" folder locations to the "internal storage". I personaly relocated: "apps data", "program files", My documents, My music, My photos, My videos, My ebooks, "favorities", "internet temporal", "cookies", "history", etc., etc, etc.
Just go to the "Location" section and make your changes by selecting where is the new folders (no need to manually write the hole path).
------------------------------

Rhacy,
In a kindness (gentel) way I will invite you to test install Google Maps 4.0.0 in "Internal Storage". As OMJ said it also save the "Apps data" in the "internal storage".
ok, I grabbed the latest marketplace, gonna try to convert to EXT. I have not seen "PSshutXP" with "SlidetoShutdown".....have a link?
Old 02-25-2010, 11:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: MTS

kayge is a n00b

Does anyone here know why 480x640 images (resolution of Diamond screen) do not fit properly in the Start Menu and Lockscreen. Actually its hit and miss, but most images get the bottom and right side cut off and WM starts the image again from the top and left respectively, leaving a bit of a sloppy look to the screens.

Some images of the same exact same resolution fit fine, but others get cut off as described.

Is there a reg edit (or something) that allows WM to fit images properly to screen resolution?

Last edited by kayge; 02-25-2010 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayge View Post
Does anyone here know why 480x600 images (resolution of Diamond screen) do not fit properly in the Start Menu and Lockscreen. Actually its hit and miss, but most images get the bottom and right side cut off and WM starts the image again from the top and left respectively, leaving a bit of a sloppy look to the screens.

Some images of the same exact same resolution fit fine, but others get cut off as described.

Is there a reg edit (or something) that allows WM to fit images properly to screen resolution?
Is that a typo in the resolution? Actual Diamond resolution is 640x480. Though it doesn't sound like that solves your problem.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

manekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuffmanekineko knows their stuff

Quote:
ok, I grabbed the latest marketplace, gonna try to convert to EXT. I have not seen "PSshutXP" with "SlidetoShutdown".....have a link?
This would be Slide2Shutdown:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554177

I agree with Sabroso, it's a nice solution that I personally like better than PSShutXP.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AwaKeN is a n00b

Quote:
Hey guys, I've finished my ROM for WMPU, they should have it posted soon, I'll post the link when they do. But now I'm working on my next updates, and looking for ya'll's input. I'll be updating the SYS's too.

questions for ya....

I cooked a 28014 ROM last night w/ opera 10.3 + Google 4 + Youtube.....still was using LZX Compression.....still had 80mb storage, but really, I dont need all that space, and if it runs better w/o compression, I can easily sacrifice the small amount of storage.
The fastest you have would be nice

Remove it and put a download link for the cab

I would remove the LZX compression it's faster without it !

I prefer to have a fast and clean ROM and add whatever i want in it. I think that today we need more speed than gadgets

My 2 cents

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development