PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Soft reset, then see if your city shows up when you type it into your Manila Weather "Add Location" setting, or just turn Sense off and back on again via your Home Items settings. If that does not do it, check and make sure you used the correct input format in City Editor. It needs to be: NAM|US|SC|Your City, with no spaces, and make sure your not using forward or back slashes instead of the "|" separator. It has worked here, with multiple versions of Manila, including 2012.

Hope this helps,
R
that did it, thanks, forgot the golden rule, if it don't work at 1st, soft reset!!!

funny, my location shows same as my city (so I have 2 panels with the same city) and the temp is 2 degrees different but the update time is the same lol

ok, 1-1 for tonight, how about this one, looking for a flash player so I can view some web sites, like live.cnn.com, but everything I find either won't play the site or you have to pay in order to put your own addresses in

got any ideas
Old 03-22-2010, 08:59 PM
rewandy5

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC Sense 2.5 & 2.1 ROMs | WM 6.5 / WM 6.5.x | 21055 / 21895 / 2354x | 3/12

I've been using this rom for a while now on my Diamond and I love it. However I'm not liking the full qwerty on this thing as it's rather small, so is there a way to get the regular phone keypad or compact qwerty back? I know it's been asked before but I could not find an answer.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond CDMA
Carrier: MTS

spitzilla is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewandy5 View Post
I've been using this rom for a while now on my Diamond and I love it. However I'm not liking the full qwerty on this thing as it's rather small, so is there a way to get the regular phone keypad or compact qwerty back? I know it's been asked before but I could not find an answer.
I was just looking for the same thing so yesterday I found and installed Calkulins Diamond EzInput 1.5.32437.0.cab and it works like a charm. Now I have fully functioning Phone Keypad along with the other previously installed ones. Search the forum and you will find a download link.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 & HD2
Carrier: Sprint & T-Mobile

rhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuffrhacy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosey View Post
that did it, thanks, forgot the golden rule, if it don't work at 1st, soft reset!!!

funny, my location shows same as my city (so I have 2 panels with the same city) and the temp is 2 degrees different but the update time is the same lol

ok, 1-1 for tonight, how about this one, looking for a flash player so I can view some web sites, like live.cnn.com, but everything I find either won't play the site or you have to pay in order to put your own addresses in

got any ideas
Good to hear you have City Weather working.... Cheers!

In regard to viewing flash videos on live.cnn.com, have you tried using SkyFire? It does not work with all flash sites, but it does work with live.cnn.com as well as many others. Plus, you can install it to your Internal Storage, and save some precious Main Storage.

Here's a link: http://get.skyfire.com/

Hope this helps...
Best to all,
R
Old 03-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Alltel Prepaid

Nosey is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacy View Post
Good to hear you have City Weather working.... Cheers!

In regard to viewing flash videos on live.cnn.com, have you tried using SkyFire? It does not work with all flash sites, but it does work with live.cnn.com as well as many others. Plus, you can install it to your Internal Storage, and save some precious Main Storage.

Here's a link: http://get.skyfire.com/

Hope this helps...
Best to all,
R
thanks, I tried it few years back and wasn't happy with it, but will give it a shot, if it will give me some flash sites, I have a 30-45 minute drive to work each morning at 5am and not much on regular radio, and like watching cnn news at home in the morning, so this will help, and not worried about burning up my battery since I am driving, I put my phone on the charger at all times while driving
Old 03-22-2010, 10:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

been real busy, havent had much time to keep up w/ the thread....ths mwalt & others for helpin out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisra View Post
hey OMJ can you cook a Room for Imagio devices?
sorry, but I dont like playing w/ roms I cant test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger505 View Post
Well I fixed the clock settings. A bit of a work around. Went to alarm and on my location which is Medford Oregon was 1 hour ahead from the real time. Added San Francisco which was correct. So I changed Medford to the right time and now San Francisco was an hour behind. Changed San Francisco back to the correct time and now they match...whew, but it worked even after soft resets!!!
I love OMJ's ROM really. I've tried em all for the TP2 (addicted flasher) and this ROM is equal or better to any for that device. So now my Sprint Diamond is a gem...I'm going to love not carrying around 2 pounds of phone in my back pocket. Yes I know the screen is smaller etc but...oh but now I have my local FM stations and just about everything I had on that TP2!
DONATION made to OMJ and Thank You
THANKS MUCH....I APPRECIATE IT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsxrlo View Post
OMJ, by far the best ROMs I have used, thanks for the hard work and continuing efforts in making our Diamonds a decent cell...

I just went to the new 2.1 WM 6.5.5 and it does seem faster and smoother then the 2.1 28104. the only thing is that the settings tab is not showing and the reg fix in not working for me either (like others have said) #11 (settings) has the 1 in the enable but I cannot not get it to show...

anyone found how to get this back or another way to fix it???
sorry, I havent had time to troubleshoot the settings page issue on 2.1
Old 03-22-2010, 10:30 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I know this was already mentioned, by deserves another!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...12#post5921312

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2;
Manila Locker 2.5.2012

Big thanks to amarullz and Kisja for developing the locker!

I updated some of the 1921 manila locker files to make them compatible with sense 2.5.2012. This is only the bare minimum to get the locker working. There is no cool settings screen in the settings tab. I may try to add it later, but it just resulted in a non-function settings tab when I tried quickly today. All settings are adjustable via registry settings below:
Code:
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\HTC\Manila]
"Home.lock.Enabled"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.enableUnlockOnACPlug"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.enableUnlockOnACUnPlug"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.enableLockOnStandby"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.enableUnlockOnCall"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.enableLockAfterCall"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.SuspendTimeout"=dword:0000001e
"Home.lock.enableDimBacklight"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.enableAnimationOnPower"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.enableVibration"=dword:00000001
"Home.lock.StartAnimation"=dword:00000000
"Home.lock.SignalStrength"=dword:00000000
"Home.lock.battery"=dword:00000000
"Home.lock.battery_state"=dword:00000000

Update 03-19-2010

-Only 2 versions needed now. If you are using cookie's home tab 1.6.1, use the cab marked CHT_1.6.1
-Compatible with this BG4ALL mod
-Compatible with WM6.5 HDWall-Like mod. It may work with 6.5.x, but probably needs adjusted (if you try it, please post your results). I will update it the next time I cook a 6.5.x ROM.
-Manila Locker 2.5.2012+CHT_1.6.1 update2.cab will position the lock toggler on the top left of your screen so as to no interfere with the cookie page selector. The devstatus icons have also been moved up a few pixels to avoid overlap with date/alarm when multiple appointments are shown.

Update 03-20-2010

-Rumball posted another option of Manila Locker 2.5.2012+CHT_1.6.1 positioning. You can get it HERE. Copy/overwrite the file to \windows after installing Manila Locker 2.5.2012+CHT_1.6.1 update2.cab.

Issues/Solutions

-Settings still only adjustable via registry edit
-The lock on the far left may overlap with your carrier or whatever text you have there when using the CHT manila locker (I hide mine, so didn't think of it).
-If you would like another option, please see rumball's post HERE.
-CHT elements are still accessible when locked.
-Turn on auto-hide for calendar and call history.
-Turn off page selector
-I will try to update the locker script to make these elements 'locked' when manila locker is active.

Enjoy
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started

two problems i'm having. first, is anybody else having problems with the notification icon at the top of the screen. it is extremely difficult to get the icon to respond to a tap with the stylus and impossible with the fInger. perhaps there is another way to access missed calls, voicemails and meeting appointments

other issue with the final version of opera10. seems that touch input for the menu items is sometimes nonresponsive. it may take multiple taps to bring up the bookmarks or to end the browser session. anybody else noticing similar issues or have a solution.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

bobram is keeping up the good workbobram is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
other issue with the final version of opera10. seems that touch input for the menu items is sometimes nonresponsive. it may take multiple taps to bring up the bookmarks or to end the browser session. anybody else noticing similar issues or have a solution.

I haven't noticed that behaviour. Do you have the latest final release? They updated opera to build 50433 2 days after the final was released.

You can check your opera build by going to "opera:about" in the address bar.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

AwaKeN is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
two problems i'm having. first, is anybody else having problems with the notification icon at the top of the screen. it is extremely difficult to get the icon to respond to a tap with the stylus and impossible with the fInger. perhaps there is another way to access missed calls, voicemails and meeting appointments
I have the same problem ! It takes like 5 try to get the notification screen with the stylus and almost impossible with the fingers ! I would like to know if there is a workaround to get that screen !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development